“A man’s home is his castle.” Especially true in Germany
The saying is as old as the hills. Why not see the hills where it just may have originated? The German Rail Pass from Rail Europe gives you unlimited train travel from four to ten days. Plenty of time to frolic around the many rooms of the Schloss Neuschwanstein near Fussen, or marvel at Wartburg Castle built in 1067 AD.
And what would coming home to the castle every night be without a cold beer waiting? Sample the finest of the local breweries in Germany without having to worry about airports or driving. Perhaps most of all, the history of Germany demands to be shared.
Rail Europe can help you plan a thoughtful itinerary that lets you travel through the footsteps of times past. And don’t forget the Black Forest and Rhine Valley. There may be a lot to see when you travel n Germany, but there’s really only one way to efficiently see it all. Rail Europe.
Why not see more than Germany? A German Rail Pass Extension adds travel to Brussels, Prague, and popular destinations in Italy and Austria without buying additional country passes or tickets.
For more information about Germany, please visit the German Tourist Board.
Here's what you get:
This pass gives you unlimited travel on the national rail network of Germany.
Choice of 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 or 10 days within 1 month, consecutively or not.
Rail Pass valid to Salzburg (Austria) and Basel Bad (Switzerland), and free or discounted travel on certain Europabuses and steamers.
Conditions of Use
- Residents of Europe, the Russian Federation and Turkey are not eligible to purchase or use this rail pass.
- Rail passes must be validated within 6 months of purchase date at the train station by a railway official.
- The railway official will write the passport number on your rail pass.
- Rail pass is not valid for travel on DB Autozug (trains transporting cars), chartered trains, private steam trains, narrow-gauge railways and museum railways.
- When a twin pass (party pass) is purchased all travelers in the party must be present when validating the rail pass.
- Rail passes must be validated prior to boarding the first train or before using a passholder bonus.
- The date of travel must be entered into the corresponding box on the rail pass by the traveler before boarding the first train of the day or when utilizing a passholder bonus.
- Travelers must either carry a passport or U.S. Military I.D. in order to travel with this rail pass.
- Rail passes are 85% refundable up to 1 year after the purchase date if the pass has not been validated or used.
- Rail passes are non refundable if lost or stolen except as covered by Rail Protection Plan™.
- Prices are subject to change.