Venice Skip-the-Line: Doges Palace and St Marks, Canal CruiseExperience the highlights of Venice on a full-day sightseeing tour that combines three best-selling Venice tours at a discount of ten percent! (...)
Book your activity now
#1 distributor of train tickets and rail passesWe’ve been by the side of more happy travelers every year as rail’s popularity continues to grow.
The simplicity of one-stop-shoppingThe most complete European train travel offerings including train tickets, rail passes and activities.
European expertsWe’ve made train travel easy and accessible throughout Europe for over 75 years.
This Super Saver gives you two options for the length of your tour day. Both options include a Doge's Palace tour that starts at 9am, and then you can choose to have free time to enjoy the city or to go straight to your next tour to finish your day of touring an hour earlier
See the 'View additional info' link below for a map of the start point for your first tour.
Skip the Line: Doge's Palace Tour (2 hours):
Meet your guide at the entrance to the Royal Gardens in Venice and stroll to Doge's Palace, the magnificent Venetian-Gothic building from where the leaders of the former Venetian Republic ruled until the late-18th century. Head inside and explore the grandiose public chambers that the doges lavished with fine art and ornamentation. Masterpieces by Renaissance champions Tintoretto and Veronese adorn the walls and ceilings, framing the palace’s grand staircases and arcade statues.
Learn about the doges as you walk around, and hear of the power and treachery that characterized their reign. Ruling the republic with iron fists, the doges established a network of prisons at the palace so they could keep a close eye on their foes. Wander across the Bridge of Sighs, built to connect the palace to the prisons, and pose for photos against the backdrop of the palace. Your walking tour then finishes outside the palace.
Skip the Line: Venice Walking Tour with St Mark’s Basilica (2 hours):
Leave St Mark’s Square and set off on your walking tour to discover Venice’s highlights and its top attractions. Soak up the hustle and bustle of St Mark’s Square, and head inside St Mark’s Basilica to admire its interiors. Marvel at the marble floors and ogle the gilded mosaics that blanket the walls and ceilings. The canopy over the high altar dazzles with gold and gems, and the treasury room holds an array of Crusader spoils plundered from the ancient city of Constantinople.
Head out of the basilica and discover the canal walkways and pretty bridges that typify the city. Learn of legendary Venetians such as Marco Polo with his globe-trotting adventures and other famous landmarks. After two hours, your tour finishes near Rialto Bridge.
Venice Grand Canal Boat Tour (1 hour):
Hop aboard your small motorboat at the water’s edge near St Mark’s Square, and then cruise around Venice’s impressive Grand Canal. The busiest stretch of water is also the city’s most photogenic, and the Baroque churches and gondola stations that line the water provide elegant photo opportunities.
As you cruise through the Grand Canal, learn about the city, its beautiful architecture and buildings from your guide. Pass Gothic palaces and churches, hear stories about Rialto Bridge and medieval merchants warehouses, and explore the lesser-visited canals that comprise Venice’s atmospheric backstreets. After an hour on the water, cruise back to the start point.
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Led by a local guide
- Skip the line
- Professional guide
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Headset to hear the guide clearly
- Entry/Admission - Ponte dei Sospiri
- Entry/Admission - Basilica di San Marco
- Entry/Admission - Doge's Palace
- Entry/Admission - Scala dei Giganti di Palazzo Ducale
- Entry/Admission - Palazzo delle Prigioni
- Entry/Admission - Porta Della Carta
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's NOT inside
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Refundable up to 4 business days prior to the travel date minus a 7% administrative fee.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Large bags and rucksacks are not allowed inside St Mark's Basilica
- At certain times it may not be possible to enter any of the visited churches due to religious functions taking place. These closures are beyond our control so no refunds or discounts will be issued
- Please note: due to Lent religious observance St. Mark’s Basilica will remain closed and no visiting will be permitted on all Saturdays and Sundays from February 2016 until Easter 2016 included. All tours including the Basilica will operate as scheduled but guides will provide a detailed explanation of Basilica’s history, architecture and its treasures from the outside and wherever possible will bring visual aids (either books or pictures or Ipad) to allow the customers to view the interior of the church
- In condition of high water, St Mark’s Basilica Skip the line entrance will remain closed
- Skip the line tickets to St Mark’s basilica are valid from 1st April until 31st October – From 1st November to 31st March due to less affluence to St Mark’s Basilica, this service is not provided by the church to all operators and individual travellers
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
Reviews & ratings Best of Venice Tour with St Mark’s Basilica,Doge’s Palace & Grand Canal
"Very well organized tour of the three areas. Our tour guide, Christina, was well informed and did an excellent job of informing us of St Mark's and the palace. The (...) "
"Both tour guides - both named Christina - were fantastic! Great info, pace and provided other good tips. "
"Excellent experienced. Would do again "
"Andrea did a wonderful and informative job in his tour and description of the palace and the Doges who occupied this seat of government. He was very enthusiastic and (...) "
"This was a fun fact filled tour of the Doges Palace and gave us a good idea of what Venice was about. "
"We thoroughly enjoyed this full day tour of Venice. As a matter of fact, the Doge's palace was our favorite attraction of the whole trip. Stephanya was very (...) "
"Very informative and fun tour! The tour guide is very knowledgeable on the things that they shared and they are very friendly and (...) "
"This full day tour was a great way to see and learn about Venice. Would totally recommend as you check off a tour of Doge's palace, St. Mark's Basilica, a walking (...) "
"Wonderful experience!!! All three tours were exciting Out tour guides were very good and well informed The boat tour at the end was so exciting in such a hot day in (...) "
"Our tour guide was an expert and provided details in perfect English. We received the tour experience better than described in details. "