Hamburg Hop-On Hop-Off Tour and Lake Alster CruiseSee the best of Hamburg on an easy and convenient hop-on hop-off tour, including two cruises – a harbor cruise and a panoramic sightseeing cruise (...)
Book your activity now
#1 distributor of train tickets and rail passesWe’ve been by the side of more happy travelers every year as rail’s popularity continues to grow.
The simplicity of one-stop-shoppingThe most complete European train travel offerings including train tickets, rail passes and activities.
European expertsWe’ve made train travel easy and accessible throughout Europe for over 75 years.
Set your own itinerary and explore Hamburg at your own pace. The hop-on hop-off bus tour allows you to simply hop off at the stop you want and return to any stop to continue your tour! Board one of the red double-decker buses at any of the available stops, and begin your sightseeing adventure, hopping off at Town Hall Square, the main train station or at any other stop on the route. Your hop-on hop-off ticket is valid for one day.
Then, get another perspective of Hamburg on your included one-hour harbor sightseeing cruise with English commentary (April to October only). The boat leaves daily from the landing piers of the Hamburg port. Cruise along Hamburg's picturesque warehouse district to Hamburg's Harbor City, one of Europe's biggest urban development projects with the new concert hall, Elbphilharmonie, built on the roof of a storehouse. Sit back and relax while you enjoy these architectural highlights of Hamburg.
When you’re back on land, head out on another sightseeing cruise! Your included one-hour Lake Alster cruise leaves from the Jungfernstieg Passage in central Hamburg, only a short walk from Town Hall Square. The boat will take you along the shoreline of Hamburg's inner-city lake, lined with impressive villas and beautiful garden areas. Multi-lingual audio commentary is available on board (English, French, Spanish).
Enjoy a fish appetizer at Tom & Konsorten in the HafenCity next to the Elbphilharmonie.
Your sightseeing tickets are valid for three consecutive days, but you can take each tour only once.
See the Itinerary section below for a full list of hop-on hop-off tour stops.
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Live commentary on board (German) / Audio Guide commentary ( English, Spanish, Russian, Mandarin, French, Japanese, Danish, Italian, Arabic)
- 1-hour harbor cruise with English commentary (April to October only)
- 1-hour Lake Alster cruise with multi-lingual audio-guide
- a fish appetizer at Tom & Konsorten in the HafenCity
Hop On Off Tour Stops - Departure Main Train Station
• Main train station - Kirchenallee
• Holzdamm - Hotel Atlantik
• Fonteney - Hotel Intercontinental
• Moorweidenstrasse - Hotel Elysee
• Marseiller Strabe - Hotel SAS Plaza
• Bei den Kirchenhofen
• Dammtorstrasse - Hotel Oper
• Esplanade - Hotel Baseler Hof
• Neuer Jungfernstieg - Hotel Four Seasons
• Town hall square
• Rodingsmarkt - Hotel Steigenberger
• St Michaelis Church
• Seewartenstrasse - Hotel Hafen Hamburg
• St. Pauli Fishmarket
• Port landing piers 1-2 (departure harbor cruise)
• Auf dem Sande
• Tube Steinstrasse
• Main train station - Spitalerstrasse
What's NOT inside
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Refundable up to 4 business days prior to the travel date minus a 7% administrative fee.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Winter: 01.01. - 05.04. täglich um 10:30, 12:00, 13:30, 15:00 Uhr
Hauptsaison: 06.04. - 06.10. 10:00 bis 18:00 Uhr, halbstündlich
Nachsaison: 07.10. - 31.10. 10:00, 11:00 bis 16:00 halbstündlich, 17:00 Uhr
Winter: 01.11. - 31.12. täglich um 10:30, 12:00, 13:30, 15:00, 16:00, 16:30, 17:30, 18.00 Uhr
Reviews & ratings Essential Hamburg Combo: Hop-on Hop-off Tour, Cruise and Lake Alster
"One of the highlights of our holiday. A great city to visit and look around. "
"Lake Alster was really nice. Very peaceful and relaxing. Hamburg is really nice city. I would recommend to go there if you are in (...) "
"You should tell us where to board the bus and which "Hop On / Hop Off line the ticket is good for. "
"We really enjoyed our tour of Hamburg with this package and the Hop on/Hop off bus tour guides were exceptional. However, were VERY disappointed with the supposedly (...) "
"We enjoyed the harbour cruise. It was a very good look at the shipping industry up close. We used the head set on the Lake Alster cruise but could still hear (loud (...) "
"Only fault was the Lake Alster tour which was only in German and we didn't know what or where were were looking at! "
"Overall good. Hop on hop of buss would be better if they used multi language head sets like lake Alster cruise used. The harbour cruise was (...) "
"We were disappointed with this tour. I think we were the only English speaking people on the bus and thus very little dialog was given for us. In another language we (...) "
"We enjoy Hop-ON Hop-OFF bus tours in about every city we have traveled to. These tours are excellent for providing an quick overview of the highlights of the city. (...) "
"Great option. The harbor cruise was interesting. The bus was good but the stops did not match the map given. we had to walk much further than expected to get back to (...) "