At 10,000 feet, Mount Titlis, is Central Switzerland’s loftiest peak exuding a snow and ice spectacular that’s visually stunning. And, this journey in Switzerland is even more camera-compulsory because you’ll be riding in the revolving Rotair, an aerial cable car that delivers awesome 360-degree panoramic views of the snow-covered valleys, glaciers, lakes, forests, and mountains in Switzerland. And when you’re finally ready to put the lens aside, why not take full advantage of this snow paradise ? Tackle the slopes (many open year-round) with some skiing or snowboarding. Or try snow tubing down a 500-ft. slide called the Fun Lift. Then walk across the Titlis Cliff Walk, this spectacular suspension bridge sits over 1,600 feet off the ground. Feeling adventurous ? Go kayaking on the gorgeous mountain lake, Trubsee or visit the Glacier Grotto, a 130-mile roundtrip excursion below the earth’s surface. Want to be a little more grounded ? Then hop on a Trotti-Bike (a scooter that’s not just for kids) and take a ride from Gerschnialp to Engelberg.
- Enjoy round trip travel from Engelberg to Mount Titlis.
- Children under 4 travel for free.
Now tour to new heights in Switzerland all year long.
- Round-trip cable-car travel provided from Engelberg to Mount Titlis.
- Includes access to the Titlis Cliff Walk, the highest suspension bridge in Europe.
- Includes a ride on the Ice Flyer, a chairlift that spans the glacier crevasses of Mount Titlis.
- Entrance provided into the Glacier Grotto, a roundtrip excursion below the earth’s surface.
- More attractions are available at an additional charge.
- Discounted fares are only valid with a Swiss Travel Pass, Swiss Half Fare Card and Eurail Passes that include Switzerland, please refer to the type of pass you have when selecting your tickets.
- All child rates are valid for children ages 6 -15.
- Children under 6 are free.
- Children traveling with a Swiss Family Card are free when they travel with a parent or guardian that is traveling with a Swiss Travel Pass. Where noted below, please indicate the number of children that are NOT covered by the Swiss Family Card. Note : these children will be required to purchase a ticket.
- Tickets and the Swiss Transfer ticket are not valid for rail pass discounts.
- Exchange voucher for actual ticket within 6 months of date of issue with cashier at the valley cable car station in Engelberg.
- Train tickets are valid for six months from the date of purchase.
- The cable-cars between Engelberg and Mt. Titlis will not operate from Nov 6-17, 2017 due to annual maintenance work.
- Prices are subject to change.
From our travel community
You may also be interested in
Common Questions, Simple Answers
Q. Are there WC and other amenities onboard trains ?
A. Yes, trains have water closet or toilets which are easily accessible and are clearly marked with a WC sign. If you want to use the WC, you will find them in front or at the back or each carriage. They include a washbasin.
Q. Which European cities are served by the Thalys trains ?
A. Thalys connects Paris, the French capital to many major cities of Northern Europe. From Paris, you can reach Brussels in 1h22, Amsterdam in 3h18 or Cologne in 3h14. Thalys has also a seasonal service, known as Thalys Snow, which runs from Brussels to ski resorts in Chambéry, Albertville, Moutiers, Aime-la-Plagne, Landry and Bourg-St-Maurice, every Saturday without any stops.
Q. Is it possible to transfer a Rail Pass to another person’s name ?
A. No. Rail Passes are non-transferable. They contain the name of the traveller and cannot be reprinted. However holders of a Rail Pass can reschedule his trip as a Rail Pass is valid up to 6 months from the date of purchase.
Q. Do you offer e-ticket service ?
A. Yes. Depending on the train and trip, you can choose between "Print @ home" or "Print @ the station" tickets.
Q. How can I request a brochure from your company ?
A. We’ve made our brochures conveniently available online in an effort to reduce the amount of paper used. You can download Rail Europe’s full-color Europe on Track or Rail Europe Collection brochures.
Q. What is the start of the validity of my Rail Pass ?
A. Your Rail Pass will start to be effective when the railway staff stamps it.
Q. Do Lyria trains have a catering service ?
A. Yes and they are located in carriage 4 or 14, in the middle of the Lyria train. The TGV Lyria bar offers tasty snacks and meals : sandwiches, hot/cold local dishes, salads, children’s menu, hot and cold drinks. An at seat service is available for those travelling in First class.
Q. What is the baggage limitation when travelling on board AVE trains ?
A. Passengers can carry up to 2 hand luggages. The total weight should not exceed 20kg (44 pounds). Total dimensions should not exceed more than 2m50. Passengers are sole responsible for their luggage which they must store in designated areas in the AVE trains.
Q. Can I choose to travel in a country that is not on my pass and add it on the pass ?
A. No. Your pass only covers the countries that you have selected prior to your purchase. If you want to travel trough a country that is not on the pass, you will have to purchase an extra ticket.
Please refer to our online maps to see if you will be travelling through a country you have not planned for.
Q. Does the fare, which appears in the search ticket/pass/schedule section, apply for a single person or every traveller ?
A. It applies for the number of traveller that is entered in the search menu. First, the ticket/pass/schedule section will give you a selection of results which includes the cost of your Outbound journey. After your Outbound journey’s choice, you will obtain a selection of results which includes the cost of your Return journey.