About Rail Europe
Learn more about Rail Europe, #1 distributor for European train tickets & rail passes
As the leading worldwide distributor of European rail products, Rail Europe is the only one-stop-shop for planning and booking European train travel and sightseeing products.
From rail passes to train tickets and reservations, we provide unparalleled access to an extensive array of rail products from over 50 European train companies.
Catering to travellers and travel agents from the Americas, Asia, Oceania, the Middle East, and Africa, Rail Europe makes discovering Europe by train easy, seamless, and memorable. Our unique, user-friendly online booking engine makes it easy for travellers to book in their preferred language and currency. Plus, we provide award-winning localized customer care and assistance. We offer support before, during, and after the journey.
News and Updates
Our Pledge, Our Mission
To help travelers find their own path by guiding and offering inspiration and tools to travel by train in Europe.
We take pride in our company’s European heritage and are passionate about sharing our experiences, cultures, and insights. We share our expertise and knowledge in order to provide our travelers with an authentic European experience.
We believe the spirit of train travel is about enjoying simple pleasures, respecting the environment and connecting to people, places and cultures. It is the ease with which Rail Europe brings these together that creates a rewarding experience for both our customers and ourselves.
We value doing the right thing - being environmentally conscious, trustworthy and accessible to our customers and each other.
As trains do, we at Rail Europe continually move ahead. We strive to progress, innovate, and be outstanding in all that we do.
Rail Europe offers the widest selection of European rail products, from rail passes to train tickets, as well as reservations and travel packages.
Passes are the ideal choice to explore Europe at one’s own pace. Simple and flexible, passes offer more freedom and extensive travel in the countries selected.
For travel between several European cities, train tickets are ideal and a great value for the money. A reservation (compulsory and included on some trains) will guarantee a seat onboard in your selected class of service.
Money-saving fares (youth, senior, groups) are offered by Rail Europe, when available, for trains including TGV, Eurostar, Thalys, and ICE.
Sleep comfortably and enjoy the experience of night train travel. Traveling on a night train saves you precious time and money. On board you’ll find a variety of sleeping carriages - including women-only carriages, restaurant, and of course, restrooms. Arrive refreshed and ready to start the day!
Unmatched Service: Rail Europe strives to offer the best service to its customers, from journey planning with useful information and innovative tools, to unparalleled after-sales support. Rail Europe offers the comfort and ability to book in local languages, and to use local currency to buy rail passes, tickets, and more. Booking ahead ensures delivery before departing to Europe, all to avoid long waiting times at European stations, and confusion over currency and language differences.
In addition to the Swiss Federal Railways (SBB/CFF) and the French National Railways (SNCF), our rail partners include the Eurail GIE, Eurostar, Thalys, Lyria, City Night Line, ACP (BritRail), SVI, VIA Rail, JR and the National Railways of the following countries: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, and the USA. Rail Europe also works in close cooperation with Railteam, the European High Speed Rail carriers alliance.
Promoting Europe by rail is also promoting Europe… Since its creation, Rail Europe has been establishing close partnerships with national tourist boards of European countries. Rail Europe’s main partners include Atout France, Switzerland Tourism, Visit Britain, ENIT (Italy), DZT (Germany), etc.
Active all over the world, Rail Europe not only operates consumer web sites, but also acts as a resource and supplier to the travel trade, offering clients the ability to book as they wish, directly online or through their travel agent. Rail Europe accredited GSAs and travel agents are true professionals; experts in booking rail, and recognized for their know-how and quality of service.
Work With Us
Looking to put your career back on the right track?
Would you love to know more about Europe than you’d ever learn in a tour book? You’ll not only find outstanding prospects for career growth, but the chance to learn from some of the best in the business at a place where teamwork, innovation and customer-focused service are the operating principles behind enormous success. Simply contact our human resources department at HR_Resources@raileurope.com. And don’t forget to pack your lust for life and adventuresome spirit. You might just be who we are looking for.
1. Job Title: Accounting Manager
Department: Accounting Department
Job Title: Accounting Manager
Location: White Plains, NY
Manages the overall functions of the General Ledger and supervises Accounts Payable staff by performing the following duties under the supervision of the Director of Accounting.
• Manages monthly and annual closing including the production of internal and external financial reports.
• Supervises or performs monthly reconciliation or review of balance sheet accounts including bank accounts.
• Prepares Payroll reconciliation and verify salary costs with HR Manager when required.
• Record fixed assets purchases, determine monthly depreciation and update monthly roll forward report.
• Assists external auditors and the Director of Accounting in the audit of the company’s accounts.
• Reconciles quarterly intercompany transactions with Accountants of other subsidiaries.
• Supervises the work of accounting personnel in the White Plains and a shared service center in India.
• Ensure data is properly encoded during the recording of journals and invoices.
• Assists the Director of Accounting and external tax accountants in the calculation of estimated tax and issuance of tax returns.
