You leave from Interlaken, Grindelwald or Wengen, in Switzerland, and start by taking a unique, moderncogwheel railway to Kleine Scheidegg, 6762 feet up. From there, the Jungfrau railway climbs to the Eiger Glacier station, well known for its mountain restaurant and polar dog kennels. Then continue through the Eiger tunnel, only stopping to enjoy spectacular vistas on the way to the highest railway station in Europe. The Jungfraujoch, over 11,000 feet up, and called the Top of Europe. Switzerland’s most breathtaking scenery awaits. View a 13.6 mile ice stream, an Ice Palace, and views that will melt your heart. What do you call this once in a lifetime railway experience in Switzerland ? The Jungfraujoch-Top of Europe from Rail Europe, just part of their offerings for Switzerland. But then, it only makes sense. Rail Europe always leaves you feeling on top of the world, no matter where you are.
Jungfraujoch Top of Europe
Experience the beauty of the Jungfraujoch at Europe’s highest railway station
- Round trip travel to Jungfraujoch – Top of Europe from Interlaken, Grindelwald or Wengen
- Attractions at the top include the Great Aletsch Glacier, Ice Palace, Ice Gateway, Sphinx observation terrace, Plateau with hiking in the eternal snow, "Top of Europe" Glacier Restaurant, and more
- First travel to Kleine Scheidegg, at the foot of the notorious Eiger North Wall. Continue on the Jungfrau Railway to the Eiger Glacier Station, well known for its mountain restaurant
- Adventure follows through the Eiger tunnel to the Eigerwand and Eismeer stations
- Issued as a paper document
- Children under 6 travel free sharing adult passenger’s seat
- Discount offered with Swiss Travel Pass
Here’s what’s included :
- Round trip travel to the Jungfraujoch - Top of Europe from Interlaken, Grindelwald or Wengen.
- Scenic trip to Eiger Glacier Station and through the Eiger tunnel to the Eigerwand and Eismeer stations.
- Sightseeing at the Great Aletsch Glacier, Ice Palace, Ice Gateway, Sphinx observation terrace, high alpine research exhibitions and more.
- Discounted rates are only valid with a rail pass that includes Switzerland, please refer to the type of rail pass you have when selecting your tickets.
- All child rates are valid for children ages 6 -15.
- Children under 6 are free.
- Children traveling with a Swiss Family Card are free when they travel with a parent or guardian that is traveling with a Swiss Travel Pass. Where noted below, please indicate the number of children that are NOT covered by the Swiss Family Card. Note : these children will be required to purchase a ticket.
- Train tickets and Swiss Transfer tickets are not valid for rail pass discounts.
- Tickets are valid for six months from the date of purchase.
- Prices are subject to change.
- Seat Reservations between Kleine Scheidegg – Jungfraujoch are recommended for travel between (May and October) and are an additional fee. Reservations can be made at the following Jungfraujoch Rail Stations : Interlaken Ost, Lauterbrunnen, Grindelwald, Grindelwald-Grund, Murren and Wengen.
From our travel community
You may also be interested in
Common Questions, Simple Answers
Q. How can I check to see if food is served on a particular train ?
A. When you search for a train schedule, the results page will give you the opportunity to click and view the onboard services for each class of service offered.
Q. Why should I purchase my train tickets before I leave for Europe instead of while there ?
A. While you can purchase train tickets locally, it has been our experience that the earlier you book the more likely you are to get the best fares. The longer you wait, the more likely the cheaper fares will be sold out. By booking early, you can avoid a higher ticket price.
Buying in advance also can save you a lot of time. You won’t have to wait in line at the train station. And considering how precious your vacation time is, why not spend it relaxing instead of worrying about your next train ticket ?
Q. Are all products eligible for Rail Protection Plan™ coverage ?
A. Rail passes, train tickets, reservations, and select city passes and tours are eligible for Rail Protection Plan™ coverage.
All other categories of products including hotels and select activities are not eligible for coverage at this time. Please read the detailed Rail Protection Plan™ policy for more information.
Q. Will I be sharing my sleeping compartment with strangers ?
A. If you book a reservation for a bed in a compartment that can accommodate more people than are in your traveling party, yes, additional people may be in the compartment. It’s also important to note that couchette accommodations are usually not gender specific.
Q. What should accompany the train ticket or rail pass I'm sending back for a refund ?
A. When you submit your train ticket or rail pass to our customer relations department for a refund, be sure to include a brief letter along with any other supporting documentation, such as letters from local train operators, replacement tickets (if any), etc.
If you are making a claim through our Rail Protection Plan™, please download and fill out the Rail Protection Plan traveller’s Request Form and send, along with the appropriate documents.
We recommend that you send all documents by traceable mail for proof of delivery.
Q. I’ve already booked my rail pass, but think I’d like a different one. Can I exchange it ? It’s totally unused.
A. Unused and unvalidated rail passes can be exchanged for an alternate rail pass of equal or greater value. A 7% administration fee, any price difference, and additional shipping fees would apply. Some promotional rail passes are non-exchangeable ; please read the terms and conditions for these passes for more details.
Please send us a message through the Contact Us page to begin the exchange process. To exchange a rail pass, we must receive your original unused and unvalidated rail pass no later than 3 days prior to your departure to Europe, issue a new rail pass, and ship it to you.
If you bought the Rail Protection Plan™ when you placed your rail pass order, you are eligible to receive the full value of your original pass as a credit and use it towards any future Rail Europe purchase within 2 years, with no fee or penalty incurred.
Q. How fast can I receive my travel documents ?
A. After your booking has been invoiced, you should receive your tickets and/or rail passes within 2-7 business days. In some locations, express overnight delivery may be available for an additional cost.
If you booked e-tickets, you should receive an email and ticket instructions shortly after your booking is confirmed.
Q. What is the benefit of buying passes through the group department versus the web ?
A. While group rates on passes match our web prices, booking with the group department will also provide your group with one pass at 75% off for every 15 people paying. And we’ll help ensure you’re buying the best rail pass for your group, as well as confirm any reservations with your group seated together (if required and/or wanted). An even better deal ? You’ll still receive all the applicable pass benefits as shown on our site ; discounted rates for Youth and Seniors, and Saver rail pass rates for parties of 2 or more traveling together.
Q. My promo code is not working. What should I do ?
A. If for any reason you experience an issue with your promo code, please verify that all criteria are met for the code to be valid (dates, booking minimum, products, etc.). If all of this seems correct, make sure you’re using the correct code. If you received your code in an email, sometimes it’s best to copy and paste the code to avoid typographical errors.
If you continue to have trouble, get in touch with us using our Contact Us page.
Q. How can I book an itinerary with multiple cities ?
A. Our website makes booking multi-city journeys very easy !
Simply enter the cities you plan to depart from, arrive to, and your travel dates. Our system will then search the database to provide the best matching schedules.