Bath City Tour & Fly a Hawk Experience - Day Tour from BathGet a great introduction to Bath on this private walking tour with a local guide who was born and grew up in Bath and then in the afternoon visit (...)
Book your activity now
#1 distributor of train tickets and rail passesWe’ve been by the side of more happy travelers every year as rail’s popularity continues to grow.
The simplicity of one-stop-shoppingThe most complete European train travel offerings including train tickets, rail passes and activities.
European expertsWe’ve made train travel easy and accessible throughout Europe for over 75 years.
This day tour offers a unique experience for visitors to Bath combining a great introduction to the city on a private walking tour and a visit to a small falconry on the outskirts of the city where you can learn simple falconry techniques and fly a hawk in the surrounding English countryside.
You will be met at your hotel in Bath by your guide who was born and grew up in the city giving you the chance to meet and talk to a real Bathonian! With your guide you will explore the city to see famous landmarks such as the Royal Crescent, Bath Abbey, Pulteney Bridge and more. You will also be shown the location of Bath's hot springs, without which Bath would not be the city it is today. During the tour you will hear stories about the city's past as well as life today in Bath. There will not be enough time to go inside museums such as the Roman Baths but your guide will happily point these out to you or offer suggestions if you would like to visit one during your stay.
After your tour of Bath you will be driven to a great spot for lunch. After your meal you will be driven to a charming village on the outskirts of the city where a small non-for-profit organisation runs a falconry which in addition to rescue & rehabilitation work is dedicated to promoting an understanding on the ancient art of falconry. Under the guidance of a local falconer you will be introduced to their birds and taken on a short walk into the countryside where you will have the opportunity to practise some simple falconry techniques and fly the hawk and take photos. The falconry experience takes between 60 to 90 minutes depending on how quickly you feed the hawk! After the experience you will be driven back to your hotel in Bath.
Lunch is not included in the price of the tour. The falconry operates a maximum group size of 4 for the hawk flying. If you are less than 4 people the hawk experience may be shared with other people. The hawk flying is subject to favourable weather conditions.
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Private walking tour
- Hawk flying experience
What's NOT inside
- Refundable up to 4 business days prior to the travel date minus a 7% administrative fee.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A maximum of 4 people per booking
- The hawk flying experience is subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of flying an owl indoors, an alternative date or full refund
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
If your Bath accommodation is not listed or you prefer to be picked up in a central location in Bath instead of a hotel please send details of the location e.g the Bath railway station.