Why be a tourist when you can be a traveler?
There’s no better way to create a one of a kind French vacation than with The France Rail ’n Drive from Rail Europe. It combines first-class rail travel with a rental car, providing you the necessary tools to explore the most famous and the most authentic parts of France.
Starting in the rail city of your choice, it allows you to drive to small towns and remote villages, seeing parts tour buses never travel. In fact, in some cases the roads are so narrow they simply won’t fit. But you will. Blending into local culture and enjoying regional foods and wines, museums and lore that can only come from a back road experience.
Your Rail Europe experts can supply you with a knowledgeable itinerary that can effortlessly guide you where you want to go, or follow nothing but your instincts. How great does that sound?
Here's what you get:
- 2 days of unlimited first class train travel on the national rail network of France.
- 2-day Avis or Hertz car rental with unlimited mileage and local tax included.
- 1 month to complete your travel.
- Choice of 20 car categories; 14 with manual transmission or 6 with automatic transmission.
- 3 additional rail days can be added to your pass.
- Rail pass is valid on RER Line B between Paris Charles de Gaulle airport and Paris Nord Station: Prior to boarding RER, proceed to the SNCF-Transilien ticket counter in Roissy CDG and ask for a “contremarque” voucher.
Rail Europe will coordinate your car rental reservations. However for travelers who wish to make their own reservations, the following applies:
- The rental car needs to be confirmed over the phone with the rental agency at least 3 days prior to pick-up.
- Car rental confirmation is subject to availability.
- No car rental reservations can be made at the ticket counter.
Any changes to Hertz car rentals must be made at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled pick-up date. Requested changes less than 24 hours will not be permitted.
Conditions of Use
- Residents of Europe, Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia, or Turkey are not eligible to purchase or use this rail pass.
- Rail passes must be validated within 6 months of purchase date at the train station by a railway official.
- The railway official will write the passport number on your rail pass.
- When a saver pass is purchased all travelers in the party must be present when validating the rail pass.
- Rail passes must be validated prior to boarding the first train or before using a passholder bonus.
- The date of travel must be entered into the corresponding box on the rail pass by the traveler before boarding the first train of the day or when utilizing a passholder bonus.
- Travelers must either carry a passport or U.S. Military I.D. in order to travel with this rail pass.
- Rail passes are 85% refundable up to 1 year after the purchase date if neither the car and rail vouchers have not been validated or used.
- Rail passes are non refundable if lost or stolen except as covered by Rail Protection Plan™.
- Reservations and supplements are not included in the rail pass and are at an additional cost.
- Prices are subject to change.
View Prices and Discounts