If you’re coming to see France, why not see the real France?
What does France look like at 30,000 feet? Italy. Because you can only truly experience the wonders of a local culture by surrounding yourself in it. That’s what the France Rail Pass from Rail Europe lets you do, with unlimited train travel throughout France to keep you from worrying about airline schedules, gas prices or poor road signage.
Besides, who could appreciate the aroma of hand pressed cheeses from an airplane? Or indulge in the intoxicating fruits of a Loire Valley winery from a passing car?
With Rail Europe to guide you, there’s no better way to experience the real France. Imagine winding your way through fields of sunflowers, exploring the Alps, or satisfying your need to conquer by retracing Napoleon’s footsteps. Wherever you travel in France, Rail Europe has the expertise to make sure you’re always perfectly on track. See more of France with Rail Europe, the official US site.
Here's what you get:
This pass gives you unlimited travel on the national rail network of France.
Choice of 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 or 9 days within a one-month period.
Travel days may be used consecutively or non-consecutively.
The Easy Access passholder fare is available only to travelers using the France Rail Pass. Note, this fare has strict rules and may only be used with the France Rail Pass (fines will be issued on the train to non-France Rail Pass travelers).
Rail pass is valid on RER Line B between Paris Charles de Gaulle airport and Paris Nord Station: Prior to boarding RER, proceed to the SNCF-Transilien ticket counter in Roissy CDG and ask for a “contremarque” voucher.
Conditions of Use
- Residents of Europe, Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia, or Turkey are not eligible to purchase or use this rail pass.
- Rail passes must be validated within 6 months of purchase date at the rail station by a railway official.
- The railway official will write the passport number on your rail pass.
- When a saver pass is purchased all travelers in the party must be present when validating the rail pass.
- Rail passes must be validated prior to boarding the first train or before using a passholder bonus.
- The date of travel must be entered into the corresponding box on the rail pass by the traveler before boarding the first train of the day or when utilizing a passholder bonus.
- Travelers must either carry a passport or U.S. Military I.D. in order to travel with this rail pass.
- Rail passes are 85% refundable up to 1 year after the purchase date if the rail pass has not been validated or used.
- Rail passes are non refundable if lost or stolen except as covered by Rail Protection Plan™.
- Reservations and supplements are not included in the rail pass and are at an additional cost.
- Prices are subject to change.