With your Eurail pass, country hopping is hip. And the stops, limitless
Have you thought of taking a train from Budapest to Vienna? Hungary and Austria (or vice versa) are fast-becoming favored destination spots for travelers everywhere.
And with the affordable Eurail Austria-Hungary rail Pass, you can travel all around one country, and then hop a train to the other. Car rental is an option in Austria and Hungary, of course. But you’ll need to pay for parking, translate road signs, and fill the tank up along the way (at prices—believe it or not—nearly double what you pay back home).
So enjoy a leisurely stroll in Budapest. It occupies both sides of the Danube, making it easy to navigate, while affording one of the most spectacular panoramic views in all of Europe. Take time to mingle among the locals at a covered market. Or, chill (perhaps be energized?) with a glass of super-strong kava. And then it’s on to the wine taverns of Vienna
Here's what you get:
- Unlimited train travel on the national rail networks in Austria and Hungary.
- Choice of 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, or 10 days of unlimited rain travel within a 2 month period.
- Travel days may be used consecutively or non-consecutively.
Conditions of Use
- Residents of Europe, the Russian Federation or Turkey are not eligible to purchase or use this rail pass.
- Rail passes must be validated within 6 months of purchase date at the train station by a railway official.
- The railway official will write the passport number on your rail pass.
- When a saver pass is purchased all travelers in the party must be present when validating the rail pass.
- Rail passes must be validated prior to boarding the first train or before using a passholder bonus.
- The date of travel must be entered into the corresponding box on the rail pass by the traveler before boarding the first train of the day or when utilizing a passholder bonus.
- Travelers must either carry a passport or U.S. Military I.D. in order to travel with this rail pass.
- Rail passes are 85% refundable up to 1 year after the purchase date if the rail pass has not been validated or used.
- Rail passes are non refundable if lost or stolen except as covered by Rail Protection Plan™.
- Reservations and supplements are not included in the rail pass and are at an additional cost.
- Prices are subject to change.