The hills are alive. With the sound of… train whistles?
Indeed they are. Because with the Eurail Austria pass, you’ll wonder at the inspiring snow-capped mountain view from your train window. The majority of those who travel around Austria prefer to do so with a rail pass. Breathtaking scenery not withstanding, a train journey also allows affordable flexibility and accessibility. See the cities and sites you want when you want; like Vienna -one of Europe’s cultural capitals, located on the banks of the Danube. A romantic’s dream destination, Vienna is also synonymous with world-class music; after all it was home to Mozart, Beethoven, Schubert, and Johann Strauss. And, cultural connoisseurs, don’t miss MuseumsQuartier, one of the largest cultural complexes in the world, where baroque buildings, new architecture, and museums abound. No trip to Austria is complete without a stop in Salzburg, a city of incomparable architectural beauty. (Did we mention it was also where “The Sound of Music” was filmed?)
Here's what you get:
- Unlimited train travel on the national rail network of Austria.
- Choice of 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, or 8 days of unlimited train travel within a 1-month period.
- Travel days may be used consecutively or non-consecutively.
- Free map
Conditions of Use
- Residents of Europe, the Russian Federation or Turkey are not eligible to purchase or use this rail pass.
- Rail passes must be validated within 6 months of purchase date at the train station by a railway official.
- The railway official will write the passport number on your rail pass.
- When a saver pass is purchased all travelers in the party must be present when validating the rail pass.
- Rail passes must be validated prior to boarding the first train or before using a passholder bonus.
- The date of travel must be entered into the corresponding box on the rail pass by the traveler before boarding the first train of the day or when utilizing a passholder bonus.
- Travelers must either carry a passport or U.S. Military I.D. in order to travel with this rail pass.
- Rail passes are 85% refundable up to 1 year after the purchase date if the rail pass has not been validated or used.
- Rail passes are non refundable if lost or stolen except as covered by Rail Protection Plan™.
- Reservations and supplements are not included in the rail pass and are at an additional cost.
- Prices are subject to change.