A fjord 128 miles long? Be glad you’re not driving.
The Sognefjord in Norway isn’t just the world’s longest fjord, it’s one of the most exquisite. In fact, a leading national adventure magazine recently named it one of the most beautiful travel destinations in the entire world.
At Rail Europe, we think that deserves special treatment. That’s why we offer The Sognefjord in a Nutshell, one of our most special passes with your choice of three itineraries to travel on. The Sognefjord In a Nutshell lets you see more of Sognefjord, using circular routes to make the most of ancient, awe-inspiring vistas in Western Norway.
With a combination of mountain rail and expressboat to take you through the waterways of the Sognefjord, there’s no better way to see more or more up-close. It’s another Rail Europe Experience that will leave you breathless. (We thought we’d mention that, just in case you thought it was the altitude.)
Here's what you get:
- Available May through September only.
- Choice of four scenic itineraries combining travel by rail (2nd class) and boat to include mountains, fjord, and sea.
- Itinerary 1: Bergen-Myrdal-Flam-Bergen
- Itinerary 2: Oslo-Myrdal-Flam-Bergen
- Itinerary 3: Oslo-Myrdal-Flam-Bergen-Oslo
- Itinerary 4: Myrdal - Flam - Bergen (Only available when traveling with a rail pass that is valid in Norway)
- Your choice of direction of travel
- Stopovers permitted, 2 months to complete travel once started
Conditions of Use
- Travel must begin within 2 months of the date of purchase
- Reservations are not included in the rail pass and are an additional cost.
- Reservations are compulsory for train travel between: Oslo – Myrdal and Oslo - Bergen. Reservations can be purchased on the train.
- Tour operates from May – September.
- Rail passes are 85% refundable for up to 6 months after the purchase date, if the rail pass has not been validated or used.
- Rail passes are non refundable if lost or stolen.
- Prices are subject to change.