No matter how much you’ve seen of the Alps, if you haven’t taken the Gornergrat, you haven’t seen it all. This spectacular roundtrip excursion on the Gornergratbahn mountain rack railway from Zermatt will lead you to Gornergrat Railway Station on Gornergrat and a viewing platform over 10,285 feet up. You’ll see stunning views of 29 peaks, some rising over 13,000 feet. In operation since 1898, this 33-minute trip on Europe’s highest open-air cog railway is unparalleled for its breathtaking vistas and dramatic views of the Matterhorn. Scenic doesn’t begin to describe it as you’re surrounded by pristine, snow-capped panoramas. Getting goosebumps ? Probably due to both the awe-inspiring beauty as much as the crisp air. In fact, this fantastic location looks and feels so close to heaven, astronomers have often used it to study the stars. Gornergrat : even in a place surrounded by peaks, it’s where spectacular reaches new heights.
- Impressive views of the Matterhorn await you.
- Note that a Low, Mid and High season pricing applies. Click on the terms & conditions link below to check the applicable dates.
- Children under 4 travel for free.
Gornergrat : Spectacular reaches new heights.
- Round-trip travel on the Gornergratbahn mountain cog railway from Zermatt to the Gornergrat train station on Gornergrat.
- Access to the viewing platform, offering panoramic view of 29 mountain peaks.
- Exchange voucher for actual ticket within 6 months of issue with the cashier at the Zermatt Gornergrat Bahn (GGB) station in Zermatt.
- Discounted fares are only valid with a Swiss Travel Pass or Swiss Half Fare Card please refer to type of pass you have when selecting your tickets.
- Swiss Travel Pass and Swiss Half Fare Card holders must present valid pass/card at time of exchange.
- Tickets are valid for six months from the date of purchase.
- Discounted fare for children 6 - 15
- Children traveling with a Swiss Family Card are free when they travel with a parent or guardian that is traveling with a Swiss Travel Pass. Where noted below, please indicate the number of children that are NOT covered by the Swiss Family Card. Note : these children will be required to purchase a ticket.
- Prices are subject to change.
From our travel community
You may also be interested in
Common Questions, Simple Answers
Q. How do I obtain Eurostar tickets ?
A. Tickets for Eurostar trains can be easily purchased online on our website. Choose the ‘Print @ home’ ticketing method for more convenience and no booking fees. You can also choose to buy online and retrieve your tickets from self-service tickets terminal at London St Pancras, Brussels Midi or Paris Nord railway station, before departure.
Q. How do I request an exchange through the Rail Protection Plan™ ?
A. You can use one of the many self service terminals at the train station in France or the UK or the USA, depending on the product that you have chosen.
Q. What are the classes of service which are offered on the Eurostar train ?
A. Three classes of service are offered on board the Eurostar : Business Premier, Standard Premier and Standard Class. Business Premier with Eurostar offers the following facilities : rapid check-in before departure (10 minutes), dedicated desk for check-in, access to Eurostar Executive lounge, spacious legroom, Wi-Fi Internet access, reserved coach for business passengers, newspapers and a 3-course meal which is served at your seat. As for the Eurostar Standard Premier, it comes with a 30-minute check-in, comfortable reclining seats with spacious legroom, newspapers and a cold meal served at your seat. Travelers opting for Standard Class are less expensive, however they are less spacious as there are more seats per car. Drinks and meals are available for purchase on the buffet car.
Q. How to make a booking for a single passenger ?
A. Enter 1 passenger in the request page. The displayed results will show rooms for 1-3 passengers. When you book a room with more than one bed, the room will be shared with other passengers.
Q. How do I obtain Lyria tickets ?
A. Tickets for TGV can be bought online on our website. You can choose to have your tickets delivered in your inbox through the “Print @ home” ticketing solution or you can choose to retrieve your rail ticket from self-service ticketing machines found at the train stations in France.
Q. What is a Rail Pass month and how does it work ?
A. A Rail Pass month is based on a calendar month. If a Rail Pass validity begins on the 15th of a month, then its expiry date will be the 14th of the following month at midnight.
Q. How do I know if I need a reservation ?
A. The following trains need a reservation : Eurostar, Thalys, Lyria, all TGV’s, AVE, TGV France-Italy, Renfe, Trenitalia, Riveria, Swedish trains, City Night Line, DB (German) night trains, Elipsos, and the Paris-Germany night train. The Swiss Scenic trains and some of the German ICE trains will also need reservations depending on routes and time of travel. To verify, look at the details on the fare results. You will if the reservation is included or not.
Q. What is the main difference between First class and Second class on the Talgo 200 ?
A. The Talgo 200 First class includes comfortable reclining seats, video and audio programs and food and beverages served at your seat by a friendly staff.
The Talgo 200 Second class includes spacious legroom, video and audio programs and food and beverages available at the bar-buffet car.
Q. What are the restaurant facilities onboard trains ?
A. Most trains have a bar-buffet service. Meals and beverages can also be served at your seat. Some trains have a trolley service. Some night trains and scenic trains have a dining car, where you can sit down and have a pleasant meal. Dining cars are very much part of a unique train experience. Some trains offer a high quality of food and wine which matches that of a gourmet restaurant.
Q. Where and how to find Train Tickets and Schedules on TrainTicket.com website ?
A. Train Tickets and Schedules can be obtained by following the steps below :
- Click on the "Start searching train tickets" section at the top the homepage of the website.
- Fill in your departure and arrival city as well as your preferred travel date.
- You can choose your approximate travel time (morning, afternnon or evening).
- You can select a "Round Trip” to obtain a return ticket.
- Click on the "Search" button to obtain a selection of proposals.
- You can choose a ticket by the schedule, price and category that best suit you.
- Fares depend on categories. You can read about the details (refund and exchange) by clicking on the link under each fare type.
- Select your ticket.
- You will be redirected to the passenger selection page to complete your registration and to checkout.