That’s all it takes to book an escorted full day tour with Rail Europe that departs from London and travels to Stratford, Oxford, and Warwick Castle. Board the deluxe coach in London for your first stop at Oxford, Britain’s oldest university. Then you’ll book it to Stratford upon Avon, where you’ll travel to the birthplace of William Shakespeare and the romantic thatched cottage where he wooed his beloved Anne Hathaway. Soak in the 12th century atmosphere before you experience knight-time at Warwick castle, a grand medieval rampart. You’ll return by bus to London after a perfect day. ‘Tis such stuff as dreams are made on.
Stratford, Oxford, Cotswolds and Warwick Castle
When touring castles, a little British reserve is quite helpful
Here’s what’s included:
- Choice of 2 tour options: escorted tour with lunch pack, or the Discovery tour (site entrances or lunch pack not included).
- Escorted tour with lunch pack includes:
- Walking tour of Oxford
- Entry to Brasenose College
- Scenic drive through the Cotswolds
- Complimentary lunch pack with sandwich, bottle of water and fruit
- Entry to Shakespeare’s birthplace
- Explore Stratford-Upon-Avon
- Entry to and extended visit to Warwick Castle
- Beginning April 1, 2016: Select Free Walking Tours available,
- vouchers must be collected from the Golden Tours office in
- Victoria on the day of the tour and must be used within 48 hours after
- Coach Tour date. (not offered with Discovery Tours)
- Discovery tour without entrances or lunch pack includes:
- Walking tour of Oxford
- Scenic drive through Cotswolds
- Explore Stratford-Upon-Avon
- See Warwick Castle
- Does not include entrance fees
- Special reduced rate for children ages 3 -16.
- Reservation must be made at least 24 hours before tour begins. Details on making reservations are included with your voucher.
- This tour begins at 8:45am and finishes at approximately 7:00pm.
- For hotel pick up times please refer to the FAQ section.
- Tour operates: daily
- Travelers should wait by the concierge desk for pickup of their tour at least 10 minutes before the scheduled pickup time.
- Voucher must be exchanged within 6 months of purchase date.
- Once the tour has been reserved the tour is non-refundable.
- Prices are subject to change.
You may also be interested in
Common Questions, Simple Answers
Q. What is the questionnaire that comes with my rail pass? Do I have to fill it out?
A. The questionnaire (or travel report) on the ticket jacket containing your Eurail pass is a required survey used by the European railways to better understand how Eurail passes are used throughout Europe. A gift is offered by Eurail for completing and returning the questionnaire to the supplied address. Upon receiving the travel report, Eurail should send the free gift within 4-6 weeks..
Q. What happens if I board a train with my rail pass but forgot to purchase a reservation?
A. We suggest advising the conductor as soon as possible of the situation and purchase the required reservation. If you’re traveling on a train that requires a reservation you could be fined.
Q. The promo code I have expired. What can I do?
A. We’re sorry, but once a promo code has expired, it’s unusable. You will need to proceed without the promo code to complete your booking.
Q. I received my e-ticket as a pdf but wasn’t able to print it. Can I print it at the station?
A. French print at home e-tickets can be re-issued from a self-service kiosk at the station. You will need the e-ticket # located on your booking confirmation email.
Eurostar print at home e-tickets can be re-issued at the Eurostar desk in the departure station, but there is a 15£ fee per ticket. You will need the e-ticket # located on your booking confirmation email.
No other print at home e-tickets can be re-issued at the station.
Q. Where can I find more information about European train stations?
A. We offer valuable information on the most popular train stations in Europe. You can find a link to our Train Station page in the footer on any page on the website.
Q. Why do some German station names have extra characters in the station name?
A. In a few circumstances, German station names are listed with extra characters extended after the official station name. They are of no concern for travellers, and can be disregarded.
Muenchen Hbf Gl.27-36 = Munich Main Train Station
Koeln Messedeutz11-12 = Cologne Messe Deatz Station
Berlin Hbf (Tief) = Berlin Main Train Station
Q. How do I contact you while I’m in Europe?
A. If you need to contact us while you’re in Europe, you can send us a message by visiting our Contact Us Page.
Q. Do I need to do anything with my rail pass before boarding the train?
A. Yes. You will need to visit the ticket window at the train station before boarding your first train to activate your rail pass. A railroad official will enter the first and last day of validity on your rail pass and stamp your rail pass. You will have to show your passport, and the name on your rail pass will need to match it. Then, in case of a flexi-pass, for each day you use your rail pass you will need to enter the date in the designated travel calendar box on your rail pass. If you board a train and have not entered the date, when the conductor comes around to check your travel documents you may be subject to a fine and the payment of full fare ticket that will need to be paid in local currency directly to the conductor. Be sure to read all documentation that accompanies your rail pass prior to departure. The more you know about your rail pass, the more likely you are to avoid issues onboard the train.
Q. Can I customize my group trip (meals on board, train station transfers)?
A. We love groups, and we do everything we can to make the experience as pleasurable as possible. We offer onboard catering, motor coach transfers to and from the train station, as well as luggage handling at select stations. For more information fill out our Group Quote form and a dedicated group consultant will respond to your request.
Q. What information do I need to provide in a booking to purchase with Rail Europe?
A. We require your name as it appears on your passport (first and last name only), gender, and (in some cases) date of birth. Please note that this same information will be necessary for all travellers in your travel party.
Depending on the type of train ticket you are booking, we may also need a physical mailing address where we can send your travel documents. We send documents using traceable shipping methods, and the package will need to be signed for. In addition, we’ll need a valid email address so we can send you an invoice, and a phone number in case we need to contact you regarding your booking.