What could possibly get you to leave Paris behind?
Well, it is only for a day. With the France Day Pass from Rail Europe, you can take a day trip to your choice of some of the French countryside’s most welcoming villages. Whether you select to travel on a scenic two-hour trek to Lyon to sample its traditional gourmet food among locals, or perhaps prefer a shorter 90-minute hop to the champagne city of Reims.
You can even opt to travel to Nantes, the home of Jules Verne and some say the birthplace of science fiction. And you’ll always be dropped off in the middle of town, which will give you the chance to enjoy what you wanted to see instead of spending your day finding it. You see, Rail Europe doesn’t just make it easy to see everything in Paris, but everything from Paris. With full day itineraries that take the work out of vacations. It is a vacation after all.
Here's what you get:
This pass gives you unlimited travel on the national rail network of France for one day.
Choose any day within a one-month period to explore the French countryside from Paris.
Available day itineraries include Lyon, Avignon, Marseille, Lille, Bordeaux, Nantes, Dijon, Reims, London, and Brussels.
Conditions of Use
- Residents of Europe, Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia, or Turkey are not eligible to purchase or use this rail pass.
- Rail passes must be validated within 6 months of purchase date at the rail station by a railway official.
- The railway official will write the passport number on your rail pass.
- When a saver pass is purchased all travelers in the party must be present when validating the rail pass.
- Rail passes must be validated prior to boarding the first train or before using a passholder bonus.
- The date of travel must be entered into the corresponding box on the rail pass by the traveler before boarding the first train of the day or when utilizing a passholder bonus.
- Travelers must either carry a passport or U.S. Military I.D. in order to travel with this rail pass.
- Rail passes are 85% refundable up to 1 year after the purchase date if the rail pass has not been validated or used.
- Rail passes are non refundable if lost or stolen except as covered by Rail Protection Plan™.
- Reservations and supplements are not included in the rail pass and are at an additional cost.
- Prices are subject to change.