Announcing Rail Europe's Vicky Cristina Barcelona Sweepstakes Winner
White Plains, NY January 26, 2009. RAIL EUROPE proudly announces the winner of the “Vicky Cristina Barcelona” sweepstakes, Eleanor Freeman. Mrs. Freeman was awarded a seven day, six night trip for two aboard Elipsos Trenhotel. She and her husband will fly to Europe for their first time ever and travel from Paris to Barcelona onboard Elipsos Trenhotel. Mrs. Freeman commented, “I am thrilled that Rail Europe gave my husband and I the opportunity to explore Europe for the first time.” The trip includes flights from New York to Paris and back to New York, one night in a Paris hotel, tickets to travel overnight on Elipsos Trenhotel from Paris to Barcelona and two nights in a Barcelona hotel.
Celebrating the release of Woody Allen’s Golden Globe nominated film “Vicky Cristina Barcelona,” starring Javier Bardem, Penélope Cruz, Rebecca Hall and Scarlett Johansson, Rail Europe launched a sweepstakes that generated over 40,000 contestants. The lucky retired couple will observe the moving panorama of the film with their own eyes as they discover Europe through the international night train concept that unites lodging with comfortable travel. Refund suite-like amenities include a full service restaurant and bar, where a chef on board prepares dishes to order with the finest ingredients.
The Elipsos train serves as a one-stop traveling haven, that will allow the Freeman’s to dine, sleep, relax, take in the views and mingle with other travelers until they arrive at their destination refreshed and ready for exciting new European experiences.
Routes on Elipsos include Paris to Madrid and Barcelona and Barcelona to Milan, Geneva and Zurich. To book your travel, simply visit the new www.raileurope.com to enter your desired travel plans, departure/arrival city, roundtrip/one-way, and departure date and time then click Search to view ticket and price options. Once you make a selection, click Select to purchase your ticket(s).
ELIPSOS On Board Services & Amenities
A virtual hotel on wheels, Elipsos features on-board services and amenities catering to the needs of overnight travelers:
- Premier Class tickets offer Grand Class Cabins featuring a private restroom, vanity and shower. Travelers can enjoy a freshly-cooked à la carte dinner and breakfast which is included in the price of the ticket
- The Comfort Class tickets include a Cabin with a vanity. Travelers can enjoy a freshly-cooked breakfast which is included in the price of the ticket
- Economy Class tickets features super reclining seats that recline to 140 degrees
- The Elipsos Restaurant Car is open until 1am for dinner and re-opens at 6am for breakfast
- A Cafeteria Bar Car opens for dinner until 1.30am and re-opens at 6.30am for breakfast
- A Food Cart serves snacks and drinks until 1am
- Elipsos is a 100% smoke-free train
Rail Europe, the largest distributor of European rail products in North America, encourages you to make train travel a part of your European travel experience. The company celebrates over 75 years as a leader in European travel and believes that the spirit of train travel is about enjoying the simple pleasures, respecting the environment and connecting with people, places and cultures.