Long summer nights. Midnight sun. Reinvent your schedule, too.
Norway in a Nutshell from Rail Europe lets you see more of Norway by combining rail, ferry and bus travel through spectacular Norwegian scenery. It’s your chance to explore one of the most breathtaking landscapes in all of Europe at a pace that suits you rather than a tour guide.
And with everything there is to see, why rush? Travel the routes of the Vikings through mighty glaciers and deep green forests. Ferry between the spectacular fjords of Gudvangen. Make tracks to Oslo’s Edward Munch Museum surrounded by the natural beauty that must have led to “The Scream”.
Don’t forget Bergen, one of Norway’s prettiest cities encircled by 7 mountains. And though 95% of Norway remains forested or uncultivated, you’ll find Rail Europe train travel completely civilized. In fact, with all their itinerary expertise behind you, you’ll be able to do something the Vikings never did. Conquer Norway.
Here's what you get:
- Includes combined travel by second-class rail, ferry, and bus throughout Norway
- Travel on the Flam railway.
- Your choice of 6 itineraries: Voss - Myrdal – Flam – Gudvangaen - Voss, Bergen - Myrdal – Flam – Gudvangaen - Voss - Bergen, Oslo - Myrdal – Flam – Gudvangaen Voss - Bergen, Oslo - Myrdal – Flam – Gudvangaen Voss - Oslo, Oslo – Myrdal – Flam – Gudvangaen -Voss - Bergen - Oslo, Myrdal – Flam – Gudvagen – Voss (Only available when traveling with a rail pass that is valid in Norway)
- Your choice of direction of travel
- Stopovers permitted, 2 months to complete travel once started
Conditions of Use
- Travel must begin within 2 months of the date of purchase
- Reservations are not included in the rail pass and are an additional cost.
- Reservations are compulsory for train travel between: Oslo - Myrdal, Oslo – Voss and Oslo - Bergen. Reservations can be purchased on the train.
- Tour does not operate on December 24 – 26, 31, nor on January 1.
- Rail passes are 85% refundable up to 6 months after the purchase date, if the rail pass has not been validated or used.
- Rail passes are non refundable if lost or stolen.
- Prices are subject to change.