Want to vegetate—and navigate? Then, the BritRail Pass ‘n Drive is for you
Looking for the best of both “whirls” as you travel Great Britain? The BritRail Pass ‘n Drive provides the perfect transport choice. Fast and comfortable BritRail trains let you relax on the long hauls, while the freedom of a Hertz car rental lets you leisurely explore the beauty of Britain.
With rail and wheels, you can experience all Britain has to offer…from its modern cities to its medieval towns of old. But perhaps the real beauty of Great Britain is what you’ll discover “behind the scenes”—the lavish countrysides that take hold of your heart with their gorgeous green, mighty oaks, and rolling hills. The BritRail Pass ‘n Drive lets you travel when you want, hopping on and off trains, hassle-free. So you can change your travel plans on a whim. And hop in those 4-wheels for an impromptu tour of some glorious English gardens.
Here's what you get:
- Rail pass provides unlimited travel on the national rail networks of England, Scotland and Wales, including Gatwick Express, Heathrow Express, Stansted Express and Thames link.
- Choice of 4 or 8 days of train travel and 2 days of Hertz car rental within a 2-month time period.
- Choice of 9 car categories; 5 vehicles are available in manual and 4 available in automatic.
- Travel days may be used consecutively or not.
Rail Europe will coordinate your car rental reservations. However for travelers who wish to make their own reservations, the following applies:
- The rental car needs to be confirmed over the phone with the rental agency at least 3 days prior to pick-up.
- Car rental confirmation is subject to availability.
- No car rental reservations can be made at the ticket counter.
Any changes to Hertz car rentals must be made at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled pick-up date. Requested changes less than 24 hours will not be permitted.
Conditions of Use
- Residents of Europe, Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia, or Turkey are not eligible to purchase or use this rail pass.
- Rail passes must be validated within 6 months of purchase date at the train station by a railway official.
- The railway official will write the passport number on your rail pass.
- When a saver pass is purchased all travelers in the party must be present when validating the rail pass.
- Rail passes must be validated prior to boarding the first train or before using a passholder bonus.
- The date of travel must be entered into the corresponding box on the rail pass by the traveler before boarding the first train of the day or when utilizing a passholder bonus.
- Travelers must either carry a passport or U.S. Military I.D. in order to travel with this rail pass.
- Rail passes are 85% refundable up to 1 year after the purchase date if neither the car and rail vouchers have not been validated or used.
- Rail passes are non refundable if lost or stolen except as covered by Rail Protection Plan™.
- Reservations and supplements are not included in the rail pass and are at an additional cost.
- Prices are subject to change.