At 10,000 feet, Mount Titlis, is Central Switzerland’s loftiest peak exuding a snow and ice spectacular that’s visually stunning. And, this journey in Switzerland is even more camera-compulsory because you’ll be riding in the revolving Rotair, an aerial cable car that delivers awesome 360-degree panoramic views of the snow-covered valleys, glaciers, lakes, forests, and mountains in Switzerland. And when you’re finally ready to put the lens aside, why not take full advantage of this snow paradise? Tackle the slopes (many open year-round) with some skiing or snowboarding. Or try snow tubing down a 500-ft. slide called the Fun Lift. Then walk across the Titlis Cliff Walk, this spectacular suspension bridge sits over 1,600 feet off the ground. Feeling adventurous? Go kayaking on the gorgeous mountain lake, Trubsee or visit the Glacier Grotto, a 130-mile roundtrip excursion below the earth’s surface. Want to be a little more grounded? Then hop on a Trotti-Bike (a scooter that’s not just for kids) and take a ride from Gerschnialp to Engelberg.
Experience the beauty of Titlis on the world’s first revolving cable car
- Round trip travel from Engelberg to Mount Titlis by 2 cable cars
- Take a walk on the highest suspension bridge in Europe
- Issued as an exchange voucher
- The only accessible glacier all year round in central Switzerland
- Children under 6 travel free sharing adult passenger’s seat
- Discount offered with Swiss Travel Pass
- Entrance into the Glacier Cave, a roundtrip excursion below the earth’s surface
- A ride on the Ice Flyer, a chairlift that spans the glacier crevasses of Mount Titlis
- Enjoy snow tubing and sledding down a 150-meter snowy field At the Titlis Glacier Park
- Round-trip cable-car travel provided from Engelberg to Mount Titlis.
- Includes access to the Titlis Cliff Walk, the highest suspension bridge in Europe.
- Includes a ride on the Ice Flyer, a chairlift that spans the glacier crevasses of Mount Titlis.
- Entrance provided into the Glacier Grotto, a roundtrip excursion below the earth’s surface.
- More attractions are available at an additional charge.
- Discounted fares are only valid with a Swiss Travel Pass, Swiss Half Fare Card and Eurail Passes that include Switzerland, please refer to the type of pass you have when selecting your tickets.
- All child rates are valid for children ages 6 -15.
- Children under 6 are free.
- Children traveling with a Swiss Family Card are free when they travel with a parent or guardian that is traveling with a Swiss Travel Pass. Where noted below, please indicate the number of children that are NOT covered by the Swiss Family Card. Note: these children will be required to purchase a ticket.
- Tickets and the Swiss Transfer ticket are not valid for rail pass discounts.
- Exchange voucher for actual ticket within 6 months of date of issue with cashier at the valley cable car station in Engelberg.
- Train tickets are valid for six months from the date of purchase.
- The cable-cars between Engelberg and Mt. Titlis will not operate from Nov 6-17, 2017 due to annual maintenance work.
- Prices are subject to change.
You may also be interested in
Common Questions, Simple Answers
Q. Can I purchase a rail pass when I'm in Europe?
A. In general, rail passes can only be purchased prior to your arrival in Europe and cannot be purchased locally. If you’re already in Europe and would like to purchase a rail pass, we may be able to assist you, please call us at 1-800-622-8600.
With international shipping, we can send your rail pass to Austria, Belgium, Denmark, England, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Scotland, Spain, Sweden, or Switzerland. The fee for orders sent to Europe is $40 USD or $45 CAD and delivery takes 3 to 7 Business days.
Q. Can I use my rail pass on any train within its area of coverage?
A. In general, yes, but there are some exceptions and a few rules to keep in mind.
First, be mindful that some trains (such as high speed, scenic, and night trains) require rail pass holders to purchase reservations at an additional cost.
For international train journeys, be sure that your rail pass covers the country of departure, country of arrival, and any countries through which your train will travel.
Lastly, some private rail lines in certain countries don’t offer reservations for rail pass holders and don’t accept rail passes. In these cases, you can purchase a train ticket locally for the desired journey.
Q. Does taking an overnight train mean using 2 travel days on my rail pass?
A. If you travel on a direct overnight train departing after 7:00pm and arriving after 4:00am, it’s only necessary to enter the date of arrival in the travel calendar, thereby using only one travel day. If you travel on an overnight train that departs after 7:00pm but has a change of trains or arrives before 4:00am, you will be required to enter both the date of departure and arrival in the travel calendar, using two travel days of your rail pass.
Q. Can I print my train ticket at the station?
A. Some, but not all train tickets can be printed at a train station in Europe. Once you’ve selected a particular train ticket and begin checkout, all delivery options will be presented to you. You will then be able to select, if offered, “Print at the Station e-ticket”.
Q. Can I share my rail pass with others (family, friends, or charity)?
A. No. Rail passes are strictly personal and non-transferable. A rail pass is valid only upon presentation of a passport. Therefore the name(s) printed on the rail pass must match the traveller’s identification.
Q. Is dinner and/or breakfast included with my reservation on an overnight train?
A. When you travel on an overnight train meal inclusions vary depending on the train you are on, as well as what type of train ticket you have purchased. With the purchase of a Premier class ticket, you will generally get a meal on board the train. This meal is typically breakfast in the morning. Some trains will bring the meal to you in your compartment, while other trains will serve you breakfast in the restaurant car on board the train.
If you are not traveling in a First Class sleeping compartment, don’t worry, you won’t starve on board! Overnight trains all include a restaurant car, bar car or vending machine services containing hot/cold drinks and snacks. Most restaurant/bar cars are open until at least 1:00am. Additionally, you can purchase food before hopping on board the train and eat as you wish. Though not included with the price of your ticket, you can certainly find something to eat during the ride.
Q. What’s the difference between a seat reservation and a train ticket?
A. A train ticket is a travel document that allows you to board a train for a journey, but does not necessarily guarantee an accommodation (seat/sleeper) assigned to you on board. A reservation guarantees you a specific accommodation on a specific train.
In many cases, train tickets are issued as combined ticket and reservation: you receive one travel document that indicates the specific train and seat assignment. This is the case for most high speed trains such as Eurostar, Thalys and TGV, as well as for night trains.
In some other cases, you may receive a train ticket and a separate travel document for your reservation.
By itself, a reservation can never be used to board a train. It must be used in conjunction with an open train ticket, as we’ve just described, or with a rail pass.
Q. Will I be sharing my sleeping compartment with strangers?
A. If you book a reservation for a bed in a compartment that can accommodate more people than are in your traveling party, yes, additional people may be in the compartment. It’s also important to note that couchette accommodations are usually not gender specific.
Q. Can I choose whether my tickets or rail passes are delivered as paper documents or electronically?
A. All available delivery options for how your train tickets, rail passes, and/or reservations can be issued will be presented to you during checkout.
Q. How do I change my login or password?
A. If you want or need to change your login information for your Rail Europe account, log in with your current login information. Once logged in, please visit your dashboard where you will be able to edit your profile information.