Small-Group 80 minute Bath Walking Tour and Avon River CruiseGet a unique perspective of this World Heritage city from the river and on foot. This 80-minute small-group tour combines a boat with a walking (...)
Book your activity now
#1 distributor of train tickets and rail passesWe’ve been by the side of more happy travelers every year as rail’s popularity continues to grow.
The simplicity of one-stop-shoppingThe most complete European train travel offerings including train tickets, rail passes and activities.
European expertsWe’ve made train travel easy and accessible throughout Europe for over 75 years.
Meet at Bath Quays on the riverside in central Bath. Be greeted by your skipper and guide to start this unique land and water tour of the World Heritage city.
Cruise for 30 minutes along the Avon River, taking in sights such as the Half Penny Bridge, St. John's Church, Bath Abbey, Parade Gardens, Pulteney Bridge, the Weir and the Mill.
The short walking tour will take under an hour, designed to give you an overview of Bath's rich history and orientate you with the city. The tour includes the main sights of the Roman Baths, The Abbey, Guildhall, the Ancient City Wall, the Theatre Royal, and Queens Square.
This tour is ideal for those who are looking for an informed, leisurely overview of the city. The total combined tour is approximately 80/90 minutes in duration and will provide plenty of signposting to allow you to explore the city on your own and make the most effective use of your time.
Being short this is ideal for families with children and there is a kids quiz to help keep them interested on the walking tour.
We have a licenced bar on our small 12 person all weather traditional cruiser, so during this part you can relax with a prosecco or another drink from our hot and cold drinks collection.
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Get inside tips from a local
- Live commentary onboard
- Sightseeing river cruise
What's NOT inside
- Drinks, available to purchase on the river trip
- Entrance fees. Given the short nature of this tour there will not be any internal visits. These can be explored later in your own time.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- There are no toilets on the boat trip.
- Non-exchangeable, non-refundable.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- A maximum of 10 people per booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
Reviews & ratings Small-Group 80 minute Bath Walking Tour and Avon River Cruise
"In spite of the fact that it was very hot and busy that day, we enjoyed our tour. It gave us an overview of the history of the city and our guides we're both very (...) "
"Great boat cruise Captain Paul excellent City tour with Emily very informative for overview of city Would highly recommend "
"We had a good time. It was a nice informative tour. "
"enjoyable short boat trip down the Avon which allows you to see Bath from a different perspective. Walk was interesting although obviously in the time allowed you (...) "