At 10,000 feet, Mount Titlis, is Central Switzerland’s loftiest peak exuding a snow and ice spectacular that’s visually stunning. And, this journey in Switzerland is even more camera-compulsory because you’ll be riding in the revolving Rotair, an aerial cable car that delivers awesome 360-degree panoramic views of the snow-covered valleys, glaciers, lakes, forests, and mountains in Switzerland. And when you’re finally ready to put the lens aside, why not take full advantage of this snow paradise ? Tackle the slopes (many open year-round) with some skiing or snowboarding. Or try snow tubing down a 500-ft. slide called the Fun Lift. Then walk across the Titlis Cliff Walk, this spectacular suspension bridge sits over 1,600 feet off the ground. Feeling adventurous ? Go kayaking on the gorgeous mountain lake, Trubsee or visit the Glacier Grotto, a 130-mile roundtrip excursion below the earth’s surface. Want to be a little more grounded ? Then hop on a Trotti-Bike (a scooter that’s not just for kids) and take a ride from Gerschnialp to Engelberg.
Experience the beauty of Titlis on the world’s first revolving cable car
- Round trip travel from Engelberg to Mount Titlis by 2 cable cars
- Take a walk on the highest suspension bridge in Europe
- Issued as an exchange voucher
- The only accessible glacier all year round in central Switzerland
- Children under 6 travel free sharing adult passenger’s seat
- Discount offered with Swiss Travel Pass
- Entrance into the Glacier Cave, a roundtrip excursion below the earth’s surface
- A ride on the Ice Flyer, a chairlift that spans the glacier crevasses of Mount Titlis
- Enjoy snow tubing and sledding down a 150-meter snowy field At the Titlis Glacier Park
- Round-trip cable-car travel provided from Engelberg to Mount Titlis.
- Includes access to the Titlis Cliff Walk, the highest suspension bridge in Europe.
- Includes a ride on the Ice Flyer, a chairlift that spans the glacier crevasses of Mount Titlis.
- Entrance provided into the Glacier Grotto, a roundtrip excursion below the earth’s surface.
- More attractions are available at an additional charge.
- Discounted fares are only valid with a Swiss Travel Pass, Swiss Half Fare Card and Eurail Passes that include Switzerland, please refer to the type of pass you have when selecting your tickets.
- All child rates are valid for children ages 6 -15.
- Children under 6 are free.
- Children traveling with a Swiss Family Card are free when they travel with a parent or guardian that is traveling with a Swiss Travel Pass. Where noted below, please indicate the number of children that are NOT covered by the Swiss Family Card. Note : these children will be required to purchase a ticket.
- Tickets and the Swiss Transfer ticket are not valid for rail pass discounts.
- Exchange voucher for actual ticket within 6 months of date of issue with cashier at the valley cable car station in Engelberg.
- Train tickets are valid for six months from the date of purchase.
- The cable-cars between Engelberg and Mt. Titlis will not operate from Nov 6-17, 2017 due to annual maintenance work.
- Prices are subject to change.
From our travel community
You may also be interested in
Common Questions, Simple Answers
Q. Are there ATMs on board ?
A. While there are ATMs located in most major European train stations, there are none on the trains themselves.
Q. Why are e tickets not available for certain trips ?
A. Availability of e-tickets depends on two factors : whether the rail company operating the train offers e-ticketing, and if it does, whether Rail Europe was granted technical access to their inventory to enable e-ticketing on their behalf.
Not all European rail companies offer e-tickets. But when they do, we work with them to make this option available on our website. And we’ll continue to do so in order provide more e-ticket options for your convenience.
Q. What is the difference between a flexi pass and a consecutive/continuous pass ?
A. A flexi pass is valid for a specific number of travel days to be used within the overall validity period of that rail pass. For example, 15 days of unlimited train travel to be used within a 2-month period. With this kind of rail pass, you can pick and choose any days (they don’t have to be consecutive) to travel within the rail pass’ validity period.
Continuous (or consecutive) rail passes such as the Eurail Global Pass, are valid for unlimited train travel during the whole duration of the pass’ validity period. In other words, with a 15-day Eurail Global Pass, you can travel for 15 consecutive days by train. Even if you don’t take the train each and every day, those days will be considered used
Q. How can I contact Rail Europe prior to my departure to Europe ?
A. Please send us a message from our Contact Us page and we will respond to you via email within 24 to 48 hours.
Q. I’m leaving for Europe within 3 days and need to buy train tickets or rail passes. What are my options ?
A. Some European train operators now offer electronic ticketing. If the train you’re interested in offers this, you can buy a train ticket up until its day of travel and retrieve it locally at the station using your unique e-ticket confirmation code or by printing it at home before you leave.
Currently, e-tickets are only offered on Eurostar, Thalys, Renfe, Talgo, Italo & Trenitalia along with select German, French (including international TGVs), and British trains. This type of ticketing will be available on other routes in the near future. At this time, the only rail passes available as e-passes are the Renfe Spain Pass and Swiss Travel Pass.
All other trains, certain activity vouchers, and rail passes must be issued as a paper document and mailed to you prior to your departure. If you’re leaving within three days, you should contact us via our Contact Us page and we’ll be able to advise whether there’s enough time for you to get your train ticket or rail pass prior to your leaving for Europe.
Q. Do I need to book a rail pass for everyone in my traveling party, including children and infants ?
A. You will need to book a rail pass for each adult and child. In the case of a saver pass, it’s one rail pass with each traveller’s name listed on the pass. Some rail passes offer free child discounts, the children need to be added to the rail pass at the time of booking, there will be no charge incurred for them, however. While a child under 4 years of age and sharing a seat with an adult does not need to book a rail pass. If the child will occupy his/her own seat, a rail pass must be purchased for them, as well as a reservation when needed.
Q. If there’s been a strike, how do I request reimbursement through the Rail Protection Plan™ ?
A. Only some train tickets are eligible for reimbursement due to strikes. Please send your tickets back to our Rail Europe office at the address included in the Rail Protection Plan™ documentation that accompanied your train tickets or rail pass, and include the traveller’s Request Form.
A European railway official at the station must have stamped the train ticket indicating it was not used due to a rail strike. Requests for refunds of printed e-tickets in relation to a rail strikes must follow the procedure mentioned above. If the e-ticket has not been printed, requests for reimbursement can be e-mailed to email@example.com, prior to the train departure date.
Notice of any refund request in relation to a strike must be given within thirty 30 days of your return from Europe. Rail passes are generally not eligible for a refund in cases of a strike under the Rail Protection Plan™.
Q. Are lockers and luggage storage services available at the train station ?
A. Most major train stations have a left luggage facility offering either self-serve luggage lockers or staffed luggage facilities.
Keep in mind that there is a fee to store your luggage at a train station. Typically, stations will charge a flat rate to rent a luggage locker that you’re free to fill. For staffed luggage facilities, you may incur a “per bag” fee. In either case, the fee is usually under 10 Euros. If you do leave your bags, be sure to keep some money in your pockets for the luggage lockers.
Q. The promo code I have expired. What can I do ?
A. We’re sorry, but once a promo code has expired, it’s unusable. You will need to proceed without the promo code to complete your booking.
Q. How can I book an itinerary with multiple cities ?
A. Our website makes booking multi-city journeys very easy !
Simply enter the cities you plan to depart from, arrive to, and your travel dates. Our system will then search the database to provide the best matching schedules.