Private tour of Bologna with a local guideThrough this walking tour led by an expert local guide, you will have the chance to visit one of the most beautiful (and rich in history) cities (...)
Book your activity now
#1 distributor of train tickets and rail passesWe’ve been by the side of more happy travelers every year as rail’s popularity continues to grow.
The simplicity of one-stop-shoppingThe most complete European train travel offerings including train tickets, rail passes and activities.
European expertsWe’ve made train travel easy and accessible throughout Europe for over 75 years.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Piazza Maggiore, Bologna Italy
The itinerary starts with Piazza Maggiore and its civic palaces...
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Fontana del Nettuno, Piazza del Nettuno, 40124 Bologna Italy
See the famous Fountain of Neptune, with the precious late Renaissance sculptures by Giambologna...
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Basilica di San Petronio, Piazza Maggiore, 40124 Bologna Italy
Visit the gothic Basilica of San Petronio (on the façade, sculptures by the Sienese artist Jacopo della Quercia)...
Duration: 25 minutes
Pass By: Portico del Pavaglione, Via dell'Archiginnasio, Bologna Italy
Walkmalong the Pavaglione Portico and its elegant shops...
Pass By: Mercato di Mezzo, Via Rizzoli 9 Quadrilatero area, 40125 Bologna Italy
Through the picturesque alleys of the Mercato di Mezzo, the old market, and its fabulous food shops you'll get to the lovely Square of Santo Stefano...
Stop At: Basilica - Santuario di Santo Stefano, Via Santo Stefano 24, 40125 Bologna Italy
Explore the complex of Santo Stefano also called the “Jerusalem of Bologna” or “The Seven Churches”, a group of small Romanesque churches...
Duration: 25 minutes
Walking along the Pavaglione Portico and its elegant shops, you'll reach the 16th-century Archiginnasio Palace, the old University building, decorated with about 6.000 coats of arms of students.
Through the picturesque alleys of the Mercato di Mezzo, the old market, and its fabulous food shops you'll get to the lovely Square of Santo Stefano, with the complex of Santo Stefano also called the “Jerusalem of Bologna” or “The Seven Churches”, a group of small Romanesque churches.
- Local guide
- Private tour
What's NOT inside
- Entrance fees (in case you decide to visit any particular churches/palaces/museums)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Refundable up to 4 business days prior to the travel date minus a 7% administrative fee.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please note that this tour does not include entrance to sites which require an entrance fee (in case you decide to visit the interiors too)
- The tour will take place even when it's raining. In the event of an exceptionally heavy rain the tour may be cancelled and you will be given a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate