Experience a double-dose of hospitality: travel Hungary with a Pass
Hungary is famous for its hospitality, and when you journey it by rail with the Eurail Hungary Pass, you’ll experience the extra convenience—and warmth—that a rail pass affords. Travel the country on your schedule while chatting with friendly locals.
Looking for a little more accommodation? Then lounge in a healing thermal spa. (Hungary’s medicinal water resources are unprecedented.) In the capital city of Budapest, you can stroll along the Duna Korzo and stop in a café or two. As you’ll quickly discover, Hungary is a nation of coffee drinkers.
The most popular kava? Tiny glasses of super-strong black espresso. Looking for a little less…caffeine? Then enjoy one of Hungary’s more than 1,000 wine varieties from regions like Balaton or Tokaj. And the distinctive, aromatic influences of Hungarian cuisine make for most memorable dining. Try the goulash. Or stuffed cabbage. Hold the paprika and the garlic? We don’t think so.
Here's what you get:
- Unlimited travel on the national rail network of Hungary.
- Offers 5 days within a 15-day period, or 10 days within a 1-month period.·
- Travel days may be used consecutively or non-consecutively.
Conditions of Use
- Residents of Europe, the Russian Federation or Turkey are not eligible to purchase or use this rail pass.
- Rail passes must be validated within 6 months of purchase date at the train station by a railway official.
- The railway official will write the passport number on your rail pass.
- When a saver pass is purchased all travelers in the party must be present when validating the rail pass.
- Rail passes must be validated prior to boarding the first train or before using a passholder bonus.
- The date of travel must be entered into the corresponding box on the rail pass by the traveler before boarding the first train of the day or when utilizing a passholder bonus.
- Travelers must either carry a passport or U.S. Military I.D. in order to travel with this rail pass.
- Rail passes are 85% refundable up to 1 year after the purchase date if the rail pass has not been validated or used.
- Rail passes are non refundable if lost or stolen except as covered by Rail Protection Plan™.
- Reservations and supplements are not included in the rail pass and are at an additional cost.
- Prices are subject to change.