Traditional Home Cooking Experience in BolognaDiscover the old food market and learn the secrets of Bolognese cuisine at a local's home. Watch and learn all about how tortellini are prepared (...)
Book your activity now
#1 distributor of train tickets and rail passesWe’ve been by the side of more happy travelers every year as rail’s popularity continues to grow.
The simplicity of one-stop-shoppingThe most complete European train travel offerings including train tickets, rail passes and activities.
European expertsWe’ve made train travel easy and accessible throughout Europe for over 75 years.
Bologna is the true Italian 'foodie' capital, renowned worldwide for its cuisine. It is the home town of mortadella, tagliatelle, ragu' and, above all, super delicious tortellini.
Of course, true tortellini are home-made. For this very reason you are invited to a special tortellini preparation viewing session at a local’s home. Here you will learn the secrets of the traditional cuisine.
After the viewing session, and for an additional fee of 10 Euro’s per person, you will have the option to visit a unique restaurant located in a beautiful historical palazzo. While here you can eat a delicious dish of 'tortellini' with a glass of local red wine. Please advise your local guide ahead of time if you wish partake in this opportunity.
- Led by a local guide
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
Before the session, you will enjoy a delightful walk around the city center and through the narrow cobblestone streets of the old food market, then a stroll around Piazza Maggiore, the real soul of the city.
- Local expert guide
- Tour in Bologna city center
- Home cooking lesson and show
- Alcoholic Beverages - Wine and beverages
What's NOT inside
- Hotel pick-up
- Hotel drop-off
- Refundable up to 4 business days prior to the travel date minus a 7% administrative fee.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Visit an old 'Osteria' (restaurant) for an additional fee of 10 eur per person to eat a delicious dish of 'tortellini' with a glass of local red wine. Please advise your local guide ahead of time if you wish partake in this opportunity.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
Reviews & ratings Traditional Home Cooking Experience in Bologna
"This was an amazing experience! Irene was incredibly knowledgeable about Bologna and obviously loves her city! It was very interesting walking around and learning (...) "
"This was the most amazing thing I did while on vacation!!!! Irene was a wonderful tour guide and showed me some amazing hidden sights in Bologna, which was a (...) "
"Another great tour in Italy! Our guide Michol, a former teacher, loves her city and was proud to share her knowledge with us. We walked around the city center for a (...) "
"My girlfrend and I enjoyed a lovely morning touring round Bologna's foodie sites with our knowledgeable guide Micol. Learning how to make homemade tortollini after (...) "
"Our guide, Nicol was so nice and informative. I highly recommend this tour if you are looking to learn about Bologna's history and a bit of the history of the food (...) "
"Got a great walking tour around Bologna for a little while before heading to the home of a local to learn how to roll tortellini. Then walked across the street to a (...) "