The Charcuterie Museum: Private Tour and Tasting from BolognaEnjoy a splendid gourmet experience and discover the world famous Parma ham. You'll not only visit its museum (the "MUSA"), but also have the (...)
Book your activity now
#1 distributor of train tickets and rail passesWe’ve been by the side of more happy travelers every year as rail’s popularity continues to grow.
The simplicity of one-stop-shoppingThe most complete European train travel offerings including train tickets, rail passes and activities.
European expertsWe’ve made train travel easy and accessible throughout Europe for over 75 years.
If you're visiting Bologna and are passionate about authentic Italian food and wine culture, then this is an experience you can't miss. You must have heard about (and tasted) the famous Parma Ham before, but here is an opportunity to know where it, how it got the DOP (in English, PDO: protected designation of origin) label for its unique taste and production techniques and, most importantly, tast the real and authentic version of this amazing 'prosciutto crudo'.
Get on-board this tour and you'll discover all the secrets of this amazing product, which you will of course taste together with other typical products and a glass of a delicious local wine.
Before the tasting, you'll enjoy a guided tour of the "MUSA". the Charcuterie Museum. Three floors entirely dedicated to one of the arts that has indelibly marked the gastronomic culture of Italy, where you will learn about the flavors and skills that have always filled our tables, interspersed with images, videos, and descriptive texts with stories and anecdotes of individual products. There's also an exhibition of antique machinery and other historical artefacts used for processing, and the raw materials such as spices and flavorings used during processing.
- Guided tour of the MUSA, the "Museo della Salumeria" (museum of Charcuterie)
- Tasting of Prosciutto Crudo di Parma DOP together with other local products and a glass of wine
- Private round-trip from Bologna
What's NOT inside
- Refundable up to 4 business days prior to the travel date minus a 7% administrative fee.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- The duration of the transfer is approximately 1 hour each way (the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions)