That’s all it takes to book an escorted full day tour with Rail Europe that departs from London and travels to Stratford, Oxford, and Warwick Castle. Board the deluxe coach in London for your first stop at Oxford, Britain’s oldest university. Then you’ll book it to Stratford upon Avon, where you’ll travel to the birthplace of William Shakespeare and the romantic thatched cottage where he wooed his beloved Anne Hathaway. Soak in the 12th century atmosphere before you experience knight-time at Warwick castle, a grand medieval rampart. You’ll return by bus to London after a perfect day. ‘Tis such stuff as dreams are made on.
Stratford, Oxford, Cotswolds and Warwick Castle
- When touring castles, a little British reserve is quite helpful
- Children under 4 travel for free.
Here’s what’s included :
- Choice of 2 tour options : escorted tour with lunch pack, or the Discovery tour (site entrances or lunch pack not included).
- Escorted tour with lunch pack includes :
- Walking tour of Oxford
- Entry to Brasenose College
- Scenic drive through the Cotswolds
- Complimentary lunch pack with sandwich, bottle of water and fruit
- Entry to Shakespeare’s birthplace
- Explore Stratford-Upon-Avon
- Entry to and extended visit to Warwick Castle
- Beginning April 1, 2016 : Select Free Walking Tours available,
- vouchers must be collected from the Golden Tours office in
- Victoria on the day of the tour and must be used within 48 hours after
- Coach Tour date. (not offered with Discovery Tours)
- Discovery tour without entrances or lunch pack includes :
- Walking tour of Oxford
- Scenic drive through Cotswolds
- Explore Stratford-Upon-Avon
- See Warwick Castle
- Does not include entrance fees
- Special reduced rate for children ages 3 -16.
- Reservation must be made at least 24 hours before tour begins. Details on making reservations are included with your voucher.
- This tour begins at 8:45am and finishes at approximately 7:00pm.
- For hotel pick up times please refer to the FAQ section.
- Tour operates : daily
- Travelers should wait by the concierge desk for pickup of their tour at least 10 minutes before the scheduled pickup time.
- Voucher must be exchanged within 6 months of purchase date.
- Once the tour has been reserved the tour is non-refundable.
- Prices are subject to change.
From our travel community
You may also be interested in
Common Questions, Simple Answers
Q. Where can I find my e ticket number or e ticket confirmation code ?
A. Your e-ticket number or e-ticket confirmation code is a string of 6 letters (or an 8 character alphanumeric code for British e-tickets) that can be found on your Rail Europe email invoice.
In addition, if you have purchased on our website while signed into your Rail Europe account, you may retrieve this code by looking up your booking in your Dashboard. You can also find it by accessing your itinerary through our mobile site or iPhone app.
Q. Are there lounges at the train station I can access with my Rail Europe tickets ?
A. Some of the main train stations in larger European cities offer lounges. Access to lounges depends on the type of train ticket you have ; generally a First class ticket is needed.
Trains that offer lounge access are :
SJ High Speed
Trenitalia International Night
Spanish Night Trains
To learn more about lounge access for any of the above trains, we encourage you to visit the product page for the train.
Q. Do the train stations offer services to help carry my luggage ?
A. Many train stations in Europe have self-service luggage carts that you can use to transport your luggage through the train station. These carts are usually coin-operated and when you return your cart, you’ll get your coin back.
It’s always best to pack light and anticipate that you will need to carry your own luggage. Only a few stations in Europe offer porter services. Also keep in mind that while some stations offer elevators and/or escalators, you may need to carry your luggage up or down stairs to reach the correct train platform.
Q. Do you offer maps of European train stations ?
A. We do offer links to Google Maps for many European train stations. At this time we do not have specific layouts of any train station interiors in Europe.
Q. Will the conductor take my passport ?
A. Conductors will not take your passport during day trips. If your passport does need to be checked, the local border control staff will simply walk through each train car checking each passengers travel documents and hand them back to you.
With overnight trips you’ll generally provide the train attendant with your reservation voucher, rail pass or train ticket, and passport as you board. That way, they can take care of everything with conductors and customs officials so you can sleep uninterrupted through the night.
Q. What is a Diabolo fee ?
A. The Diabolo fee is a supplement for utilizing the trains in and out of the Brussels Airport Station in Belgium. This nominal fee can be paid at the station or on board the train.
Q. What is a travel day on a rail pass ?
A. A travel day on a rail pass is a 24-hour period, from midnight to midnight, during which you can take as many train journeys as you desire. Since rail passes use calendar days, journeys within 24-hours of each other but on different days will count as two travel days.
Q. Can I choose a specific seat when booking a train ticket ?
A. At this time, we are unable to offer this service. Unlike airlines, most rail carriers do not offer the possibility to select your specific seat.
Q. Do I need to buy a reservation if I already have a rail pass ? How do I book one ?
A. If you plan to travel on a high speed, scenic, or overnight train, you will need a reservation as many of these types of trains require them - even if you have a rail pass. Seat reservations guarantee you a seat on the train you wish to travel on. While additional fees apply, many trains offer reduced fares to passholders. When you reserve your train, be sure to check the box that states "I have a rail pass", this will allow our system to find the best fare possible for your journey.
Q. What if my shipment gets lost ?
A. If you believe that your shipment is lost, please contact us as soon as possible using our Contact Us page.
If you’re departing soon and your booking is lost, we will work with you for the best possible solution to deliver your travel documents before you leave.