See all that you can see in Scotland with a Britrail Freedom of Scotland Pass
Declare your independence from rigid travel schedules that simply won’t bend. Now you can explore Scotland at your own pace with the versatile Britrail Freedom of Scotland Pass.
The rail pass provides unlimited train travel on Scotland’s rail network for either four or eight days to be used when you desire. So where to begin your journey? Capital city Edinburgh is the obvious choice with its ancient churches and Victorian masterpieces (not to mention that Castle).
But perhaps a trip off-the-beaten path is more your bag, like the remote Scottish Highlands. Rugged and romantic, they represent one of Europe’s great wilderness areas. And no trip to Scotland is complete without an indulgence or two in Glasgow. It’s one of Britain’s liveliest cities, with excellent art galleries, and countless pubs and bars. Not sure where to travel next? Then, when riding the rails, ask the locales. Scotland’s people are feisty, friendly—and opinionated.
Here's what you get:
- Unlimited train travel on the national rail network of Scotland.
- Valid for any 4 days within an 8-day period, or 8 days within a 15-day period.
- Travel days may be used consecutively or non-consecutively.
- Discounts on select ferry and bus routes, as well as certain Guide Friday Tours.
Conditions of Use
- Residents of the United Kingdom (Northern Ireland, England, Scotland & Wales), the Republic of Ireland and Europe are not eligible to purchase or use this rail pass.
- Some train service in England, Wales and Scotland may only offer 2nd class train service. This is factored into the price of the relevant first class rail pass.
- Rail passes must be validated within 6 months of purchase date at the rail station by a railway official.
- The railway official will write the passport number on your rail pass.
- The date of travel must be entered into the corresponding box on the rail pass by the traveler before boarding the first train of the day.
- Travelers must either carry a passport or U.S. Military I.D. in order to travel with this rail pass.
- A Party Pass is only available for adult rates.
- Rail passes are 85% refundable up to 1 year after the purchase date if the rail pass has not been validated or used.
- Rail passes are non refundable if lost or stolen except as covered by Rail Protection Plan™.
- Prices are subject to change.