Why not see Hungary and Romania at see level?
Looking at them on paper, it’s easy to get the capital cities of Bucharest and Budapest confused. But it’s also easy when you’re looking at them from an airplane or a driver’s seat.
With the Eurail Hungary-Romania rail pass from Rail Europe, you’ll see more of Hungary and Romania up close. In Hungary, you can travel to the largest synagogue in Europe or the second largest Baroque castle in the world (Godollo). Or relax at Hévíz, the largest biologically active, natural thermal lake.
While Romania offers its share of awe-inspiring attractions, it’s more often recognized for it’s haunting architecture. Consider Dracula’s castle found here. Perhaps you’d prefer indulging in Mamaia, the Romanian Riviera. Or puttering around tiny peasant villages dotted along rugged mountains. Or, why not all of it? Whatever you want to see in Hungary and Romania, really see it. When you travel with Rail Europe, there’s no reason not to.
Here's what you get:
- This pass gives you unlimited travel on the national rail networks of Hungary and Romania.
- Choice of 5, 6, 8, or 10 days within a 2 month period, consecutively or not.
Conditions of Use
- Residents of Europe, the Russian Federation or Turkey are not eligible to purchase or use this rail pass.
- Rail passes must be validated within 6 months of purchase date at the train station by a railway official.
- The railway official will write the passport number on your rail pass.
- When a saver pass is purchased all travelers in the party must be present when validating the rail pass.
- Rail passes must be validated prior to boarding the first train or before using a passholder bonus.
- The date of travel must be entered into the corresponding box on the rail pass by the traveler before boarding the first train of the day or when utilizing a passholder bonus.
- Travelers must either carry a passport or U.S. Military I.D. in order to travel with this rail pass.
- Rail passes are 85% refundable up to 1 year after the purchase date if the rail pass has not been validated or used.
- Rail passes are non refundable if lost or stolen except as covered by Rail Protection Plan™.
- Reservations and supplements are not included in the rail pass and are at an additional cost.
- Prices are subject to change.