Venice Guided Food Tour with Traditional Cicchetti and WineDiscover magical Venice with a local by your side. Drink like a Venetian at some of our favourite and most authentic bacari wine bars. Cross the (...)
Book your activity now
#1 distributor of train tickets and rail passesWe’ve been by the side of more happy travelers every year as rail’s popularity continues to grow.
The simplicity of one-stop-shoppingThe most complete European train travel offerings including train tickets, rail passes and activities.
European expertsWe’ve made train travel easy and accessible throughout Europe for over 75 years.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Campo della Maddalena, 30100 Venezia VE, Italy
This tour is the perfect introduction to Venice, giving you an overview of the city’s unrivalled history and a taster of its world-famous cuisine.
We are starting our tour in one of the most historical squares in Venice. It’s chimeneys are iconic as are one of the few left in the city and the Round Church of La Maddalena is part of the masonic history of Venice.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Cannaregio, Venice Italy
We will walk in the Cannaregio neighbourhood, one of the few remaining residential areas of Venice, known for being a popular afterwork meeting spot for thirsty locals. We will take a gentle stroll around and chat about its 1,000 year history and your local guide will offer suggestions on other things to see and do during your stay.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Canal Grande, 30100 Venice Italy
We cross the Grand Canal as part of the tour in the traghetto gondola boat. It’s an experience to discover the main water canal of Venice and see how the life goes by in the “highway” of the city.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Mercato di Rialto, Campiello de la Pescaria, 30122 Venezia VE, Italy
Once in Rialto, the food tasting can begin! A briefing on local products at the market (only available in the morning tour) preceeds our first stop at a small eatery, owned by a group of young locals with a passion for experimenting with traditional recipes, giving them a modern twist. Expect dishes such as black ink calamari, polenta with seafood or seasonal vegetables (served in elaborate dishes).
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Cantina Do Mori, Campo S. Polo, 429, 30125 Venezia VE, Italy
As part of the tour stops, this “bacaro” or Cicchetti venue is among the oldest in Venice. Dating back from the 1462 (before the discovery of America!) is one of the main places for the markets vendors to have their lunch break over a glass of local wine and a cicchetto snack.
We will stop here for a glass of local produce wine and a traditional Venetian cicchetto. Your guide will show you all the historical features in the venue while you taste all the local food and wines.
Duration: 25 minutes
Stop At: Ponte di Rialto, Ruga degli Orefici (Rialto) San Polo, 30125 Venice Italy
A few secret and hidden spots near the Rialto are up next, which will demonstrate the importance of moving just one street away from the tourist hordes, to get a little slice of Venice to yourself.
The tour will end at the iconic Rialto bridge, which is surrounded by great restaurants and shops. Your guide will be happy to help you with recommendations for continuing the fun or with directions to help you back to your accommodation.
Duration: 15 minutes
- Free drinks included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Instant Confirmation
- Small-group tour
- Traghetto gondola crossing (weather permitting)
- Rialto food market visit (morning tour only)
- Four glasses of wine from family wineries
- A glass of prosecco + a glass of farmers sweet wine
- Venetian fusion seafood cicchetti
- Traditional codfish cicchetti
- Delicious local meats & organic vegetables cicchetti
- Tasty homemade risotto or pasta
- A local dessert
What's NOT inside
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Refundable up to 4 business days prior to the travel date minus a 7% administrative fee.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Additional Information: There may be a change of itinerary according to opening times of bars and restaurants along the way depending on how crowded they are. However, all the bars you are taken to are of the same standard, so you will not be missing out if the itinerary does change.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- All the stores and foodie spots we visit are 100% owned and run by locals, ensuring that the local population benefit from tourism to their city. So any inclusions on the tour and additional purchases you make will directly benefit the local community.
- We will take you off the main tourist trail to some of the many hidden gem neighbourhoods beyond St Mark's Square, helping to ease tourist congestion,
- You will pick up some responsible travel tips that will help you to be a greener traveller while you’re in the city
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
Reviews & ratings Small Group Venice Food Tour: Cicchetti and Wine
"We loved this tour! The wine was great and we had a lot of fun interacting with all the people. Francesca was very knowledgeable and we had a good time with her. (...) "
"As we had never visited Venice and wanted to experience true Venetian food and wine took the tour. Highly recommended as learnt alot and tasted some great local food (...) "
"We were told by a friend to do the 5 bar tour and this is what we came across. It was great! Found out lots of interesting stuff about Venice and got to taste good (...) "
"Good pace, Francesca was a great guide! Loved all the food and wine - would definitely recommend doing this! "
"Great taste of Venice along with an insider knowledge. Don’t miss this experience. Knows the locals and they know her. "
"The Venice Food Tour Cicchetti and Wine which we did in May was terrific. Our guide, Ludo, was friendly and knowledgeable, and really made us all feel welcome. We (...) "
"My son and I did this tour the first night we arrived in Venice. Our tour guide Claire (Chiara May be her given name) was upbeat and fun. LOTS of wine and (...) "
"Outstanding tour with our local guide Ludovica (Luda) who was born and raised in Venice. We saw the only really remaining residential area of Venice, and learned (...) "
"Our tour guide, Clair, was fabulous. She provided so much information about Venice that I did not expect to learn on this tour. It was really interesting to see the (...) "
"Claire was amazing. she was sweet, funny and very knowledgeable. she led us through the back streets of Venice where she introduced us to some amazing food and wine, (...) "