John Ruskin, the Pre-Raphaelites and the Arts and Crafts Movement TourAn opportunity to visit several locations where the Arts & Craft Movement was born and developed in the company of a knowledgeable guide who will (...)
Book your activity now
#1 distributor of train tickets and rail passesWe’ve been by the side of more happy travelers every year as rail’s popularity continues to grow.
The simplicity of one-stop-shoppingThe most complete European train travel offerings including train tickets, rail passes and activities.
European expertsWe’ve made train travel easy and accessible throughout Europe for over 75 years.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Brantwood Brantwood East of Lake, Coniston LA21 8AD England
A chance for a guided visit to Brantwood, the home of John Ruskin the art critic and social commentator who influenced the creation and development of the Arts and Crafts Movement
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Ruskin Museum, Coniston LA21 8DU England
Visit to the Ruskin Museum to see more details of John Ruskin and the various Arts & Crafts ideas he encouraged.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Jesus Church, Patterdale Road A592 junction with Greengate lane, Troutbeck England
See spectacular stained glass designed by the Pre-Raphaelite painter Sir Edward Burne-Jones and manufacture by William Morris & Co.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Blackwell, The Arts & Crafts House, Bowness-on-Windermere LA23 3JT England
Blackwell is a superb example of the Arts & Crafts Movement. Explore the delightful interiors that range from dark wood panelled rooms with a minstrel's gallery through to the amazing White Drawing Room that will blow your mind with its detail.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Admission into Brantwood
- Admission into the Ruskin Museum
- Admission into Blackwell
- Knowledgeable guide to provide expert commentary and analysis all day
- Experienced driver for your safety on the steep, narrow and twisty Lakeland roads
- Small group of up to 6 people for a more flexible and personalised experience
- Radio technology to keep you in-touch with the guide when you are off the minibus (where applicable)
- Entry/Admission - Brantwood
- Entry/Admission - Ruskin Museum
- Entry/Admission - Blackwell, The Arts & Crafts House
What's NOT inside
- Lunch - No food or drink is included in the tour price although we do take a lunch stop
- Refundable up to 4 business days prior to the travel date minus a 7% administrative fee.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- All passengers, including children of any age, must have a seat purchased for them
- Please choose the option for the place you wish to join the tour, once booked this is where we expect to pick you up
- The English Lake District weather can change quickly, even in the summer months. Please bring a waterproof coat with a hood in case of rain or windy weather
- As there is a little walking involved on the tour, some uphill and on uneven or wet terrain, please wear suitable, comfortable shoes
- This tour is not suitable for children under the age of 5
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
2: Windermere LA23, UK
3: Bowness-on-Windermere, Windermere LA23, UK
4: Ambleside LA22, UK