Venice Small-Group Food-Tasting Walking Tour With 13 TastingsFall in love with Venice, through your 3-hour discovery of the gastronomic tradition of the city, through a uniquely designed small-group, (...)
Book your activity now
#1 distributor of train tickets and rail passesWe’ve been by the side of more happy travelers every year as rail’s popularity continues to grow.
The simplicity of one-stop-shoppingThe most complete European train travel offerings including train tickets, rail passes and activities.
European expertsWe’ve made train travel easy and accessible throughout Europe for over 75 years.
Venice is not only internationally famed for its exceptionally picturesque canals, and bridges, but also years of cultural heritage. Among that is their cuisine tradition, and it is a lot more than just pizzas, and pasta! Venice, among visitors sometimes can get a bad rap when it comes to food because it is a very touristic city! But there are very good places if you just follow what and where the locals eat. The popular diet of Venetian include polenta, risotto and fish, and you will try all of the mentioned on this tour. Each of the stops is well known among locals for some particular dishes, and along with your local foodie, you will not only learn about the legends behind of the food, the bar, the restaurant, but also some histories about the area as well.
There are 8 stops on this tour with plenty of food to make sure you do not need breakfast nor dinner. You will start your day with some coffee, like the Italians do. Venice has a tradition that goes a long way back in time in making tasty pastries, and you will get to try some of the heavenly delicious pastries that the Venetian has to offer. After your sweet tooth has been satisfied, stroll through some wine bars and savor typical Venetian drinks accompanied by the famous cicchetti. Try 5-6 different types of fish and learn how each dish is created. Even Venice is known for seafood dishes, there are some delicious local cured meat that you have to try too! Then go to the backstreet, visit the oldest bar, find out where the famous lover in history used to frequent and of course try their signature dish. After that, crawl your way to get some traditional Venetian cookies and learn why they are so good, and the tour will end with some authentic gelato! During this gelato stop, the guide will explain how to identify good quality gelato shops even in a middle of a touristy place. The wonderful food provided on the the tour are all in season to make sure all of our clients try the freshest recipes.
(On Tuesday morning, and Saturday afternoon tour, or on a special holiday there is a possibility that there would be no risotto, but we will replace it with another local favourite or dish of the day!)
• There are 8 food stops on this tour all are either award winning, or top rated by the locals
• At least 13 different tastings with at least 5 different seafood dishes
• Historical sties of Venice legends and tales along the way on our food tours
• Small group for an authentic and intimate experience
• An expert local foodie to guide you through different stories and recipes
• A perfect activities for those who wants to enjoy the great food while in Venice to make your experience complete
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Small group ensures personal service
- Local guide
- Wine tasting
- Local taxes
- Food tasting
What's NOT inside
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Any foods and drinks not included in the tour
- Non-exchangeable, non-refundable.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- A maximum of 15 people per tour
- In case the day of your tour falls on a holiday or a day where lots of some restaurants are closed, we will still make sure that you will have the same amount of food if not more food than usual,with wine and always with the minimum of 6 stops
- All bookings are automatically confirmed unless received within 48 hours, then the booking will be subjected to availability. We will offer an alternative date or time if there is no availability at the time that the customers choose.
- The customers should show up at least 6 minutes prior to the starting time on the voucher to make sure they are at the correct meeting point and report to the tour coordinator or guide that day before the starting time of the tour on the voucher. It is the responsibility of the customers to try to reach out to our phone number at + 39 3382975029 or the phone number of the guide written in the email or send us an email to email@example.com in case the guide could not be located BEFORE the starting time of the tour. In case your phone does not work, there are many shops, and restaurants around the departure point that will let customers make a phone call for free or one Euro. Failure to contact us PRIOR TO the starting time of the tour in case you need help with direction or will be arriving late and joining the tour later, and late arrivals will be considered " no show". Our restaurants and stops are very famous so we have to start strictly on time, so it is very important that you are at the meeting point at least 5 minutes before the departure time and call us if you could not located our guide or tour coordinator.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
Reviews & ratings Eat Like a Local: 3-hour Venice Small-Group Food Tasting Walking Tour
"Excellent. Awesome foodand wines , great restaurants you would not find on your own. Wonderful informative and friendly guide. "
"Our tour guide was so pleasant and informative. The info was very interesting and food was wonderful. We thoroughly enjoyed it. "
"What a fantastic tour with Anna! She selected amazing places for us to eat, which all included terrific wine and food pairings. And she helped foster a warm, (...) "
"This was a great tour. Enjoyed going to local places privately owned where the locals go. Learned a lot about Italian cuisine and Venice. A great way to spend the (...) "
"Great to sample local food and wine. All were very good. I would highly recommend this tour. The group was great as well. Good guide who explained the food and wine (...) "
"We had Anna as our guide and she was delightful and full of knowledge to share (but not overboard). She was really as good as it gets. We had a great group of (...) "
"Loved our tour guide Anna and the group we were with! Many laughs were had and the food and drink were all exceptional! Anna shared not only her knowledge of the (...) "
"Anna was the best guide! So much history and background information along with amazing food and wine. A must do for foodies. "
"We have done similar tours before and this has been the best! Viviana(we think) was such fun yet protective of her guests and their food allergies/dislikes She (...) "
"Anna was a wonderful guide and took us to the best food places! It was so fun to learn more about traditional Venetian food and how to spot them. She was really (...) "