You know the feeling that seems to fill the air on Valentine’s Day? The feeling of love and romance lingering all around you. Whether you find yourself cuddled up with your loved one on the couch watching a sappy romantic comedy, or out on the town for an amazingly fantastic evening, Valentine’s Day makes your heart flutter a bit when you’re with the one you love. Well, visitors to Paris claim this feeling is abundant every day, not just on Valentine’s Day!
Quoted as being one of the most romantic getaway cities, Paris truly is a wonderful city to spend time with your sweetheart. Each year, thousands of hands are asked in marriage at the Eiffel Tower, topping our list of romantic activities to do on your visit here! With a Paris Visite pass and Museum Pass, a Paris Pass, or a special Wine tour, you can make the time you spend in Paris with your loved one, unbelievably romantic and memorable!
For this post, we have put together our top 10 romantic activities for you to do on your next trip to Paris. Of course, there are countless other activities but these are some of our favorites, enjoy!
10. Stroll through the Latin Quarter, hand-in-hand with your sweetheart. Treat yourselves to a traditionally French meal at any one of the fine restaurants that surround the area (at a fraction of the cost compared to the really fancy places found in the heart of Paris!).
9. Take a relaxing walk along the Seine while sharing a warm crêpe (filled with strawberries, or chocolate perhaps!). Stop and have your picture drawn or painted by one of the talented artists that fill the sidewalk. A few Euros for the drawing will be worth the masterpiece you bring home, with the love you share captured, forever, in the artist’s work.
8. Treat yourselves to a day in Strasbourg. Using a France Railpass, hop aboard the TGV and embark on your romantic journey. The train offers fantastic scenery to add ambiance to your trip – that is if you can keep your eyes off each other! Meander through the streets of Strasbourg taking in the German-French culture, a total transformation from what you see in Paris. A great city to spend a day in, and you can get there by train in just over 2 hours!
7. Indulge in a wine and cheese tasting lunch together. Learn what makes a bottle of wine a good bottle. Savor the wine along with some delectable cheeses and breads. Don’t forget to take notes as you may have an upcoming special event or occasion that you’ll want a good bottle of fancy French wine served at!
6. Take some time wandering down the long halls of the Louvre, embracing the magnificent work that fills the museum. Make a point of viewing the Mona Lisa and playfully debate the mood of the subject as well as who is being portrayed in the painting. Is it the artist’s lover? Self-portrait? You be the judge!
5. Hop on the RER with your Paris Visite Pass and head to the Palace of Versailles. Here you can have a look around the golden palace. Stroll at your leisure through the amazing gardens. Then be sure to gaze upon yourselves in the renowned Hall of Mirrors. Don’t forget to snap some pictures of the gorgeous fountains; they’ll make a nice addition to your photo album!
4. Stop by the Hotel Concorde La Fayette (with a reservation, of course!) and dine in the panoramic bar. Enjoy fantastically prepared food that is the perfect accent to the stunning views of Paris set before you. This will be a night all of your friends will be envious of when you return home!
3. Embark on a fabulous Tour of Paris with the luxury of hopping on and off at your leisure. Stop by sights such as l’Opéra, Notre-Dame, Champs Elysées, Trocadero and many more. A wonderful ending to this day of discovery would be a walk back to Trocadero to catch a glimpse of the city, twinkling with lights. From this vantage point you can snap some amazing shots of you and your love with the Eiffel Tower standing tall in the distance.
2. Delight in a wonderfully romantic dinner cruise along the Seine River. Watch notable attractions pass by as you and your special someone float on your own piece of paradise. Along with breathtaking scenery, you’ll enjoy a terrific meal, prepared by Chef Yves Gras of the French Culinary Academy, presented with a fine assortment of wine and cheese. Live music fills the vessel and you can enjoy a special moment on the dance floor. The evening ends at the base of the Eiffel Tower…it doesn’t get more romantic then that!
Topping off our Top 10 most romantic activities to do while in Paris list involves a climb up the Eiffel Tower. For years, Paris has been synonymous with love, and the Eiffel Tower always seems to emit that certain je ne sais quoi, “romantic vibe”…
1. There is no better way to conclude your tour of Paris than to reach the top of the Eiffel Tower with the one you love. Stare out across the city and embrace the vision before you. Take your partner in your arms and practice the fine art of kissing (which the French have perfected as well as they have wine making!). Not married or engaged? There’s no time like the present to pop the question! If you’ve already crossed that bridge, simply enjoy the moment. Do whatever you need to do to ensure you will never forget the way you feel at that very moment!
Whether you’ve experienced some of the things on our list or not, one thing is for certain, you don’t need to look very hard for romance in Paris. Do whatever you think will be special, feel free to use some of our ideas or create your very own magical memories!
And remember, it doesn’t have to be Valentine’s Day to share tender moments with the one you love!