To celebrate over 100 years of the Jungfrau Railway’s engineering prowess and breathtaking views, we’re proud to offer the Jungfrau Travel Pass - Top of Europe. It gives you a choice of 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 or 8 consecutive days of travel on the entire Jungfrau Railway. Plus enjoy a journey to the Jungfraujoch, Europe’s highest-altitude railway station, which is 11,332 feet above sea level. Everywhere you’ll look, you’ll be surrounded by majestic views. It’s a great time to visit. Because while the railway may be celebrating 100 years, the scenery has been preparing for your arrival for a few millenniums.
Jungfrau Travel Pass - Top of Europe
- Note that a Low, Mid and High season pricing applies. Click on the terms & conditions link below to check the applicable dates.
A timeless memory : Jungfrau Travel Pass - Top of Europe
Here’s what’s included :
- A choice of a voucher valid for 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 or 8 consecutive days of travel.
- Free travel on the Jungfrau Railways network which includes travel between Interlaken Ost – Lauterbrunnen, Grindelwald - Kleine Scheidegg or Lauterbrunnen.
- Excursion from Eigergletscher to the Jungfraujoch Top of Europe.
- Rail Europe voucher is exchanged for your Jungfrau Travel Pass - Top of Europe.
- Discounted rates are only available with a Swiss Half Fare Card.
- Children under 6 are free.
- Children traveling with a Swiss Family Card are free when they travel with a parent or guardian that is traveling with a Swiss Travel Pass. Where noted below, please indicate the number of children that are NOT covered by the Swiss Family Card. Note : these children will be required to purchase a ticket.
- The excursion from Eigergletscher to the Jungfraujoch – Top of Europe may only be used once only in conjunction with your Jungfrau Travel pass and the Rail Europe voucher must be exchanged at the same time as your Jungfrau Travel Pass voucher. Seat reservations recommended for travel between May - October and can be made at any Jungfraujoch Station.
- The Jungfrau Travel Pass - Top of Europe is valid for travel from May 5th to October 21st, 2018.
- Tickets and the Swiss Transfer ticket are not valid for rail pass discounts.
- Vouchers are valid for six months from the date of purchase.
- Prices are subject to change
From our travel community
You may also be interested in
Common Questions, Simple Answers
Q. Is there a check-in before the departure of a Lyria train ?
A. No. There is no check-in before departure. However rail officials will control your ticket during the journey. Make sure you have all your valid travel documents with you while on board a TGV Lyria.
Q. How to make a booking for a single passenger ?
A. Enter 1 passenger in the request page. The displayed results will show rooms for 1-3 passengers. When you book a room with more than one bed, the room will be shared with other passengers.
Q. Where do I my send train tickets and/or rail passes for refund ?
A. We recommend that any documents being returned for refund be sent via traceable mail for proof of delivery.
Please visit our Cancellation and Refunds page for information regarding refunds. If you need further assistance we invite you to send us a message using our Contact Us page.
Q. Are Family Passes available ?
- Yes. Some passes offer discount for families.
- Swiss Passes offer a Swiss family card which offers free travel for children (aged from 6 to 15 years old) when they are travelling with a parent.
- In Great Britain, the BritRail Pass which offers free travel for children (aged 5 to 15 years old) when they are travelling with a full fare adult or a Senior Pass holder. The Great Britain Heritage Family Pass is also available for 2 adults who are travelling with up to 3 children.
- Families can benefit from saver options which are offered by many passes. Children aged 4 to 11 travel at half of the adult fare when they are on the Family Pass.
Q. What are the differences between First class and Second class ?
A. - First class has fewer seats thus allowing more legroom and space. Seats are usually larger and can recline. Other services are available for free. For better comfort on long journeys, First class is preferred.
- Second class has more seats, with less legroom but they are usually 50% cheaper.
Q. How to make a booking for four passengers who want to share a room ?
A. You can choose a T4. If none is available you can choose 2 double compartments.
Q. Must I book a reservation for the TGV Lyria train ?
A. Yes. A reservation is required to board a high speed TGV Lyria . If you have an Eurail Pass which includes France or Switzerland, then you are entitled to a Pass Holder fare which usually includes a discount. Those who have a Swiss Pass or a France Rail Pass can also have a Pass Holder fare.
Q. What is the baggage limitation when travelling on board TGV trains ?
A. A single passenger can carry suitcases and travel bags. Size doesn’t matter, but for your comfort and safetly, avoid oversized bags on board TGV. Skis, prams or rucksacks must be stored in racks. It is mandatory to tag each of your baggage with your indentifiations.
Q. How do I create a Rail Europe account ?
A. You can simply click the ’Login’ button found on the top right-hand side of our homepage and select ’create an account’ to register on our site. If you are booking with us, you will also be presented with the option to register during checkout.
Q. Do you ship to PO and APO boxes ?
A.}] At this time, we are unable to ship to P.O. or A.P.O. boxes.