To celebrate over 100 years of the Jungfrau Railway’s engineering prowess and breathtaking views, we’re proud to offer the Jungfrau Travel Pass - Top of Europe. It gives you a choice of 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 or 8 consecutive days of travel on the entire Jungfrau Railway. Plus enjoy a journey to the Jungfraujoch, Europe’s highest-altitude railway station, which is 11,332 feet above sea level. Everywhere you’ll look, you’ll be surrounded by majestic views. It’s a great time to visit. Because while the railway may be celebrating 100 years, the scenery has been preparing for your arrival for a few millenniums.
Jungfrau Travel Pass - Top of Europe
- Note that a Low, Mid and High season pricing applies. Click on the terms & conditions link below to check the applicable dates.
A timeless memory : Jungfrau Travel Pass - Top of Europe
Here’s what’s included :
- A choice of a voucher valid for 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 or 8 consecutive days of travel.
- Free travel on the Jungfrau Railways network which includes travel between Interlaken Ost – Lauterbrunnen, Grindelwald - Kleine Scheidegg or Lauterbrunnen.
- Excursion from Eigergletscher to the Jungfraujoch Top of Europe.
- Rail Europe voucher is exchanged for your Jungfrau Travel Pass - Top of Europe.
- Discounted rates are only available with a Swiss Half Fare Card.
- Children under 6 are free.
- Children traveling with a Swiss Family Card are free when they travel with a parent or guardian that is traveling with a Swiss Travel Pass. Where noted below, please indicate the number of children that are NOT covered by the Swiss Family Card. Note : these children will be required to purchase a ticket.
- The excursion from Eigergletscher to the Jungfraujoch – Top of Europe may only be used once only in conjunction with your Jungfrau Travel pass and the Rail Europe voucher must be exchanged at the same time as your Jungfrau Travel Pass voucher. Seat reservations recommended for travel between May - October and can be made at any Jungfraujoch Station.
- The Jungfrau Travel Pass - Top of Europe is valid for travel from May 5th to October 21st, 2018.
- Tickets and the Swiss Transfer ticket are not valid for rail pass discounts.
- Vouchers are valid for six months from the date of purchase.
- Prices are subject to change
From our travel community
You may also be interested in
Common Questions, Simple Answers
Q. My Rail Europe train tickets were not accepted by the conductor. What do I do ?
A. While all train tickets issued by Rail Europe should be accepted onboard the train, if you should run into any issues, be sure to ask the conductor to stamp your Rail Europe ticket "Not Used" with a written note explaining why this ticket could not be accepted by a railway official. You will want to keep that ticket safe and upon your return home, you can send the original ticket, any replacement tickets and receipts, and a brief letter of explanation to our Customer Relations team.
Please use the Contact Us page to get more information regarding a refund.
Q. Are there ATMs on board ?
A. While there are ATMs located in most major European train stations, there are none on the trains themselves.
Q. I want to refund my train ticket. How do I proceed ?
A. If you have a paper ticket that you would like to submit for a refund, please visit our Contact Us page for further information.
Please note that train tickets must be received at least 2 business days prior to the train departure date.
It’s strongly suggested that you send these documents by some type of traceable mail for proof of delivery.
If you have an e-ticket to submit for a refund, this can be initiated on our Cancellation and Refunds page.
Q. How do I book a train ticket on your site ?
A. We have an easy-to-use booking form right on the homepage of our site. Simply enter your departure and arrival cities, the date you’d like to travel, approximate time of day, and number of passengers. If you have a rail pass, be sure to check the "I have a rail pass" box so that we can search the best fares for your journey.
Q. Why are e tickets not available for certain trips ?
A. Availability of e-tickets depends on two factors : whether the rail company operating the train offers e-ticketing, and if it does, whether Rail Europe was granted technical access to their inventory to enable e-ticketing on their behalf.
Not all European rail companies offer e-tickets. But when they do, we work with them to make this option available on our website. And we’ll continue to do so in order provide more e-ticket options for your convenience.
Q. My group lives large. Can we book an exclusive carriage or charter an entire train ?
A. Whether your group is looking to book an exclusive carriage on a scheduled train for their sole use, or wishing to charter an entire train, we can arrange it. Simply fill out a Group Quote form and one of our dedicated group consultants will respond with a quote to fit your groups’ needs.
Q. Can I ensure that my traveling party will share a compartment on an overnight train ?
A. Our booking system always attempts to book all travellers in the same compartment on overnight trains, as long as you submit your request for your entire traveling party at once.
Our ability to book all travellers in the same compartment ultimately depends on compartment availabilities on the train you’re booking. The earlier you make your reservations, the better the chance that everyone in your travel party will be in the same compartment.
If a compartment can’t be fully filled by the traveling party alone, some trains may need to separate you into gender-specific compartments. Therefore, if you are a traveling party of mixed gender – the way to ensure that you will be traveling together is to make sure that you book a compartment that you fill entirely.
Q. What is the difference between a flexi pass and a consecutive/continuous pass ?
A. A flexi pass is valid for a specific number of travel days to be used within the overall validity period of that rail pass. For example, 15 days of unlimited train travel to be used within a 2-month period. With this kind of rail pass, you can pick and choose any days (they don’t have to be consecutive) to travel within the rail pass’ validity period.
Continuous (or consecutive) rail passes such as the Eurail Global Pass, are valid for unlimited train travel during the whole duration of the pass’ validity period. In other words, with a 15-day Eurail Global Pass, you can travel for 15 consecutive days by train. Even if you don’t take the train each and every day, those days will be considered used
Q. Can I customize my group trip (meals on board, train station transfers) ?
A. We love groups, and we do everything we can to make the experience as pleasurable as possible. We offer onboard catering, motor coach transfers to and from the train station, as well as luggage handling at select stations. For more information fill out our Group Quote form and a dedicated group consultant will respond to your request.
Q. What constitutes a group ?
A. Ten or more people traveling together constitutes a group.