When in England, the Bath, Stonehenge and Salisbury full-day tour is a must. It begins with a stop at one of the world’s most famous monuments, Stonehenge. Built about 5,000 years ago—with 40-ton rocks that were dragged to the site—to this day it’s an engineering wonder whose purpose remains a mystery. Was Stonehenge a religious temple ? An astronomical clock ? Or a burial ground ? You decide. Next, it’s on to the classic city of Salisbury and a visit to one of Europe’s finest medieval structures, the Salisbury Cathedral. The church boasts the tallest spire in Britain and attracts hundreds of thousands of visitors each year. You can also stop by the Chapter House and see the Magna Carta. Last stop ? Bath, where you’ll temper to the relaxing hot and cold Roman baths built over 19 centuries ago. Bath also offers some of the finest architectural sights in Europe, including Pulteney Bridge.
Bath, Stonehenge and Salisbury
- Take a day to explore with this treasure-trove escorted tour
- Children under 4 travel for free.
Here’s what’s included :
- Choice of 2 tour options : escorted tour with lunch pack, or the Discovery tour (site entrances or lunch pack not included).
- Escorted tour with lunch pack includes :
- Entry to mysterious Stonehenge
- Entry to Salisbury Cathedral, see the famous Magna Carta
- Complimentary lunch pack with sandwich, bottled water and fruit
- Entry to Roman Baths and Pump Room
- Torch lighting ceremony at Roman Bath(not in summer)
- Beginning April 1, 2016 : Select Free Walking Tours in London available,
- vouchers must be collected from the Golden Tours office in
- Victoria on the day of the tour and must be used within 48 hours after
- Coach Tour date. (not offered with Discovery Tours)
- All entrance fees
- Discovery tour without entrances or lunch pack includes :
- See mysterious Stonehenge
- Visit Salisbury
- See Roman Baths and Bath Abbey
- Does not include any entrances
- Groups of 10 or more get a 5% discount on Bath, Stonehenge and Salisbury.
- Reservation must be made at least 24 hours before tour begins. Details on making reservations are included with your voucher.
- Voucher must be exchanged within 6 months of purchase date.
- This tour begins at 8:45am and finishes at approximately 7:00pm.
- For hotel pick up times please refer to the FAQ section.
- Tour operates :
- January – March on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday
- April - September daily
- October - December on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday
- Travelers should wait by the concierge desk for pickup of their tour at least 10 minutes before the scheduled pickup time.
- Once the tour has been reserved the tour is non-refundable.
- Child rates are valid for children ages 3 -16.
- Prices are subject to change.
From our travel community
You may also be interested in
Common Questions, Simple Answers
Q. How can I contact Rail Europe prior to my departure to Europe ?
A. Please send us a message from our Contact Us page and we will respond to you via email within 24 to 48 hours.
Q. Is there a fee to take luggage on a train ?
A. In general, there are no luggage fees when traveling by train, however, some rail carriers do restrict the amount of luggage a traveller is allowed to bring, and any additional luggage may be subject to local fees.
On Eurostar, you’re permitted to carry two large bags and one small piece of hand luggage. If you have more than this, an additional fee may be required locally.
Q. What is the benefit of buying passes through the group department versus the web ?
A. While group rates on passes match our web prices, booking with the group department will also provide your group with one pass at 75% off for every 15 people paying. And we’ll help ensure you’re buying the best rail pass for your group, as well as confirm any reservations with your group seated together (if required and/or wanted). An even better deal ? You’ll still receive all the applicable pass benefits as shown on our site ; discounted rates for Youth and Seniors, and Saver rail pass rates for parties of 2 or more traveling together.
Q. How can I track my shipment ?
A. A shipping confirmation email will be sent to you when your booking has shipped and it will contain the tracking number for your travel documents. Please use this email to track your package.
Q. I placed a booking on your website but received a message saying my booking needs to be reviewed by a Travel Consultant. Why ?
A. Sometimes, certain products within your booking are not available for confirmation at the time of booking and one of our Travel Consultants needs to manually confirm your booking. Once confirmed, we will contact you to advise it has been finalized and issued.
Q. What credit cards does Rail Europe accept online ?
A. You can use an American Express, Diner’s Club, Discover, MasterCard, or Visa card on our website.
Q. How can I exchange my Trenitalia ticket ?
A. Exchanges can be made in accordance with the conditions of your ticket. If permitted, exchanges can only be processed in Italy at a self-service kiosk at the train station. Simply select the "Print & Change" option and then enter the e-ticket confirmation code (PNR) and the Booking Change Code. Both of these codes can be found on your Print at Home ticket. Changes can also be made at a ticket window at the station.
Q. How do I create a Rail Europe account ?
A. You can simply click the ’Login’ button found on the top right-hand side of our homepage and select ’create an account’ to register on our site. If you are booking with us, you will also be presented with the option to register during checkout.
Q. Can I choose whether my tickets or rail passes are delivered as paper documents or electronically ?
A. All available delivery options for how your train tickets, rail passes, and/or reservations can be issued will be presented to you during checkout.
Q. Can I choose a specific seat on a train when making my reservation ?
A. At this time, it’s not possible to choose a specific seat on our website when booking a reservation.