Cooking Lesson: From The Market To The Table in FlorenceLearn how to prepare a typical Italian meal from scratch thanks to a professional chef, and impress all your friends and family at home! With (...)
Book your activity now
#1 distributor of train tickets and rail passesWe’ve been by the side of more happy travelers every year as rail’s popularity continues to grow.
The simplicity of one-stop-shoppingThe most complete European train travel offerings including train tickets, rail passes and activities.
European expertsWe’ve made train travel easy and accessible throughout Europe for over 75 years.
Learn how to prepare a real Tuscan meal and gain unique techniques and the best tips to make a perfect Italian meal! First you will visit the Central Market in Florence, here our Chef will help you choose and select the best ingredients which are fundamental to create a top quality meal.
Once you get everything you need you’ll reach the cooking school in central Florence and you'll start your cooking adventure. Our chef will show you how to make fresh pasta from the raw ingredients and you will have the chance to knead it yourself! You will also prepare the Ragù sauce, a ‘bruschetta’ as a starter, and Tiramisù as a dessert! Our chef will show you how to decorate your plate and you will finally have lunch with the amazing dishes you made. At the end of the class you will also get a Participation Certificate signed by the chef, as well as the recipes for the dishes you made. Then you can go home and show off to all your friends and families your great italian cooking skills.
• My Tour in Italy, 50123, Florence Italy
• Piazza del Mercato Centrale, 50136, Florence Italy
• Tuscan Bruschetta - Served with toasted Bread, A selection of Fresh tomatoes, basil, salt pepper and extra-virgin olive oil on top.
• Fresh Pasta - Handmade Pasta, tagliatelle, with ragù sauce (beef).
• Tiramisù - Delicious dessert made with Mascarpone cheese, fresh eggs, coffee and chocolate on top.
- All necessary equipment included
- Lunch included
- Small-group tour
- All necessary ingredients
- Lunch with drinks included (wine or soft drink)
- Visit to the Central Market in Florence with the Chef
- Learn the tips and secrets of the Tuscan cuisine from our local Chef
- Prepare a 3-Course meal
What's NOT inside
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Refundable up to 4 business days prior to the travel date minus a 7% administrative fee.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The cooking lesson operates with small groups
- On Sundays and bank holidays - when the central market is closed – the visit to the market will be skipped.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday - November 1st through March 31st
Reviews & ratings Cooking Lesson: From The Market To The Table in Florence
"Hands-on lesson. Small group, 10 people. Thomas was charming and very informative. Enjoyed our class very much. Recipes were received so I can cook at (...) "
"This cooking class was a wonderful introduction to the Florence market. Our chef and guide gave an informative history of Italian cuisine. The cooking class was fun (...) "
"Perfect sized group so you don't feel like a massive tourist group when you go to the market plus get to know some friendly people, perfect amount of humor and (...) "
"This was well worth the time and money. The market is not a regular tourist stop but was amazing. The food we created as a group was delicious and Julio was a good (...) "
"We really enjoyed this cooking class. We made pasta, bruschetta, and tiramisu. Can't wait to get home and try making pasta at home. "
"Great fun, interesting and educational. The chef was very talented, and managed to inject local colour and history into our lesson. "
"Great class, great shopping trip to market. Wish it was a little more advanced "
"Couldn't ask for more! John W. Atlanta, GA "
"This is a great way to get educated on Italian cooking and eat some delicious food—even better and more fresh than many of the restaurants we ate at during our (...) "
"Great experience! We especially enjoyed making pasta—we may have to get a pasta machine when we get home. Good way to spend part of a day in (...) "