You can’t possibly get around the whole boot by foot.
That’s why there’s the Eurail Italy Rail ‘n Drive pass combining car rental and train travel from Rail Europe. Nothing gives travelers more of an opportunity to genuinely explore all of Italy’s treasures along the coast, as well as inland. Whether you’re interested in seeing ancient Rome or art-filled Florence, most easily accessed by train. Or perhaps you have the time to discover the beauty of Tuscany or Pompei, best seen by car.
Of course, if you’re looking to break away from the mob, why not try a ferry detour to Sicily? It’s also included free with this Italy pass. All in all, this is the perfect combination of rental car and rail travel in Italy from the experts at Rail Europe. Because while the saying may be all roads lead to Rome, there’s one thing we’re pretty sure of. You probably wouldn’t want to drive there.
Here's what you get:
- Unlimited train travel on the national rail network of Italy.
- Choice of 3, 4 or 5 days within 2 months, consecutively or not.
- 2 day Hertz car rental with unlimited mileage, theft protection, collision damage waiver and local tax included.
- Your choice of 6 car categories, 4 with manual transmission and 2 with automatic transmission.
- Additional car days available.
- Includes second-class ferry services to Sicily.
Rail Europe will coordinate your car rental reservations. However for travelers who wish to make their own reservations, the following applies:
- The rental car needs to be confirmed over the phone with the rental agency at least 3 days prior to pick-up.
- Car rental confirmation is subject to availability.
- No car rental reservations can be made at the ticket counter.
Any changes to Hertz car rentals must be made at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled pick-up date. Requested changes less than 24 hours will not be permitted.
Conditions of Use
- Residents of Europe, Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia, or Turkey are not eligible to purchase or use this rail pass.
- Rail passes must be validated within 6 months of purchase date at the train station by a railway official.
- The railway official will write the passport number on your rail pass.
- When a saver pass is purchased all travelers in the party must be present when validating the rail pass.
- Rail passes must be validated prior to boarding the first train or before using a passholder bonus.
- The date of travel must be entered into the corresponding box on the rail pass by the traveler before boarding the first train of the day or when utilizing a passholder bonus.
- Travelers must either carry a passport or U.S. Military I.D. in order to travel with this rail pass.
- Rail passes are 85% refundable up to 1 year after the purchase date if neither the car and rail vouchers have not been validated or used.
- Rail passes are non refundable if lost or stolen except as covered by Rail Protection Plan™.
- Reservations and supplements are not included in the rail pass and are at an additional cost.
- Prices are subject to change.
View Prices and Discounts