The Mount Stanserhorn excursion is one of those amazing adventures that have everything : the old, the new and the timeless. Let’s start at the beginning of your journey and take a trip you’ll take through time on a vintage 1893 funicular train to the middle station of Kalti. There’s nothing like a classic Swiss experience to ground you as you climb alpine tracks before transferring to the world’s first double-decker open-air CabriO cable car. This modern marvel with 360° views provides seven minutes of unforgettable panoramic splendor. You then arrive at the top of Mount Stanserhorn where you’re greeted by breathtaking beauty. Not to mention views of three countries, ten swiss lakes, and over 62 miles of Alpine mountain range of 6,000 feet above sea level.
- Enjoy round trip travel from Stans to the Stanserhorn summit by tram.
- Children under 4 travel for free.
Stanserhorn. At 6,000 feet, the height of excursions
Round trip travel from Stans to the Stanserhorn summit by nostalgic tram and the world’s first double decker open-air CabriO cable car.
- Mount Stanserhorn operates from April 8 - November 12, 2017.
- Closed for maintenance November 13, 2016 - April 7, 2017.
- Discounted fares are only valid with a Swiss Travel Pass, Swiss Half Fare Card and Eurail Passes that include Switzerland please refer to the type of rail pass you have when selecting your tickets.
- All child rates are valid for children ages 6 -15.
- Children under 6 are free.
- Children traveling with a Swiss Family Card are free when they travel with a parent or guardian that is traveling with a Swiss Pass. Where noted below, please indicate the number of children that are NOT covered by the Swiss Family Card. Note : these children will be required to purchase a ticket.
- Train Tickets, Swiss Transfer Tickets are not valid for rail pass discounts.
- Tickets are valid for six months from the date of purchase.
- Prices are subject to change.
From our travel community
You may also be interested in
Common Questions, Simple Answers
Q. What do I get with a Swiss Pass ?
A. The Swiss Card offers 1 round trip from any Swiss airport to a single destination of your choice by train. Swiss Cards also offer a 50% discount on the Swiss railway network, lake steamers, buses and for mountain excursions.
Q. Do I need to buy tickets for Eurostar, Thalys or any other high speed trains before my travel date ?
A. Yes. You should buy before your travel date to avoid fully booked trains. Buying in advance will guarantee you a seat onboard. Furthermore, you will benefit from the best price and discounts when you buy your train ticket in advance.
Q. How much cost a Rail Pass or Rail Ticket for children ?
A. A Rail Pass or a Rail Ticket usually costs half of that of an adult. Please note that some passes do not have child fares. Child tickets are available on most trains though they can vary.
- In Switzerland, children under 16 years old can have free travel if accompanied by an adult with a Swiss Pass.
- In Britain, children aged 5 to 15, can have free travel when accompanied by a paying adult.
Q. What is the luggage limitation and storage facilities offered when travelling by train ?
A. The baggage allowance is 2 large items and 1 carry-on per person. Trains have overhead racks on both sides of the carriage, storage areas as the end of the carriage, and there is storage room behind the back of your seats. Travelers are responsible for carrying the storing their own luggage.
Q. How do I retrieve my TGV Lyria tickets ?
A. Tickets for TGV Lyria can be booked online on our website. You can choose to print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel using the Print @ home option, or go to a self-service ticket machine and enter your reference to retrieve your ticket at a train station in France with the Print @ Station option.
Q. What is the main difference between First class and Second class on the Eurostar between London and Paris or Brussels ?
A. Eurostar offers two types of First class (Business Premier and Standard Premier) and one type of Second class (Standard class).
- Eurostar Business Premier includes priority express check-in at a dedicated ticket desk, access to the Eurostar Executive lounges, comfortable reclining seats, spacious legroom, Wi-Fi Internet access at the terminals, a dedicated coach for business travellers, newspapers and a 3-course meal with refreshments served at your seat.
- Eurostar Standard Premier includes comfortable reclining seats, spacious legroom, newspapers and a 3-course meal with refreshments served at your seat.
- Eurostar Standard class includes spacious legroom and food and beverages available at the bar-buffet car.
Q. Do all main train stations have lockers and luggage storage facilities ?
A Yes. Major train stations have lockers and luggage storage facilities. The services are available at an additional cost, so make sure that you have some change on you if you are planning to use them.
Q. What is a Friends and Families Saver Pass ?
A. A Friends and Families Pass is available for a group of 2 to 5 travellers at a discounted rate. The group must travel together all the times. The names of every participant will be printed on a unique pass. Therefore travellers won’t be able to travel separately.
Q. Can I choose to travel in a country that is not on my pass and add it on the pass ?
A. No. Your pass only covers the countries that you have selected prior to your purchase. If you want to travel trough a country that is not on the pass, you will have to purchase an extra ticket.
Please refer to our online maps to see if you will be travelling through a country you have not planned for.
Q. What does this means : 4 days in a 2 month-period ?
A. It means that you have the flexibity to use 4 days of train travel in a 2 month period. The days can be consecutive (continuous days) or non-consecutive. It depends on the type of Rail Pass that you have selected.