If you’re traveling Portugal, you need the preferred pass
Situated next to Spain on the Iberian Peninsula, Portugal’s history-rich cities and lush landscapes make it the perfect venue for rail travel. And with the added convenience of centrally located rail stations, what other reason is there to make rail travel your preference? Just one: the Eurail Portugal Pass.
This money-saving, flexible pass allows unlimited travel on Portugal’s rail network for any 3, 4, or 6 days within a one-month period. Explore the stunning views in capital city Lisbon, built on seven large hills overlooking the Tagus River. Or take the train to Coimbra, home to one of the oldest universities—and best libraries—in Europe.
How about a little bird watching in Faro, where its Ria Formosa lagoon nature reserve attracts hundreds of species of migratory birds. Journeying to northern Portugal? Then there’s no better place for a Port-wine libation than the city of Porto.
Here's what you get:
- Unlimited rail travel on the national rail network of Portugal.
- Choice of 3, 4, or 6 days of unlimited train travel within a 1 month period.
- Travel days may be used consecutively or non-consecutively.
- Free map with pass.
Conditions of Use
- Residents of Europe, the Russian Federation or Turkey are not eligible to purchase or use this rail pass.
- Rail passes must be validated within 6 months of purchase date at the train station by a railway official.
- The railway official will write the passport number on your rail pass.
- When a saver pass is purchased all travelers in the party must be present when validating the rail pass.
- Rail passes must be validated prior to boarding the first train or before using a passholder bonus.
- The date of travel must be entered into the corresponding box on the rail pass by the traveler before boarding the first train of the day or when utilizing a passholder bonus.
- Travelers must either carry a passport or U.S. Military I.D. in order to travel with this rail pass.
- Rail passes are 85% refundable up to 1 year after the purchase date if the rail pass has not been validated or used.
- Rail passes are non refundable if lost or stolen except as covered by Rail Protection Plan™.
- Reservations and supplements are not included in the rail pass and are at an additional cost.
- Prices are subject to change.