Small-Group Tuscany By VespaTake a tour from Florence with a difference - by vespa scooter! It's a fabulous way to tour the Chianti region of Tuscany with beautiful (...)
Book your activity now
#1 distributor of train tickets and rail passesWe’ve been by the side of more happy travelers every year as rail’s popularity continues to grow.
The simplicity of one-stop-shoppingThe most complete European train travel offerings including train tickets, rail passes and activities.
European expertsWe’ve made train travel easy and accessible throughout Europe for over 75 years.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Chianti Road, Italy
With a short ride, you will be taken just outside of the busy and bustling city center to start your Vespa tour
Stop At: Chianti Road, Italy
First you will receive an orientation conducted by an English speaking trained professional, ensuring the safe operation of the Vespas before we head out for our engaging and enjoyable ride (see notes).
A driving test in an enclosed space will be held to understand if everyone has enough confidence and safety on the Vespa to drive on open roads.
The 1 and half hour ride, along scenic country roads will offer splendid views of the rolling hillside, vineyards and olive groves, little medieval churches and ancient wineries. Some stops for photo opportunities will be made along the way.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Tenuta di Nozzole, Via di Nozzole 12 Loc. Passo Dei Pecorai, 50022, Greve in Chianti Italy
Visit of the Cellar
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Diadema Wine - Azienda Vinicola, Via Imprunetana per Tavarnuzze, 19, 50023 Impruneta FI, Italy
Visit of the cellar and wine tasting
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Diadema Cooking School, Viale Aldo Moro, 3, 50023, 50023 Impruneta FI, Italy
Typical Tuscan Meal in a Farmhouse
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
The ride, along scenic country roads will offer splendid views of the rolling hillside, vineyards and olive groves, little medieval churches and ancient wineries. Some stops for photo opportunities will be made along the way.
You will visit a famous winery, producing some of the most appreciated Chianti wines, and a boutique winery, learning their approach on wine making and tasting their delicious wines and olive oil.
End your memorable experience with a typical Tuscan meal that will be served in a Tuscan farmhouse
- Small group tour
- Roundtrip transportation by minivan to/from departure point
- 50cc original Piaggio Vespa
- Typical Tuscan meal
- Wine and olive oil tasting
- Guided tour of 2 wineries and their cellars
- Professional english speaking tour escort
- Minivan support
- Entry/Admission - Tenuta di Nozzole
- Entry/Admission - Diadema Wine - Azienda Vinicola
- Entry/Admission - Diadema Cooking School
What's NOT inside
- Hotel pick up and drop-off
- Refundable up to 4 business days prior to the travel date minus a 7% administrative fee.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- It is recommended to wear comfortable clothing.
- Minimum age is 18 years
- If you want to book multiple vespas (each for sole use with just one rider), please put through single bookings
- A valid driving license is required (although you do not need a motorcycle license), make sure you have it with you on the tour, and you must be at least 18 years of age to drive, at least 13 years to be a passenger
- Previous experience is not required but advantageous and highly advised. The tour operator reserves the right of final judgement in client participation of actual scooter driving or in client being a passenger, or to discontinue scooter use at any point of the tour. Any participant unable to drive scooters safely may ride double with a partner, or on the guide’s scooter if available or continue the tour on board one of our support vehicles (the Tuscany Tuk Tuk or the minivan, depending which is available) if unable to be a safe passenger as well. No refund will be granted in this case. Our first and foremost concern is everyone's safety
- This tour option entitles client to ride the original Piaggio Vespas, but Piaggio Zip scooters (which are lighter and easier to ride) are available
- A third-party insurance for civil liability is included in the price of the tour. Please note that clients will be given the option to subscribe an additional insurance against vehicle damages
- Please let us know in advance any special need or impaired mobility of the clients, and we will do our best to accommodate them
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- RAIN POLICY: The tour runs rain or shine (but please see below). The tour departure will never be cancelled due to rain. We will do our best to proceed with the tour, avoiding the rain and thus possibly carrying out the tour with our minivan until and if the rain should stop and street conditions will guarantee a safe ride. If it does not stop raining, the entire tour will be conducted in the safety and comfort of the minivan. Guest options on rainy days: 1) Proceed with the tour hoping for clearing weather – PARTIAL RIDE or NO RIDE due to heavy RAIN Customers can decide to proceed with the tour hoping for clearing weather with the understanding that if scooters are not ridden at all due to rain, or if the Vespa tour is dramatically abbreviated due to rain, customers will NOT be granted any refund or discount. We will do our best to get you on a scooter, weather permitting. 2) Rain check (of the same amount clients paid) to be used the following day or at any other time, subject to availability. The Rain check is a voucher given to client. The voucher is transferable and may be sold or given to others to use at a future date and lasts up to 1 year from date. It has a value that can be possible used in any other tour provided by our company. Please note that clients' safety and comfort are of utmost priority, and proper rain gear is mandatory for guests choosing to "ride in the rain". We ask clients to be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour departure, to check the weather conditions and choose accordingly. No-shows will not be refunded.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
2: Florencetown - Booking Office, Piazza Mentana, 2, 50122 Firenze FI, Italy
Reviews & ratings Small-Group Tuscany By Vespa
"We had a great time on this tour during our recent visit to Florence. The team, Johnny and Claudia, were so hospitable, informative and fun. Claudia was so patient (...) "
"Loved this tour ! I do recommend clients are told to wear closed toe shoes. We did the tour in September and the ride back was so chilly so bring a sweatshirt. Felt (...) "
"This was one of our favorite activities that we did while in Italy. The staff was very kind and fun! Such a beautiful area to ride and see the (...) "
"Excellent tour. Everything was pretty well organized and comfortable. The tour guides Olimpia and Letitia kept everyone entertained and they were very careful with (...) "
"Cant recommend this tour highly enough...just do it! "
"Super fun way to see Tuscany! We met some great friends along the way! "
"Absolutely amazing! This is one of the best things I have done on any trip abroad! So much fun! "
"We really enjoyed our afternoon! Can't say enough about the scenery, guides and afternoon lunch/dinner. Would highly recommend this day (...) "
"DONT MISS THIS TOUR. IT ROCKS! "
"Great, but more wineries next time. "