Venice Jewish Ghetto & Cannareggio District Food Wine & Sightseeing Guided tourItalian lifestyle, good food, rich history and delicious wines this all is included in our 4-hour walking tour through the Jewish Ghetto and the (...)
Book your activity now
#1 distributor of train tickets and rail passesWe’ve been by the side of more happy travelers every year as rail’s popularity continues to grow.
The simplicity of one-stop-shoppingThe most complete European train travel offerings including train tickets, rail passes and activities.
European expertsWe’ve made train travel easy and accessible throughout Europe for over 75 years.
The tour starts at 5pm right in the Old Ghetto (Gheto Vecio), the heart of the Jewish Ghetto where you can see the Rabbi's House and the historic synagogues. Your local guide will show you these important places and explain the history and architecture, so that you can really feel the vibrations from the past coming to life in front of you.
There will also be our first food stops – the others will follow in the Cannareggio district, the most popular in Venice, where locals live, eat and shop. You'll be part of the local population, walking through the narrow streets and over the canals, entering the traditional Bacari bars and tasting some mouthwatering Venetian recipes such as sarde in saor, spaghetti al nero, artichoke bottoms and much much more. We will treat you to only seasonal dishes, as Italians do, but we can guarantee that they'll all be delicious and traditional! All this accompanied by some glasses of local wine.
And no good dinner should end without a proper dessert – therefore we will first visit an old bakery, where you can taste traditional biscuits and cake and then go to a “gelateria” to get a hand-made super delicious and refreshing gelato. You can be sure that at the end of this tour you won't be hungry anymore, but happy and filled with food, wine, knowledge and interesting stories!
Please consider, that on Fridays, Saturdays and Jewish holidays some restaurants might be closed and will be replaced by other traditional restaurants in the area. If you have special food requests, please let us know at the moment of booking, we can also arrange vegetarian and gluten free options. No kosher food will be served during this tour.
- Food and wine tastings
- English speaking Local guide
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's NOT inside
- Tip (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Refundable up to 4 business days prior to the travel date minus a 7% administrative fee.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Detailed meeting point info will be provided after the booking confirmation
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Food varies according to season
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers