Tuscan Wine Experience, Vintage Fiat 500 Tour from FlorenceYou have dreamed of a romantic Italian getaway. Be ready to make that dream a reality with this 4+ hour Fiat 500 tour from Florence with a wine (...)
Book your activity now
#1 distributor of train tickets and rail passesWe’ve been by the side of more happy travelers every year as rail’s popularity continues to grow.
The simplicity of one-stop-shoppingThe most complete European train travel offerings including train tickets, rail passes and activities.
European expertsWe’ve made train travel easy and accessible throughout Europe for over 75 years.
Fiat 500s were introduced to the Italian masses at the end of the 1950s, and quickly became the nation's favorite little car. Eye-catching and stylishly retro, the earliest Fiat 500 models remain the most sought-after vintage cars in Italy today, and you’ll experience their nostalgic glory on your 5-hour tour.
After meeting your expert guide at a private garage in Florence, you’ll be introduced to your meticulously restored 1960s Fiat 500 and given a comprehensive safety briefing. You will have a practice session to get used to the car’s manual gears. If you’re the nominated driver in your group, you must be confident using them.
Leave Florence behind and head to the hills in a convoy following your guide. As you drive along secluded roads with little traffic, your guide will keep you entertained with fascinating facts about the region and its world-famous wines.
After two hours of leisurely driving through Tuscan and Chianti landscape, you’ll arrive at your destination -- a beautiful 15th-century Renaissance villa and wine estate, tucked into the hills. With roughly two hours to spend here, enjoy the activities before returning to Florence. See the Itinerary section for tour option details.
- Romantic experience, perfect for couples
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Wine-tasting session
- Light Lunch
Learn about the region’s prestigious Super Tuscan wines on a 1.5-hour tour of the wine estate. With your knowledgeable guide, explore the vineyards and cellars, and then taste several local wines. During the tour, sit down in the wine cellar to enjoy a light lunch of crostini, meats and cheeses. You’ll have time to spend at leisure in the grounds after your wine-tasting tour ends-- simply relax and sun yourself in the grounds!
What's NOT inside
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Refundable up to 4 business days prior to the travel date minus a 7% administrative fee.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Previous experience using manual gears essential, should you be the nominated driver in your group. Your guide reserves the right, at his or her discretion, to terminate the participation of any driver who is unable to control the car safely.
- Vegetarian and vegan dietary restrictions are catered to. Please note this in the 'special requirements' field on booking
- Children aged 12 and under are free of charge. Valid ID is required
- Minimum age is 18 years to drive. You must bring your driver's license
- Should you choose to include a wine-tasting session, we recommend that the nominated driver in your group spit the wines out, rather than swallowing them. This is common practice at wine-tasting sessions so you should feel comfortable doing this. By offering this tour through this website, Viator and its affiliates do not condone driving after alcohol consumption
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
Reviews & ratings Self-Drive Vintage Fiat 500 Tour from Florence: Tuscan Wine Experience
"There is no way to properly describe the experience of driving through the Tuscan country in an original Fiat 500, so if you know how to drive stick (or are with (...) "
"This was so much fun! Our car "Olivia" did a great job allowing us to drive the countryside without any problems. Our guide Mattia was great, from giving us pointers (...) "
"We had a fantastic day ! Cars were so retro and fun to drive. Wine tasting and lunch ended a truly wonderful day. This is great fun and highly recommended (...) "
"Mattia was our guide and he was the absolute best! This excursion was the highlight of our 2-week Italy trip because of him. He was very thorough in communicating (...) "
"Very fun day, loved driving the Fiat 500 around Chianti hills. The guide was super friendly with very good english. Loved it. "
"This was super fun and a total recommend. I signed up for the Fiat driving though after doing a test run I wasn't 100 in my ability to drive a stick and honestly, (...) "
"This was my favorite tour of our entire trip! Matthias was a fantastic guide and was very funny and friendly. I felt like we had made a great friend by the time it (...) "
"This tour was one of the highlights of our trip! Our tour guide Chris was great, he really is a credit to the company. Food and wine brilliant and of course, the (...) "
"While visiting Florence, we looked into renting a vehicle and came across the self-driving vintage fiat tour. Are we ever glad we did! Our guide, Matt, was (...) "
"We had an amazing time in our 500 fiat tour thanks to our guide Mathias. He made sure we were all safe and fully enjoyed the experience. He gave us a quick lesson on (...) "