The best way to see Spain your way? By rail and by road
Lush countrysides or cosmopolitan cities? Now there’s no need to make a choice when traveling Spain. With the Eurail Spain Rail ‘n Drive Pass you can enjoy the convenience (combined with a siesta or two) of train travel with the flexibility of a car rental. The result? A truly personalized journey through Spain.
Use your rail pass to travel to capital city Madrid, a vibrant metropolis which co-exists with historic streets and neighborhoods. Or do some grazing in the tappa bars of stylish Barcelona. Or check out the Boqueria market on the Rambla, the oldest market of its kind in Europe.
Then hop in your Hertz rental car (available with either manual or automatic transmission) and explore the beauty of the Pyrenees. Or relax on a quiet beach in Malaga. Or just take a leisurely drive up North—its landscapes resemble the rolling, green hills of Ireland.
Here's what you get:
- Unlimited train travel on the national rail network of Spain.
- Unlimited mileage Hertz car rental.
- Choice of 3, 4 or 5 days of train travel and 2 days of Hertz car rental within a 2-month time period.
- Choice of 5 car categories, 4 with manual transmission and 1 with automatic transmission.
- Additional car days available.
- Travel days can be used consecutively or non-consecutively.
Rail Europe will coordinate your car rental reservations. However for travelers who wish to make their own reservations, the following applies:
- The rental car needs to be confirmed over the phone with the rental agency at least 3 days prior to pick-up.
- Car rental confirmation is subject to availability.
- No car rental reservations can be made at the ticket counter.
Any changes to Hertz car rentals must be made at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled pick-up date. Requested changes less than 24 hours will not be permitted.
Conditions of Use
- Residents of Europe, Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia, or Turkey are not eligible to purchase or use this rail pass.
- Rail passes must be validated within 6 months of purchase date at the train station by a railway official.
- The railway official will write the passport number on your rail pass.
- When a saver pass is purchased all travelers in the party must be present when validating the rail pass.
- Rail passes must be validated prior to boarding the first train or before using a passholder bonus.
- The date of travel must be entered into the corresponding box on the rail pass by the traveler before boarding the first train of the day or when utilizing a passholder bonus.
- Travelers must either carry a passport or U.S. Military I.D. in order to travel with this rail pass.
- Rail passes are 85% refundable up to 1 year after the purchase date if neither the car and rail vouchers have not been validated or used.
- Rail passes are non refundable if lost or stolen except as covered by Rail Protection Plan™.
- Reservations and supplements are not included in the rail pass and are at an additional cost.
- Prices are subject to change.
View Prices and Discounts