River Avon Cruise from BathThis lunchtime river cruise in a 60's cosy traditional cruiser from central Bath on the River Avon, taking in the historical sights of Pulteney (...)
Book your activity now
#1 distributor of train tickets and rail passesWe’ve been by the side of more happy travelers every year as rail’s popularity continues to grow.
The simplicity of one-stop-shoppingThe most complete European train travel offerings including train tickets, rail passes and activities.
European expertsWe’ve made train travel easy and accessible throughout Europe for over 75 years.
You will travel on the river Avon from Bath, first up stream to see the historic sights including Pulteney Bridge and Bath Abbey before heading downstream through the historic industrial area and to the outskirts of the countryside with the opportunity to see the riverside wildlife on this relaxing cruise.
Your destination, The Locksbrook Inn, which first opened in 1738 to provide refreshments to the men pulling the barges. It is a friendly and relaxed riverside pub offering the ideal place to relax, eat, drink and chat, out of the buzzing town centre. We will make a reservation inside for you but on arrival you can choose to sit outside. The menu has a great selection of food to choose from, beers and wines. Please note: the lunch is not included in the price.
You will leave the departure point at 11.30am promptly, arriving at the Locksbrook Inn at 12 midday. You will return to the boat at 2pm arriving back in central Bath by 2.30pm. A range of drink are available onboard to purchase including Tea, Coffee, Prosecco, Wine, Beer, Gin & Tonic, and soft drinks.
The 1960's traditional cruiser has a cozy capacity of 10 passengers and you can relax in the saloon or join the skipper in the cockpit, where the roof will be open on sunny days and on cooler days you will be kept warm and cozy with a real stove fire in the saloon. Your skipper will be pleased to tell you more about the history and the river as you cruise.
- Exclusive to Viator
- Ideal choice for families
- Small-group tour
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Romantic experience, perfect for couples
- Entry/Admission - River Avon
What's NOT inside
- Lunch & Drinks at the Pub
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Drinks (available to purchase)
- Non-exchangeable, non-refundable.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Subject to favourable river conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late arrival or if travelers do not return to the boat in time for the return journey. Tours depart promptly.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are less than 2 people on the tour, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
Reviews & ratings Lunchtime River Cruise on the River Avon from Bath
"On a nice sunny day this can be a nice relaxing trip down (or up) the River Avon getting a chance to see some of the riverside history.Quite a pleasant experience (...) "
"Excellent little trip, lovely crew who were very friendly and informative, such a sweet boat with a cosy interior on a bit of a dismal day, many (...) "
"very pleasant crew, nice relaxing journey and a nice meal at the boathouse pub "
"A brilliant trip and highly recommended, very relaxing and lovely staff. You could do as much or as little as you wanted including helping to open and close the lock (...) "
"Lovely trip. Service at the boathouse was a little slow on our particular day but it was a great meal. Well worth visiting "
"The tour was well worth the money, lunch was lovely, and as stated was in addition to the cost of the tour, but they had a menu on the boat and rang ahead with our (...) "
"great tour, great Captain and crew. I would highly recommend this trip. Even my British family who had been to bath before loved (...) "
"Really enjoyable trip with informative skipper. Bit rushed for lunch and need eagle eye to find start point on dock. Overall a relaxing and smooth trip. Even got to (...) "
"Difficulty locating the meeting point. Captain came to find us! Nice added service. Very pleasant boat ride. Really enjoyed the pub food. We were blessed with (...) "
"This was a great couple of hours on the river Avon, the skipper and host were friendly informative and the boat very neat and clean. Had a lovely lunch at the (...) "