You leave from Interlaken, Grindelwald or Wengen, in Switzerland, and start by taking a unique, moderncogwheel railway to Kleine Scheidegg, 6762 feet up. From there, the Jungfrau railway climbs to the Eiger Glacier station, well known for its mountain restaurant and polar dog kennels. Then continue through the Eiger tunnel, only stopping to enjoy spectacular vistas on the way to the highest railway station in Europe. The Jungfraujoch, over 11,000 feet up, and called the Top of Europe. Switzerland’s most breathtaking scenery awaits. View a 13.6 mile ice stream, an Ice Palace, and views that will melt your heart. What do you call this once in a lifetime railway experience in Switzerland ? The Jungfraujoch-Top of Europe from Rail Europe, just part of their offerings for Switzerland. But then, it only makes sense. Rail Europe always leaves you feeling on top of the world, no matter where you are.
Jungfraujoch Top of Europe
Experience the beauty of the Jungfraujoch at Europe’s highest railway station
- Round trip travel to Jungfraujoch – Top of Europe from Interlaken, Grindelwald or Wengen
- Attractions at the top include the Great Aletsch Glacier, Ice Palace, Ice Gateway, Sphinx observation terrace, Plateau with hiking in the eternal snow, "Top of Europe" Glacier Restaurant, and more
- First travel to Kleine Scheidegg, at the foot of the notorious Eiger North Wall. Continue on the Jungfrau Railway to the Eiger Glacier Station, well known for its mountain restaurant
- Adventure follows through the Eiger tunnel to the Eigerwand and Eismeer stations
- Issued as a paper document
- Children under 6 travel free sharing adult passenger’s seat
- Discount offered with Swiss Travel Pass
Here’s what’s included :
- Round trip travel to the Jungfraujoch - Top of Europe from Interlaken, Grindelwald or Wengen.
- Scenic trip to Eiger Glacier Station and through the Eiger tunnel to the Eigerwand and Eismeer stations.
- Sightseeing at the Great Aletsch Glacier, Ice Palace, Ice Gateway, Sphinx observation terrace, high alpine research exhibitions and more.
- Discounted rates are only valid with a rail pass that includes Switzerland, please refer to the type of rail pass you have when selecting your tickets.
- All child rates are valid for children ages 6 -15.
- Children under 6 are free.
- Children traveling with a Swiss Family Card are free when they travel with a parent or guardian that is traveling with a Swiss Travel Pass. Where noted below, please indicate the number of children that are NOT covered by the Swiss Family Card. Note : these children will be required to purchase a ticket.
- Train tickets and Swiss Transfer tickets are not valid for rail pass discounts.
- Tickets are valid for six months from the date of purchase.
- Prices are subject to change.
- Seat Reservations between Kleine Scheidegg – Jungfraujoch are recommended for travel between (May and October) and are an additional fee. Reservations can be made at the following Jungfraujoch Rail Stations : Interlaken Ost, Lauterbrunnen, Grindelwald, Grindelwald-Grund, Murren and Wengen.
From our travel community
You may also be interested in
Common Questions, Simple Answers
Q. My promo code is not working. What should I do ?
A. If for any reason you experience an issue with your promo code, please verify that all criteria are met for the code to be valid (dates, booking minimum, products, etc.). If all of this seems correct, make sure you’re using the correct code. If you received your code in an email, sometimes it’s best to copy and paste the code to avoid typographical errors.
If you continue to have trouble, get in touch with us using our Contact Us page.
Q. Will the conductor take my passport ?
A. Conductors will not take your passport during day trips. If your passport does need to be checked, the local border control staff will simply walk through each train car checking each passengers travel documents and hand them back to you.
With overnight trips you’ll generally provide the train attendant with your reservation voucher, rail pass or train ticket, and passport as you board. That way, they can take care of everything with conductors and customs officials so you can sleep uninterrupted through the night.
Q. Can I board the train if I forgot my rail pass but have my seat reservation ?
A. While you can board the train, the conductor will make you purchase a full fare ticket on-board, and you may be fined. It’s best to keep your rail pass in a safe place with all of your travel documents to avoid this situation !
Q. I understand that some of the train platforms in the Netherlands, Belgium, and Italy now have gates. How do I get to my train ?
A. Many train stations in the Netherlands and the Brussels Airport Station in Belgium now have platforms with entry/exit gates. To enter or exit from the train’s platform, you will need to pass through these gates that are controlled with a bar code reader.
Most paper tickets and e-tickets and all Eurail Pass covers have a square barcode which can be scanned at the entry/exit point of the platform. Just hold the bar code on your travel document to the scanner on the illuminated area on the gate and pass through the gate.
Some of the high traffic train stations in Italy, such as Milan Centrale, Roma Termini and Firenze Santa Maria Novella stations now have entry/exit gates. Access through these gates are exclusively reserved for traveller’s holding a ticket. It is suggested that you have your paper or electronic tickets ready to present upon arriving at these security gates.
Q. Can I print my rail pass at the station ?
A. At this time, most rail passes are printed as a paper document and must be shipped to you prior to your departure to Europe. If a rail pass is offered as an e-pass this option will be offered at the time of booking. For rail passes offered as e-passes, you will need to print it out on paper prior to arriving at the train station..
Q. I placed a booking on your website but received a message saying my booking needs to be reviewed by a Travel Consultant. Why ?
A. Sometimes, certain products within your booking are not available for confirmation at the time of booking and one of our Travel Consultants needs to manually confirm your booking. Once confirmed, we will contact you to advise it has been finalized and issued.
Q. Can I bring my pet on board ?
A. Generally, cats and dogs are allowed on trains, though they may need to be contained in a pet carrier or wear a muzzle or leash. Pets are not allowed on some trains in Great Britain, Spain, Ireland, Norway, and Finland. Currently the only animals that are permitted to travel on Eurostar are guide dogs for the visually impaired.
Some trains require advance reservations for pets. Unfortunately, Rail Europe cannot make reservations for your pet. This will need to be done locally. In general, dogs normally travel at half the fare of a second class ticket, payable directly to the conductor.
Q. What if I have a group of 10 or more purchasing rail passes ?
A. Please contact our Groups Department who can arrange customized travel solutions perfect for your travellers.
Q. Who should I contact with a question about a special offer ?
A. Questions about special offers may be submitted to us by filling in our Contact Form on this website. We will respond within 24-48 hours.
Q. How do I use a promo code ?
A. Simply enter your valid promo code on the page where you enter your delivery information for your booking during checkout.