To celebrate over 100 years of the Jungfrau Railway’s engineering prowess and breathtaking views, we’re proud to offer the Jungfrau Travel Pass - Top of Europe. It gives you a choice of 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 or 8 consecutive days of travel on the entire Jungfrau Railway. Plus enjoy a journey to the Jungfraujoch, Europe’s highest-altitude railway station, which is 11,332 feet above sea level. Everywhere you’ll look, you’ll be surrounded by majestic views. It’s a great time to visit. Because while the railway may be celebrating 100 years, the scenery has been preparing for your arrival for a few millenniums.
Jungfrau Travel Pass - Top of Europe
Experience the diverse Jungfrau region with one great pass
- The Jungfrau Travel Pass entitles the holder to travel on the Jungfrau Railways network
- Highlight of a one day excursion to Jungfraujoch - Top of Europe
- Issued as an exchange voucher
- Children under 6 travel free sharing adult passenger’s seat
Here’s what’s included :
- A choice of a voucher valid for 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 or 8 consecutive days of travel.
- Free travel on the Jungfrau Railways network which includes travel between Interlaken Ost – Lauterbrunnen, Grindelwald - Kleine Scheidegg or Lauterbrunnen.
- Excursion from Eigergletscher to the Jungfraujoch Top of Europe.
- Rail Europe voucher is exchanged for your Jungfrau Travel Pass - Top of Europe.
- Discounted rates are only available with a Swiss Half Fare Card.
- Children under 6 are free.
- Children traveling with a Swiss Family Card are free when they travel with a parent or guardian that is traveling with a Swiss Travel Pass. Where noted below, please indicate the number of children that are NOT covered by the Swiss Family Card. Note : these children will be required to purchase a ticket.
- The excursion from Eigergletscher to the Jungfraujoch – Top of Europe may only be used once only in conjunction with your Jungfrau Travel pass and the Rail Europe voucher must be exchanged at the same time as your Jungfrau Travel Pass voucher. Seat reservations recommended for travel between May - October and can be made at any Jungfraujoch Station.
- The Jungfrau Travel Pass - Top of Europe is valid for travel from May 5th to October 21st, 2018.
- Tickets and the Swiss Transfer ticket are not valid for rail pass discounts.
- Vouchers are valid for six months from the date of purchase.
- Prices are subject to change
From our travel community
You may also be interested in
Common Questions, Simple Answers
Q. What happens if I don’t fill out my rail pass before boarding the train ?
A. Those who travel with a rail pass in which the travel date is not filled in the travel calendar box risk payment of a full fare ticket and a fine.
Q. Does your website display all trains operating for the route searched ?
A. We strive to provide the most comprehensive European rail booking engine online. We have specific partnerships with most European railroads. These partnerships determine the extent to which we are able to provide complete and accurate schedules through our booking engine.
For many countries, our schedules match the complete offerings of the European train companies. But occasionally, some train companies do not load schedules for all local trains. Also, schedules for certain private trains may not be available through our booking engine.
Q. Do the train stations offer services to help carry my luggage ?
A. Many train stations in Europe have self-service luggage carts that you can use to transport your luggage through the train station. These carts are usually coin-operated and when you return your cart, you’ll get your coin back.
It’s always best to pack light and anticipate that you will need to carry your own luggage. Only a few stations in Europe offer porter services. Also keep in mind that while some stations offer elevators and/or escalators, you may need to carry your luggage up or down stairs to reach the correct train platform.
Q. How can I request a brochure from your company ?
A. We have made our brochures conveniently available online in an effort to reduce the amount of paper used. You can download Rail Europe’s full-color Europe on Track or Rail Europe Collection brochures.
Q. How can I find the cheapest train tickets ?
A. There are two ways you can ensure you get the best price. The most effective way is to book your train ticket(s) in advance. Many rail carriers operating high speed trains or night trains make a limited number of cheaper seats available for advance purchase. Once those seats have been sold or the purchase window has passed, prices go up. That’s why we recommend booking 60 to 90 days prior to the train departure, especially if you plan on traveling during peak season (summer and holidays).
The other way to ensure you get the best rate is to correctly indicate the composition and number of your traveling party when requesting your fares and schedules. This will allow us to determine eligibility for some reduced fares such as child, youth or senior fares when offered by the rail carrier.
Q. How do I create a Rail Europe account ?
A. You can simply click the ’Login’ button found on the top right-hand side of our homepage and select ’create an account’ to register on our site. If you are booking with us, you will also be presented with the option to register during checkout.
Q. Can I still buy train tickets from you once I’m in Europe ?
A. Yes, but only for trains that offer print at home or print at the station e-tickets. In general, we don’t ship paper tickets to Europe unless you will be at the same location (and able to receive tickets) for 3-5 business days. If the train you want only offers a paper ticket option, and you won’t be able to receive those tickets in the main, you will need to buy it locally at the station.
Q. Is it possible to have travellers of different genders in the same sleeping compartment ?
A. For gender specific compartments, men and women must be in separate sleeping compartments. However, if you reserve all beds within a compartment, you may mix genders.
Gender-specific compartments include private, double, triple, deluxe double, deluxe triple, and quad sleeping compartments. If your traveling party doesn’t fill the compartment, you will be divided by gender.
Q. How far in advance can I buy my train ticket ?
A. Train tickets can be purchased 60 to 180 days in advance, depending on your route of travel. Rail carrier policies vary, depending on when their schedules are available for sale.
For the best deals, purchase your train tickets three months in advance, if possible. But always book as far in advance as you can to assure the best price and to avoid your class of service being sold out (especially during peak travel season on high speed trains).
Q. I want to refund my rail pass. How do I proceed ?
A. If you have an unused, unvalidated rail pass that you would like to submit for a refund, please visit our Cancellation and Refunds page. Be sure to review the refund and exchange policies for your rail pass prior to purchase so you are aware of any penalties or return fees.
When you are ready to mail your rail pass to us for a refund, it is strongly recommended that you send these documents by some type of traceable mail for proof of delivery.