The Yorkshire Dales Tour from WindermereExplores the very best of the Yorkshire Dales in one day! Discover the dramatic limestone valleys and emerald countryside of the Yorkshire Dales (...)
Book your activity now
#1 distributor of train tickets and rail passesWe’ve been by the side of more happy travelers every year as rail’s popularity continues to grow.
The simplicity of one-stop-shoppingThe most complete European train travel offerings including train tickets, rail passes and activities.
European expertsWe’ve made train travel easy and accessible throughout Europe for over 75 years.
Explore the best of the Yorkshire Dales. You drive through quaint village of Sedbergh and head up to see the famous Settle to Carlisle Railway and the spectacular viaduct.
You venture down into Wensleydale and Hardraw before descending into Swaledale through the valley to the small market town of Reeth for lunch.
Your next stop is Bolton Castle in which Mary, Queen of Scots was imprisoned before our journey up the valley to the spectacular Aysgarth Waterfalls, which is famous for scene from Robin Hood Prince of thieves.
From here you make you way to Hawes for a stop before continuing into the lovely village of Dent, famous for the Dent knitters and brewery. You complete our journey back to Windermere via Kirkby Lonsdale.
- Small-group tour by minibus
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Instant Confirmation
Discover the dramatic limestone valleys and emerald countryside of the Yorkshire Dales National Park tour from Windermere. Travel with ease from the Lake District and visit the quaint villages in Swaledale and Wensleydale (famed for its cheese) and Bolton Castle, in which Mary Queen of Scots was imprisoned. See too, Aysgarth Falls and the cobbled streets of Hawes.
- Transport in a small mini-coach
- On-board commentary in English
- Entry/Admission - Bolton Castle
What's NOT inside
- Food & drink
- Additional Entrance fees
- Drivers gratuity (Optional)
- Refundable up to 4 business days prior to the travel date minus a 7% administrative fee.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be 5 years or older
- Confirmation is received at the time of booking
- There will be a designated lunch stop where you’ll be able to purchase lunch
- There are toilet stops on route
- Minimal walking is involved
- Our vehicles are not currently wheelchair accessible
- Luggage storage is available at the Windermere Information departure location
- Seats cannot be reserved
- Each passenger must have their own seat
Other pickups at Bowness Pier (08:55am) and Kelswick Road Ambleside (08.40am).