St. Mark’s Basilica and Doge’s Palace Skip-the-Line PrivateThis private tour is perfect for those who want to start understanding the history of Venice, its political system and its artistic splendor. (...)
Book your activity now
#1 distributor of train tickets and rail passesWe’ve been by the side of more happy travelers every year as rail’s popularity continues to grow.
The simplicity of one-stop-shoppingThe most complete European train travel offerings including train tickets, rail passes and activities.
European expertsWe’ve made train travel easy and accessible throughout Europe for over 75 years.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Colonna di San Marco e San Teodoro, Piazza San Marco, 31024 Venice Italy
Meet your guide at the column with a lion on the top
Stop At: Basilica di San Marco, Piazza San Marco 328, 30124 Venice Italy
Skip the long line to get inside the Basilica, you will have the chance to admire its golden mosaics and learn the history of its architecture and decorations from your professional guide.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Doge's Palace, Piazza San Marco, 1, 30124 Venice Italy
the former site of the Venetian government, and have a preferential entrance into the building. Here your professional guide will walk you through important institutional rooms of the Doge’s Palace, where you will see the masterpieces painted by Titian, Tintoretto and Veronese.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Ponte dei Sospiri, Piazza San Marco, 1, 31024 Venice Italy
Pass through the famous Sights bridge and learn why it was called like this
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Tour is wheelchair accessible
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Multiple departure times and locations available
- Professional art historian guide
- Private tour
What's NOT inside
- Entrance fees to Doge's Palace (20€ for adult and 12€ for children between 6-14) paid at the entrance by cash or credit card
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Refundable up to 4 business days prior to the travel date minus a 7% administrative fee.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Child under 18 old must provide valid ID to have reduced price to museums
- Pictures inside the St Mark’s Basilica is not allowed and Doge’s Palace allowed only if flash is off
- Food and drinks are not allowed in the museums or churches
- Please specify at time of booking what time you want to start your tour
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Tickets to the Doge's Palace are not included, but you skip the line at the entrance and pay them on spot
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Reviews & ratings Skip the Line: St Mark’s Basilica and Doge’s Palace Private Tour
"My guide met me at the column w/ the lion on top and took me through the Doge's palace first. Then we went to the church. She was a font of information and I was (...) "
"Great tour with Monica. Had the family and kids in tow and the rest of the family. The personal private guide was the way to go!!!! "
"We learned so much for our incredible guide. I was hanging on to every word she said. We learned so much history and about the workings of the government and its (...) "
"Fabulous tour with a guide who is engaging, knowledgeable, well spoken and entertaining. Overall, worth every cent of the cost. "
"Monica was our tour guide and she was most engaging. She knew the answers to any question I asked her. She had personal stories that was very relative to the Dodge's (...) "
"Wir hatten eine perfekte Reiseleiterin. Ihre Informationen waren wirklich interessant. Kann man nur empfehlen. "
"We are so glad to have booked this as a private tour for just four of us. Venice is ALWAYS crowded during the day and especially when there are 4 or 5 cruise ships (...) "
"Guide was very knowledgeable and informative. Skipping all of the lines particularly into ST. Marks was well worth it. "
"Due to the incredible crowds, both of these tours were very difficult. It was hard to move around. Our guide did her best to move us to areas that were quiet and she (...) "
"It was not a skip the line tour during our trip. First we have to wait in line to get the ticket for Doge’s Palace and then another line to get in. The line for St. (...) "