Grand Canal by Gondola with commentaryA magnificent promenade in gondola with commentary along the romantic venetian waterways and the imposing Grand Canal! The expert gondoliers will (...)
Book your activity now
#1 distributor of train tickets and rail passesWe’ve been by the side of more happy travelers every year as rail’s popularity continues to grow.
The simplicity of one-stop-shoppingThe most complete European train travel offerings including train tickets, rail passes and activities.
European expertsWe’ve made train travel easy and accessible throughout Europe for over 75 years.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Teatro La Fenice, Campo San Fantin San Marco 1965, 30124 Venice Italy
Once one of 7 major theatres in the city, today the Fenice is Venice’s one and only opera house. It is surely a jewel among European theatres, and began to shine from the beginning, as the best composers of the age wrote and performed their operas here, among which Bellini, Donizetti and Rossini. But it was Giuseppe Verdi who is most attached to the Fenice and to Venetian memory.
Pass By: Canal Grande, 30100 Venice Italy
The most beautiful road in the world”, this is how the Grand Canal is known as. Gondola serenades have always been part of Venetian culture, an unchanged tradition for an unchageable city. If you look around, what you will see is almost exactly what a nobleman in the 18th century might have looked upon, and before him a Renaissance courtesan and before him a merchant in the Middle Ages.
Pass By: Basilica di Santa Maria della Salute, Campo de la Salute Dorsoduro 1, 30123 Venice Italy
Here, as you come into the Grand Canal you are opened to the church of the Madonna della Salute.
The first thing that strikes a viewer is how imposing the church is, strategically placed at the entrance of the Grand Canal looking out onto the rest of the city in every direction, thanks to its circular shape.
Today, ever 21 November the city celebrates the Madonna della Salute in memory of the end of the plague
Pass By: Isola San Giorgio Maggiore, 30133 Venice Italy
The Island of san Giorgio Maggiore, with its beautiful Renaissance Church built by Palladio in the Renaissance and the belltower resembling the bigger one in St Mark’s Square. The island was once known as the Island of Cypress Trees before it became an important Benedectine monastery.
Pass By: Piazza San Marco, 31024 Venice Italy
At the end you will enjoy a wonderful overview of Saint Mark’s Square with the Doge’s Palace which certainly takes center stage and the marvelous Golden Basilica with its bell-tower. This is a spot which painters from all over the world have tried to capture in its uniqueness, but we can only recommend that you sit back and take it all in.
- Skip the line
- Small-group tour
The expert gondoliers will drive you along Venice hidden passages and canals reachable only by gondola, admiring the breathtaking Venetian landscape.
Pass beneath centuries-old bridges and take in famous attractions such as St Marks' Bell Tower, Fenice Opea House, Santa Maria Della Salute Church, San Giorgio Island and much more. As in fairytale you’ll discover the real of soul of Venice
The only gondola tour with commentary: a mobile-guide which will explain the magnificent palaces and attractions around you!
- SKIP THE LINE
- Approximately 30 minute gondola ride
- Multilingual assistance for embarking
- Map with description of attractions
- Mobile app with audio-commentary to download on your mobile
What's NOT inside
- Hotel pickup
- Audio devices
- Refundable up to 4 business days prior to the travel date minus a 7% administrative fee.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Each gondola can host maximum 6 people; the seat aboard cannot be chosen but will be assigned by the gondolier depending of guests weight.
- The Gondola Ride does not operate in case of exceptionally bad weather or high/low tide (in these cases it can be postponed the days after otherwise it will be refunded)
- The itinerary may change in the event of wind or bad weather
- Free under 2 years ONLY if child does not occupy an own seat
- The mobile app is supported by the followed system: Apple: from IOS 8; IPhone, Ipad and Ipod Touch Android: from the 4.1 version system
- This tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities.
- The tour is not private but the tour could be shared with guests not belonging to the same party
- The staff at the meeting point will provide you the commentary by app or brochure
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
Tour does not operate in case of exceptionally bad weather or local gondolier's strike
Reviews & ratings Grand Canal by Gondola with commentary
"Great deal! Definitely recommend booking online! The meeting place and guide was easy to locate "
"This tour was just ok for the price. The gondola driver did not speak at all during the 30 minutes around or tell us about any of what we where seeing. There was no (...) "
"Was a little confusion as to where to go to get our particular Gondola. Was a lot shorter than I expected and there was no narration. I would have like to know the (...) "
"Too many Gondolas in the water almost running into each other. The driver spent most of the time talking to another driver during the (...) "
"We arrived 15 minutes early to make sure we were on time to check in. We were told that we were early and come back in 15 minutes. We stayed in the area and at our (...) "
"6 people in a boat designed for 4 and the tour is just a short ride. Save your money and work with a independent and go in the evening "
"the trip was just short of 30 minutes, the trajectory was interesting and the gondoloa super clean. however, the price of the ticket ( 165 for a party of five) is (...) "
"Had some difficulty locating correct provider. They're all over the place and lots of places have signage identifying themselves as gondola docks. Finally found the (...) "
"this could be a great excursion except you are placed with strangers and there is no narrative from the Gondala pilots "
"not as good as expected wont do it again "