Venice Doge's Palace Skip-the-Line Admission Ticket and TourSkip the lines at the iconic Doge’s Palace in Venice and uncover its highlights and secrets on a 2-hour tour. Walk right past the main entrance (...)
Book your activity now
#1 distributor of train tickets and rail passesWe’ve been by the side of more happy travelers every year as rail’s popularity continues to grow.
The simplicity of one-stop-shoppingThe most complete European train travel offerings including train tickets, rail passes and activities.
European expertsWe’ve made train travel easy and accessible throughout Europe for over 75 years.
Meet your guide at the entrance to the Royal Gardens in Venice and stroll to Doge's Palace, the majestic Venetian-Gothic building from where the leaders of the former Venetian Republic ruled until the late 18th century.
Plug into your provided headset to ensure you can hear your guide’s commentary clearly, and then, with your skip-the-line ticket, bypass the main entrance queues and head inside. Begin by exploring the grandiose public chambers, whose walls are studded with masterpieces by Renaissance artists Tintoretto and Veronese.
See Juno Bestowing her Gifts on Venice, a vibrant ceiling panel in the Trial Chambers of the Council of Ten, and the slot where accusations of treason were passed to Venice’s feared secret service. Learn, too, about the extravagant doges and hear of the power and treachery that characterized their reign.
Then, wander across the world-famous Bridge of Sighs, which was built to connect the palace to the network of prisons established by the doges so they could keep a close eye on their foes. Look out over the historical waterways and pose for photos.
End your tour with a walk around the eerie New Prisons before bidding your guide a fond farewell outside the palace.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Entry/Admission - Doge's Palace
What's NOT inside
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Refundable up to 4 business days prior to the travel date minus a 7% administrative fee.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
1pm: from November 17, 2014 until March 08, 2015
Reviews & ratings Doge's Palace & Prisons Ticket and Tour
"Tour as described. Excellent meeting directions. A must see in Venice. Well worth the time and visit. "
"Very nice tour but group was too large. We had 24 and there were a lot of personal issues within the group that took away from flow of (...) "
"Amazing tour! "
"A must-see in Venice. "
"Perfect way to see the palace "
"Fantastic tour! Perfect size very informative. Highly recommend. "
"Our guide was wonderful and gave us all the details that we would have never known if we went on our own. Highly recommended! "
"Very nice tour. Interesting. "
"Wonderful! our guide was excellent. Very good English and very knowledgable. I loved the pace too. not too fast since I had my elderly parents with (...) "
"This tour was amazing and our guide very informative. We had the opportunity to remain after thee tour to soend more time if we (...) "