• Performs specific Treasury and Banking operations including MTM calculations, bank account maintenance and relationship management under the direction of the Director of Accounting
• Provides shared services to a sister company and completes/oversees the following functions:
o Pays online invoices using online bank systems
o Reviews, posts invoices and entries recorded
o Prepare monthly financials for the affiliate company. Provide data for yearly budget preparation.
• Assists in various tasks and projects including implementation of new accounting system modules and tools for expense reporting etc.
• 5 years experience in General Ledger Accounting with a minimum of 2 years supervising people.
• Bachelor Degree in Accounting preferred
• An individual should have substantial knowledge of Excel (VLOOKUP, SUMIF) and Word
• Excellent managerial and interpersonal skills.
2. Job Title: Director, Projects
Job Title: Director, Projects
Location: White Plains, NY
Rail Europe North America is seeking an experienced, data-driven transformation and project management expert to lead a program of transformation of our North American business called program PHOENIX.
The role will manage and lead strategic initiatives while owning and working with Rail Europe stakeholders. The primary objective is to support and drive the delivery of programs and initiatives in line with the business strategy for the North American market. It offers a chance to make a real difference to the culture of the business from the start, with a major program PHOENIX aiming to redesign the North America regional business footprint (organization, commercial strategy, customer care), to be followed up as necessary with new projects (Latin America business region, commercial performance management). This is a newly created role will be based in our White Plains, New York office, reporting to the General Manager of Business for Americas regions, and a dotted line to the Director of Transformation based in Rail Europe global headquarter in Paris, France.
• Manage all executional aspects of assigned project streams including timeline, deliverables, resources and day-to-day project related activities
• Realize the business program objectives for the agreed scope, within budget and planning while maintaining the quality of the deliverables
• Actively promote and ensure proper participation of the program business resources in all appropriate Change Leadership efforts
• Establish the business program and project teams (including external parties). Define and agree the detailed action plan with the Project Leader & Project Sponsor.
• Identify the Project Owner for each initiative, and gain their commitment for the project
• Ensure the program aligns to the wider company strategy
• Ensure project stream success and timeline while adhering to project budget
• Own overall quality of project stream output and delivery schedule
• Resolve issues and constraints through effective negotiation and change management skills
• Ensure consistent and timely reporting
• Uphold the appropriate governance framework to ensure the successful delivery of the project
• Carefully evaluate program results, timely and well-prepared transfer decisions to next phases and prepare scope, quality, planning and budget change decisions
• Proactive manage business risks and external program dependencies (program vs other projects)
• Manage overall program control, program reporting and continuously inform the program Sponsor and program Steering Committee on the status of the program
• Remove any business barriers that will potential delay / or stop any initiative.
• Coach, motivate and encourage the business program resources and stakeholders to accomplish good results and to cooperate
Skills & Experience:
• Excellent communication, negotiation, and change management skills especially when working with cross functional stakeholders in an international and multi-cultural environment
• Influencing & Leadership skills: demonstrated ability to lead and manage teams or resources autonomously
• Passion for getting things done on time and on budget
• Strategic thinker and strong analytical skills
• Solutions-oriented approach and creative problem-solving skills while maintaining optimism and practicality
• A driver of change
• Experience managing implementation program and project management office, including knowledge and experience of deploying PMO methodology
• Ability to coach and constructively challenge others to deliver
• Previous experience working within a customer focused industry and / or the travel & transport industry
• Perseverance against resistance in order to drive the transformation
• Strong reporting experience to enable you to identify ways to make the reporting process as efficient and effective as possible
• MBA and/or Master Degree
• 5+ years of relevant consulting (internal or external) and/or project management office leadership experience
• Customer oriented, ownership in getting things done in a time pressure environment (seasonal business industry)
• Analytical and project management skills, capability to create new solutions and articulate them simply
• Active listening and communication skills
Our 20-page brochure is all about traveling by train in Europe. Find information on rail passes, train stations, high-speed trains, activities and suggested itineraries; plus European rail map with popular routes, travel times, and more.
Rail Europe is a dedicated source for planning and booking European train tickets, rail passes, and more.
We are happy to consider requests from print and online journalists who want to experience train travel with any one of our rail partners, and who will then share with their audience their journey and understanding of our own service, as it relates to planning and booking train travel. We do prefer to sponsor journalists who not only have a passion for travel but who are also willing to write about experiences that are relevant to our target audience.
To request sponsorship for an upcoming journey, please complete the Complimentary Request Form below and return it to us no later than three weeks before your departure date.
NOTE: Before submitting your request, we ask that you spend some time on our website planning your trip and identifying the products and schedule that best meets your need. While we would like to support every request, it sometimes is not possible. Please know we will take every measure to evaluate your need and do our best to help when we can.
For other inquiries email us at email@example.com.
Additional Information about Rail Europe
Complimentary Request Form
Rail Europe North America Inc.
333 Westchester Avenue
2nd Floor West Building
White Plains NY, 10604
Customer Care Center
Rail Europe North America Inc.
1350 East Touhy Avenue
Des Plaines, IL 60018