Florence to Tuscan Countryside Small-Group Wine Tasting TourEnjoy an half day small group tour to discover the beauty of the Tuscan wine country. Drive through vineyards, olive groves and cypress trees. (...)
Book your activity now
#1 distributor of train tickets and rail passesWe’ve been by the side of more happy travelers every year as rail’s popularity continues to grow.
The simplicity of one-stop-shoppingThe most complete European train travel offerings including train tickets, rail passes and activities.
European expertsWe’ve made train travel easy and accessible throughout Europe for over 75 years.
Enjoy an unforgettable experience in the Chianti Classico wine country. Depart from Santa Maria Novella Train Station in Florence, and during the 45 minutes trip your driver/guide will give you an introduction about the Tuscan territory and wine culture.
Leaving the highway you’ll immerse yourself in the picturesque Tuscan landscape, with views of one of the most famous areas of the Chianti wine region. At the first estate, a wine expert will be waiting for you and the experience will start with an overview of the farm, followed by detailed explanations about the production process. Along the way, you'll taste three different wines and fresh olive oil.
Since each farm has its own unique technique in producing wine, the second stop will give you the chance to compare them. After the guided visit of the old wine cellars, conclude your experience with tastings of different wines and olive oil, paired with local Tuscan specialties such as cheese, salami, cold cuts, and bruschetta.
Your tour will end with drop-off back at your original departure point.
- Small group ensures personal service
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Small-group tour (max. group size 25 people)
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Free Wi-Fi on board
- Professional and informative English-speaking driver/guide to lead you through the experience
- Guided visit to 2 different wine estate
- Tasting of 3 wines and olive oil at the first winery
- Tasting of 3 wines and olive oil at the second winery paired with local Tuscan specialties (cheese, salami, cured ham and bruschetta)
What's NOT inside
- Hotel pickup/drop-off
- Refundable up to 4 business days prior to the travel date minus a 7% administrative fee.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age to join the tour is 12 years old; infants are not allowed
- Drinking age is 18 years old
- Due to a few stairs to access wine cellars, this tour is not accessible for those using a wheelchair
- Vegetarian & gluteen free, can be accommodated, please advise at time of booking under special requirements.
- Wines tasted: reds typical of the Chianti region ( normally Chianti Classico, Riserva, Super Tuscans, Gran Selezione, etc.).
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Operates rain or shine, please dress appropriately
Reviews & ratings Small-Group Wine Tasting Experience in the Tuscan Countryside
"Leo the bus driver and guide was wonderful. He was entertaining and informative. Both wineries were interesting and pleasant. "
"We loved these 2 wineries and Giovanni our driver was Amazing and very informative!!! Beautiful views and wine was excellent!!! "
"We had an AMAZING time on this tour. I would highly recommend this tour for everyone. It's not too long so you get to have your afternoon free (coming back to (...) "
"Excellent small group tour. Very informative, excellent scenery.Guides excellent and very knowledgeable. "
"Tour guide and driver were great.! Very informative, humorous and fun. Wineries we visited were both great but the second one knocked it out of the park! I bought (...) "
"The wine tasting experience was great. Both wineries put out the welcome mat and answered all questions with a smile. Tour guide was very informed, funny and (...) "
"Would highly recommend this tour of two gorgeous vineyards, no more than 45 minutes away from Florence. Plenty of lovely wine and food. The minibus is definitely a (...) "
"We had a blast on this afternoon tour. Scenery was gorgeous and the wineries we visited were just lovely. We learned a lot, tasted a lot, and met some great folks. (...) "
"Driver was great. wine was awesome at both wineries and had great service. Bought some wine to send to the states "
"This was my first wine tasting. It was different than I expected, as I thought we would learn about the ins and outs of tasting. However, it was still lots of (...) "