King Ludwig Castles Neuschwanstein and Linderhof Private Tour from SalzburgNeuschwanstein Castle and Linderhof Palace are considered among Bavaria’s top attractions, but organizing transportation to visit independently (...)
Book your activity now
#1 distributor of train tickets and rail passesWe’ve been by the side of more happy travelers every year as rail’s popularity continues to grow.
The simplicity of one-stop-shoppingThe most complete European train travel offerings including train tickets, rail passes and activities.
European expertsWe’ve made train travel easy and accessible throughout Europe for over 75 years.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Salzburger Altstadt, Altstadt, Salzburg Austria
The tour to King Ludwig's Royal Castles begins at your Hotel in Salzburg. Meet and greet your private guide and hop on board of your luxury private vehicle. It's a drive of 3 hours through typical Bavarian landscape and partly even on the famous Romantic Road from Salzburg to Mad Ludwig Castle Neuschwanstein.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Schloss Neuschwanstein, Neuschwansteinstrasse 20, 87645 Schwangau, Bavaria Germany
Arriving at Mad Ludwig Castle Neuschwanstein your private local guide will first organize skip the line tickets. One of the highlights of this 19th century Romanesque Revival Castle is its location on a rock formation which is just breathtaking. Get the best views of the castle and the alpine foothills with lakes from Mary’s Bridge. The english tour of the Castle will take about 40 minutes. Ludwig II = "Mad" King Ludwig ruled Bavaria for 23 years until his death in 1886 at the age of 41. Rather than deal with politics in the Bavarian capital Munich, Ludwig frittered away most of his time at his family´s hunting palace, Hohenschwangau. He spent most of his adult life constructing his fanciful Neuschwanstein castle - much like a kid builds a tree house on a neighboring hill. The entire time at Neuschwanstein will be 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Ettal, Ettal, Upper Bavaria, Bavaria
After touring Neuschwanstein Castle, travel in about 1 hour drive along Plansee Lake to Castle Linderhof, another Mad Ludwig Castle.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Schloss Linderhof, Linderhof 12, 82488 Ettal, Bavaria Germany
At Castle Linderhof you will have about 30 minutes to get great pictures of the castle and its beautiful park. It is only a 5 minute walk from the car park to the castle.
After a day filled with spectacular Bavarian Alps scenery, world famous King Ludwig II Castles Neuschwanstein and Linderhof the tour will conclude with drop-off at your Salzburg Hotel. You will find a tour option with tour end either in Munich or Innsbruck at the checkout.
Duration: 30 minutes
• Visit Neuschwanstein Castle and Linderhof Palace in one day from Salzburg
• Learn of the life and times of Bavarian King Ludwig II
• Avoid difficulties organizing transportation independently
• Pickup and drop-off at your Salzburg hotel, or drop-off in Munich or Innsbruck
- Led by a local guide
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Full day private tour to Neuschwanstein castle and Linderhof Palace from Salzburg
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Bottled water
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's NOT inside
- Food and drinks
- Entry/Admission - Schloss Neuschwanstein
- Refundable up to 4 business days prior to the travel date minus a 7% administrative fee.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- A maximum of 7 people per booking
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
We will pick you up from any hotel in the city of Salzburg, if your hotel or private address (Airbnb etc.) is not in the list, then just mention it and we'll pick you up from there.