Travel Bonuses for Eurail Germany-Switzerland Pass
Please be sure to note that any bonus that is free will use a travel day on your rail pass. Discounted bonuses will not require the use of a travel day, but do require a valid rail pass. And all bonuses are handled locally and are subject to change.
Travel Bonuses in Germany
Private and Regional Rail Roads
Ferries and Cruises
- Free travel on the S-Bahn trains (local railways) that operate in the major German cities. The only exception is Berlin, where the Eurail Pass is only valid on the S-Bahn tracks that connect the DB railway stations of Berlin.
- 10% reduction on the mountain railroad Garmisch Partenkirchen - Grainau - Zugspitzplatt and on some cable cars in the summit area.
- Reduced fare on the Berlin Night Express Train from Berlin-Malmö which includes the ferry crossing from Sassnitz-Trelleborg. Reservation are required and are an additional cost.
- Free sailings on boats operated by the 'KD German Rhine Line' making regular runs on the river Rhine between Köln and Mainz and on the river Mosel between Koblenz and Cochem (except on boats making cruises of several days between Basel and Rotterdam or vice versa, or between Trier and Koblenz or vice versa). An extra charge is applicable for the use of hydrofoils.
- 50% reduction on boats on Lake Constance operated by BSB, SBS and ÖBB (from May to October).
- 30% discount on ferry crossings from Helsinki - Rostock operated by Tallink Silja Oy
- All reductions are available for Cabins that are category C-A. Port taxes are extra.
- 30% discount is offered on the offical fares on the ferry crossing from Rostock-Helsinki, Rostock-Gdynia and Travemünde-Helsinki operated by Finnlines. Port tax and meals are an additional cost and are paid locally.
- 20% discount is offered on the offical fares on the ferry crossing from Travemünde - Malmo operated by Finnlines. Port tax and meals are an additional cost and are paid locally.
- Various reductions on boat trips on the river Danube between Passau and Linz (Austria) or vice versa operated by 'Wurm & Köck.
- A 20% discount on the Europabus route EB 190/190A Romantische Strasse (May to October), Romantic Road, (Frankfurt am Main-Rothenburg ob der Tauber-Augsburg-Munich/Fussen). It is strongly recommended to reserve seats in advance by either sending an email to email@example.com or contacting Touring Tours & Travel by Phone: +49 (0)69 719 126 261; Fax: +49 (0)69 719 126 156.
- Special ticket available with your Eurail Pass on the Expressbus from Prague-Nürnberg. Reservations are required and are an additional cost and can be reserved in Prague or Nuremburg.
- 10% discount on Meininger hotels at the following locations: Berlin, Munich, Cologne, Hamburg, Vienna and London.
- 10% discount on the daily rate at A&O hotels and hostels in Berlin, Hamburg, Munich and other German cities.
Travel Bonuses in Switzerland
Cruises/Ferries (Lakes and Rivers)
- 50% reduction on regular boat services on the lakes of Geneva, Luzern, Thun, Brienz, Zurich and Biel. These are seasonal services, so please consult timetables. www.bls.ch; www.cgn.ch; www.bielersee.ch; www.zsg.ch
- 50% reduction on regular boat services on the river Aare between Biel and Solothurn. These are seasonal services, so please consult timetables.
- 50% reduction on regular boat services on the river Rhine between Constance and Schaffhausen, operated by URh. These are seasonal services, so please consult timetables. www.urh.ch
- 50% reduction on boats on Lake Constance (Bodensee) operated by BSB, SBS and ÖBB (from May to October).
Cable Cars and Funiculars up to the montain peaks
- 50% reduction on the Titlis Rotair Cableway from Engleberg
- 50% reduction on the Bürgenstock funicular
- 50% reduction on the Stanserhorn funicular/cable railway
- 30% reduction to the summit of Mount Pilatus (near Lucerne), by funicular from Alpnachstad, as well as by cable car from Kriens.
- 25% discount on MGB cable cars between Gornergrat & Zermatt
Private Rail Roads
- Free travel on Centovalli railway to Domodossola (Italy)
- Free access to the SBB lounge in Zurich HB for 1st class passholders.
- Free travel on Rhätische Bahn AG including travel from Tirano-Lugano.
Bonuses for all of Europe