If you’re going to Interlaken, you’re 10 minutes and 4,300 feet away from the views of Harder Kulm. Take a funicular railway to incredible panoramas of the Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau mountains, as well as the “Two Lakes Bridge” viewing platform showcasing Lake Thun and Lake Brienz. This trip into the Bernese Alps overlooking Interlaken is a perfect excursion for both hikers and photography buffs, offering once-in-a-lifetime sights along the way and never-ending views from the castle-inspired and terraced Panorama Restaurant. Those with a Swiss Travel Pass, Swiss Travel Pass Flex (on validated travel days), or holders of other Swiss Travel System tickets will receive a 50% discount. An added bonus ? Children 6-16 years of age accompanied by at least one parent travel free of charge with the complimentary Swiss Family Card. Harder Kulm. It’s never been easier to have your breath taken away.
Summer heats up ! Enjoy savings of $100 on bookings of $1,100 or more when you use promo code 15SUMMER19 at checkout. This limited-time offer ends June 25, 2019.
Experience the beauty of Harder Kulm with this great excursion
- Travel by funicular railway up to Harder Kulm in only 10 minutes and then a short scenic stroll to the Harder Kulm
- Two Lakes Bridge viewing platform and panorama restaurant offers beautiful views of Eiger, Mönch, and Jungfrau mountains
- Issued as a paper document
- Hiking and theme trails from the Harder Kulm
- Children under 6 travel free sharing adult passenger’s seat
- Discount offered with Swiss Travel PassLive folk music, every Saturday from May to October from 4pm
- Includes round-trip travel from Interlaken to Harder Kulm by funicular.
- Two Lakes Bridge viewing platform and panorama restaurant with spacious terrace offers a beautiful view of Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau mountains and of Lake Thun and Lake Brienz.
- Hiking and theme trails from the Harder Kulm.
- Live folk music, every Saturday from 28 May to 22 October 2016 from 4pm.
- Discounted fares are valid with a Swiss Travel Pass, Swiss Half Fare Card and Eurail Pass that includes Switzerland, please refer to the type of pass you have when selecting your tickets.
- All child rates are valid for children ages 6 -15.
- Children under 6 are free.
- Children traveling with a Swiss Family Card are free when they travel with a parent or guardian that is traveling with a Swiss Travel Pass. Where noted below, please indicate the number of children that are NOT covered by the Swiss Family Card. Note : these children will be required to purchase a ticket.
- Train tickets and Swiss Transfer tickets are not valid for rail pass discounts.
- Tickets are valid for six months from the date of purchase.
- Operates daily from 14 April.
- Harder funicular railway departs every 30 minutes from approximately 09:10 am to 08:55 pm. Last descent from Harder Kulm 21:40. Restaurant Harder Kulm open daily from 9:30 am to 09:30 pm. Schedules are subject to change.
- Prices are subject to change.
You may also be interested in
Common Questions, Simple Answers
Q. Can I exchange my train ticket after its date of departure ?
A. Unfortunately, this is not possible. If a train ticket can be exchanged, it normally must be done prior to the first date of validity on the ticket or the train’s departure date. However, please consult the “after sales conditions” found on your confirmation email for exact exchange rules pertaining to the train ticket you booked.
Q. I have a question about my promo code. Who should I contact ?
A.Please contact us via our Contact Us page with any questions about promo codes.
Q. If I register on your site, will I start receiving spam ?
A. Rail Europe will never spam you ! Upon registering, you will only receive booking and/or account related messages, as well as occasional promotion information email from Rail Europe. If you chose to subscribe to our newsletter, you can expect to receive this publication as well (typically twice a month). Of course, you have the option to unsubscribe to at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of the newsletter.
Q. What is the 7:00 pm rule ?
A. Overnight train journeys departing after 7:00pm and arriving after 4:00am without any change of train will count as one travel day. The date of arrival should be recorded on your rail pass.
Overnight train journeys departing after 7:00pm that arrive or involve a connection between midnight - 4am count as two travel days on your rail pass.
Q. Can I get a refund for unused days on my rail pass ?
A. No. Partially used rail passes cannot be refunded. Only unused rail passes that have not been activated are eligible for a refund within the allowed time frame.
Q. What credit cards does Rail Europe accept online ?
A. You can use an American Express, Diner’s Club, Discover, MasterCard, or Visa card on our website.
Q. Where can I store my luggage on an overnight train ?
A. Luggage can be stored on a small luggage rack and any floor or bed space available. Keep in mind that this space is shared among all travellers occupying the sleeping compartment or couchette.
Q. Can I sit in Second class if I have a First class rail pass ?
A. Yes you can, provided there is an available seat. If you are traveling on a train that requires reservations, you can reserve your seat in Second class with a First class rail pass (subject to availability). Please note that there will be no refund given for the difference in fare
Q. What does “Activate my rail pass mean and how do I do it ?
A. Activating your rail pass officially begins the clock on its travel period. This is done by having a railway official stamp and date your rail pass. Simply visit the ticket window at the train station before boarding your first train to have your pass activated. Most rail passes must be activated within 11 months of the purchase date. Boarding a train without activating your rail pass you risk being fined by the conductor.
Q. What is the difference between 1st and 2nd class on the Trenitalia (Italy) train ?
A. First class on the Italian day train offers large, comfortable reclining seats, and Bar-buffet car offering a complete selection of food and beverages for purchase. (on major routes)
Second class on the Italian day train offers generous legroom and Bar-buffet car offering a complete selection of food and beverages for purchase. (on major routes)
Frecciarossa high-speed trains offer four levels of service, accommodating all travel budgets. Choose from Executive, Business, Premium, and Standard class.
In Executive class, you’ll indulge in luxury and comfort including lounge access at the station, dedicated car with just 8 luxurious reclining leather seats, convenient meeting area to conduct business, gourmet meal served at your seat, open bar, and more.
Business class also provides an upgraded level of service with plush leather reclining seats, welcome drink & snack, and platform check-in.
In Premium class you’ll experience the services of 1st class in a 2nd class seat, including a welcome drink & snack, sleek leather seating, and more.
Lastly, Economy class is a budget-friendly 2nd class seat, offering a comfortable reclining cloth seat.