Station services and amenities
Do you offer maps of European train stations?
We do offer links to Google Maps for many European train stations. You can look up a particular train station listed in the question "What other types of services are available at the station?" . Viewing these maps will help you locate, plan and time your trip to the train station.
At this time we do not have specific layouts of any train station interiors in Europe.
Do the train stations offer services to help carry my luggage?
Many train stations in Europe have self-service luggage carts that you can use to transport your luggage through the train station. These carts are usually coin-operated and when you return your cart, you’ll get your coin back.
It’s always best to pack light and anticipate that you will need to carry your own luggage. Only a few stations in Europe offer porter services. You can obtain information specific to some stations by reviewing the below question "What other types of services are available at the station?"
While some stations offer elevators and/or escalators, you may need to carry your luggage up or down stairs to reach the correct train platform.
Are there lounges at the train station I can access with my Rail Europe tickets?
Some of the main train stations in larger European cities offer lounges. Access to lounges depends on the type of ticket you have; generally a first class (Premier and for some trains, Comfort) ticket is needed. Trains that offer lounge access are:
- TGV Est
- TGV International
- Trenitalia International Night
- Spanish Night Trains
To learn more about lounge access for any of the above trains, we encourage you to click its link. Once on the page you can view the “Services at the Station” tab. This will give you more information on which stations offer lounge access for a particular train. Please keep in mind that not ALL cities serviced by a particular train have lounges available.
Are lockers and luggage storage services available at the train station?
Most major train stations have a left luggage facility offering either self-serve luggage lockers or staffed luggage facilities. You may not find as many of these types of services available in the UK, France, Spain and Italy.
Keep in mind that there is a fee to store your luggage at a train station. Typically, stations will charge a flat rate to rent a luggage locker that you’re free to fill. For staffed luggage facilities, you may incur a “per bag” fee. In either case, the fee is usually under 10 Euros. If you do leave your bags, be sure to keep some money in your pockets for the luggage lockers.
Where can I find more information about European train stations?
We offer valuable information on the most popular train stations in Europe. Please review the question "What other types of services are available at the train station?" for information regarding many train stations.
What other types of services are available at the station?
Most European train stations provide a variety of services, including currency exchanges, information desks, lockers for luggage, arrival/departure boards, restrooms, coffee shops and gift shops. Some larger stations in larger cities have WiFi hotspots, lounges for business travelers, and restaurants and bars.
Below you will find a list of the main train stations in Europe, click on their link for detailed information.
- Edinburgh Waverly Train Station
- London Charing Cross Train Station
- London Euston Train Station
- London Heathrow Train Station
- London King's Cross Train Station
- London Paddington Train Station
- London St. Pancras International Train Station
- London Victoria Train Station
- London Waterloo Train Station
- Manchester Piccadilly Train Station
- Paris Austerlitz Train Station
- Paris Bercy Train Station
- Paris Charles de Gaulle Train Station
- Paris Est Train Station
- Paris Lyon Train Station
- Paris Montparnasse Train Station
- Paris Nord Train Station
- Strasbourg Train Station
- Berlin Central Train Station
- Berlin Ostbahnhof Train Station
- Berlin Zoo Train Station
- Cologne Central Train Station
- Frankfurt Airport Train Station
- Frankfurt Main Train Station
- Munich International Airport Train Station
- Munich Main Train Station
- Florence SMN Train Station
- Milan Central Station
- Naples Central Station
- Naples Campi Flegrei Train Station
- Roma Ostiense Train Station
- Roma Tiburtina Train Station
- Roma Terminal Train Station
- Venice Santa Lucia Train Station
- Venice Mestre Train Station
- Barcelona Estacio De Franca Train Station
- Barcelona Sants Train Station
- Madrid Puerta De Atocha Train Station
- Madrid Chamartin Train Station
- Sevilla Santa Justa Train Station
- Valencia Nord Train Station